Does Princess...

judbusluc

it depends on the ship and the senior staff.

On our recent Royal cruise, the Captain and senior staff hosted a lunch in Sabatini's for our CC group, and on another day, provided a private tour of the galley...on other cruises, they provide a venue for a meet and greet and some peanuts.....and sometimes they do nothing.

does Princess do any kind of get-togethers for those on this board?
Not usually, except J Lawrence used to do them in the Baltics. CC "meet & mingles" are self generated by the roll call members.

The best things to do:

1. Plan a meet and greet on your own with your roll call. Decide on a time and place for a meet or two. Suggest that someone be the conduit for info and everyone who wants to do can email that person with cabin number (that way it won't be public). Then if there are additional meetings, that person can deliver the info to each person's inbox (maybe have some notes premade with spaces for the time and place).

2. Someone can email the CD on your ship and ask if he or she will help plan a meet and greet.

Sometimes your email will be forwarded to a person at Corporate who will send you a price list for goodies. But if your fellow rollcallers may prefer to stop by the Horizon Court to make plates up of goodies and swing by a bar for their own drinks. You can meet somewhere and put together your own party in this case.

Sometimes the CD will reserve a place for you and place a notice in the Patters. That happened on our last cruise: I contacted the CD, he replied that he would put together two meets (on our 15-day cruise). He wigged out on the first one, but left me a note as to time and place for the other one. I wrote notes and placed in the others' inboxes. Someone on the CD staff showed up with a bottle of bubbly to pour.

does Princess do any kind of get-togethers for those on this board?
As a general rule, Princess does not sponsor "meet and greets" or get-togethers so your best bet is to join your roll call and arrange to meet your fellow travelers by planning your own get-together. There are some CDs who actually read these boards and want to know if there's a Cruise Critic group onboard the ship. These special CDs will put a notice in the Patter and plan a get-together, complete with drinks and snacks. Richard Joseph is one of the CDs that does this.

There have been lists of special people to contact...I have just set up a get-together for my Emerald cruise in Feb. They will only help with the setup at 45 days before sailing.

She has set up a time and place with the head count I supple they have an appropate number of waiters and bar-tenders.

As mentioned they only supply a "dry bar mix" and guests must pay for their drinks...anything else has to be paid for....

Enjoy..

Archived