Menu/Prices in PD restaurants

Hi,

I would recommend eating at Steak House for a good meal (steak) this was either $20 or $25pp for a 3 course meal with lots to choose from.

The Grill is great for a snack during the day, they make great hamburgers @ approx $6 and prawn cuttlets @ approx $5 etc, but a warning, if you get a hamburger, and a side of fries @ $2.50 you wont need to eat again for a day, the servings are huge.

The pizzeria well, we had a really bad experience eating in (30 mins to get a drink order taken) but great Pizza's for take away starting from approx $5.50 and they are a good size.

hope this helps.

Cheers

Kris

Hi,

Going on the PD 18 March. I'm not sure if this has been covered before but can anyone advise on the restaurant menu's and prices which have a per item surcharge.

Cheers

Lance

Hi Lance,

Agree with everything Kris said. Steakhouse great, grill is too and servings are huge. Drink prices on board are pretty good too.

Refer these pictures..

2090301537_e8efe3089d_m.jpg2182142107_2da948d6cf_m.jpg

All the best

Don

Hey guys

Do they serve the Blooming Onion on the Pacific Dawn and PacificSun as well?

Or was that just a Pacific Star menu item only.

I absolutely loved it!!!

The blooming onion is available in the Outback steakhouse on Pacific Sun - don't know about the Dawn as we havn't been on her (yet). I have heard only good reports about the steakhouse. The group we were with voted that the French dinner was our 'least favourite' of all the dinner menus, so we went to the steakhouse that night. We didn't buy any other food on board, but heard only good reports.:)

The group we were with voted that the French dinner was our 'least favourite' of all the dinner menus, so we went to the steakhouse that night. :)

There's no way I was going to miss out on the escargots:D

Karen

Hi Lance

Didn't realise there were surcharges at all! I was on the Christmas Cruise on the Pacific Dawn, and the cocktail prices were very good (starting at $6.50). We ate in the Cafe del Sol for breakfast and lunch, and then had dinner in the Palm Court - all FREE OF CHARGE. We had room service breakfast on two mornings, and there was a charge of $3, but that was all. The things you will get stung on will be the photographs ($20 each) and the snorkell hire ($99 for two snorkel hires less $20 deposit). There are lots of duty free items and a nice shop selling pashminas and cheap jewellery for $20. The touristy shop is, however, expensive and I had to resort to buying PD pens and keyrings which were $5 each (that WAS a rip off) for my work colleagues.

Pacific Dawn was fabulous and I would highly recommend anyone to give her a go. We had an absolute ball and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Joanna:D

The blooming onion is available in the Outback steakhouse on Pacific Sun - don't know about the Dawn as we havn't been on her (yet). I have heard only good reports about the steakhouse. The group we were with voted that the French dinner was our 'least favourite' of all the dinner menus, so we went to the steakhouse that night. We didn't buy any other food on board, but heard only good reports.:)

Wow I think you really missed out! The french night on our P/S cruise was the best night out of 10 nights.

Den.

The touristy shop is, however, expensive and I had to resort to buying PD pens and keyrings which were $5 each (that WAS a rip off) for my work colleagues.

Joanna:D

I didn't think it was too bad. I bought a (very casual) over the shoulder bag thingy mainly for when I go to watch the kids play soccer. It will hold my car keys, phone & wallet & a few other things. It cost me $20 but I had been looking for something similar during last soccer season at home & couldn't find anything so I was very pleased. I also bought a PD Inaugural Season t shirt for $25.

Karen

I didn't think it was too bad. I bought a (very casual) over the shoulder bag thingy mainly for when I go to watch the kids play soccer. It will hold my car keys, phone & wallet & a few other things. It cost me $20 but I had been looking for something similar during last soccer season at home & couldn't find anything so I was very pleased. I also bought a PD Inaugural Season t shirt for $25.

Karen

but you really liked you secret santa present though didnt you Karen;)

Chez

xx

Chez

xx

I sure did. It was awesome. It was a Pacific Sun backpack mesh type bag ideal for holding snorkel equipment. I loved it & will certainly be using it on our next cruise.

Karen

Chez

xx

I sure did. It was awesome. It was a Pacific Sun mesh backpack type bag ideal for holding snorkel equipment. I loved it & will certainly be using it on our next cruise.

Karen

The group we were with voted that the French dinner was our 'least favourite' of all the dinner menus, so we went to the steakhouse that night.

I went on the christmas 04 cruise on PS and on french night i for some reason didn't choose to have the French onion soup. it's a decision i have been regretting ever since. all i hear everytime my friends who went with me talk about the cruise, is how awesome that soup was. missing out on that soup was the low point of my cruise :) i REALLY hope they have it this time on the dawn. lol. it's been haunting me for more than 3 years!!

I was supposed to get that !:D

Ha ha Jen, but I got yours, and its hanging in my entrance, funny how things worked out:p but I have another for you here Jen, when you visit, and Andy said bring the Crownies :D

Archived