Pearl Waterslide

Miss Jolly

Here you go! 2800281490060502137S500x500Q85.jpg

We were on the Pearl to Alaska (what a surprise, it was raining in Seattle :D when this picture was taken) so it wasn't heavily used. I didn't try it, and most of the kids that I saw using it were probably in the 8-12 age range. I'm sure it's used more heavily in the Caribbean.

Does anyone have photos of the water slide on the Pearl please? What ages is it for please?

Thank you.

Jennie

Was on the Pearl back in December 2007. The water slide was about 100 feet long (it has one loop) and it empties into the kids pool. As for ages, I saw all age groups use the slide. If the child was real young, an adult would slid down with the child on there lap. The kids pool is about 2 feet deep. There is a separate pool for adults only. The adult pool has a waterfall falling into the adult pool on one side of the pool. You can sit in the pool with the water falling on you. There are also 4 hot tubes on the four corner of the pool area. Hope this helps.

Doug

Thank you for the info and photo. It all meets to my daughter's satisfaction. LOL! Hoping to convince my dh to book Pearl for 7th Dec cruise. He says that he would love to go to Belize. That is our motivating tool whereas my teens are happy just to stay on board.

Jennie

• 3 years later...
Was on the Pearl back in December 2007. The water slide was about 100 feet long (it has one loop) and it empties into the kids pool. As for ages, I saw all age groups use the slide. If the child was real young, an adult would slid down with the child on there lap. The kids pool is about 2 feet deep. There is a separate pool for adults only. The adult pool has a waterfall falling into the adult pool on one side of the pool. You can sit in the pool with the water falling on you. There are also 4 hot tubes on the four corner of the pool area. Hope this helps.

Doug

As the photo shows, the slide has three loops. It ends in a walk-out pool, not a kid pool...it's just a place to stand up after the ride.

I found it really slow, but better than my husband and our friend. The men both got stuck halfway and had to inch their way down!

On the day the ship was docked in St. Thomas last November the captain and his wife and my 18 year old son spent over an hour going down the slide over and over. It was great fun. I don't think the slide is normally open while at port though. There was a long line on sea days.

As the photo shows, the slide has three loops. It ends in a walk-out pool, not a kid pool...it's just a place to stand up after the ride.

I found it really slow, but better than my husband and our friend. The men both got stuck halfway and had to inch their way down!

It takes practice. Once you learn the proper angle anyone can get a good slide going. Ask me how I know. ;)

• 2 years later...

So I guess that means that they gave removed the slide?

Given the other older comments above there clearly used to be a slide on the Pearl.

Is there anyone who has been on the Pearl and found a slide? :-)

I think I'll contact customer service about this. The slide was important in selecting the ship, because it's something to entertain the kids at the pool.

Given the other older comments above there clearly used to be a slide on the Pearl.

I think I'll contact customer service about this. The slide was important in selecting the ship, because it's something to entertain the kids at the pool.

As far as I know it was removed because the Pearl is often chartered for concert cruises and it was in the way.

the slide was removed fro all the sixth man music charters. We need someone who has cruisded on the Pearl since the end of March to let us know if it has been reinstalled. Any recent (last 30 day cruisers?)

I just got word from NCL:

"From all the reports that I have seen the slide has been removed and will not be returning."

That doesn't sound very good. No more slide on the Pearl :-(

I feel like canceling my booking... but then I have to start searching again for another cruise. Not too happy.

the slide was removed fro all the sixth man music charters. We need someone who has cruisded on the Pearl since the end of March to let us know if it has been reinstalled. Any recent (last 30 day cruisers?)

I was on the Pearl 3/28/14 and at the CC Meet and Greet someone asked about the slide. The hotel director said it was removed because of the music charters and it won't be reinstalled.

My niece and nephew (7 & 9) got stuck. also. They didn't like it, because it is too slow.