GEM Bar Setup Was a Breeze!

WinterSky

The tel. number posted in this thread didn't work for me.

I called NCL reservations:

I gave them my reservation number, they connected me to the GEM ship cordinator and my liquor order was completed in lkess than a minute.

I sent her an email, got an automatic reply shortly afterwards. Then she emailed me back within 24 or 48 hours. (my days are all running together now!) I'll let you know about the Ketel One once I place the order.

I got a reply saying that the Ketel One is available for $65 a bottle. A bit steep when Absolute is $40.

Sue told me to say hi to you and she did remember your name. :D

Jackie

• 2 weeks later...

This is going to sound weird....We googles how many shorts in a litre and and her is what you get:

1 liter = 22.5426817 shots

That is roughtly 22 1 shot drinks. (1.5 oz per shot) Say you have a Captain and Coke on the ship. Roughly $4.50? Not really sure. $4.50 plus 15% is $5.18. $65 divided by $5.18 is 12.54 drinks. If you bring on your own mixers (and limes) it still is cheaper to do it yourself. So paying the $65 each for the Ketel One and Captain Morgan wasn't such a shocker as I thought once I did the math!:D

Other cruise lines do. It's not such a secret! When I emailed the ship coordinator she just said "the bottles range in price from $40-55 each." I had to tell her what I was interested in (vodka) before she'd quote. I, too, asked about mixers and she didn't respond.

In cabins with a fridge, aren't there set ups in them you buy as you use? Or am I confusing other cruise lines again?

Yes, please send me the list of wine and beer if you have it. Thanks

Other cruise lines do. It's not such a secret! When I emailed the ship coordinator she just said "the bottles range in price from $40-55 each." I had to tell her what I was interested in (vodka) before she'd quote. I, too, asked about mixers and she didn't respond.

In cabins with a fridge, aren't there set ups in them you buy as you use? Or am I confusing other cruise lines again?

Yes, please send me the list of wine and beer if you have it. Thanks

If you would like to order mixers, you can include that in your email to the ship coordinator.

You may also carry your own mixers onto the ship or buy them in port.

The fridge in the cabin does have soda, beer, tonic water, small bottles of wine, airline size bottles of liquor + 15% gratuity.

When you order the bar set-up from the ship coordinator there is a $3.00 service charge for the total order.

hi all.....

Question: should I worry? Leaving 2/23 Gem

I ordered my set up via phone on 2/6--she said my card would be charged 2/14--(it has not be put on card yet)

I have called and left message and emailed 3 times...NO reply....

Do I have a set up or not?

thanks

jaja

hi all.....

I ordered my set up via phone on 2/6--she said my card would be charged 2/14--(it has not be put on card yet)

thanks

jaja

Try emailing shipcoordinatorgem@ncl.com to confirm your order.

Your charge is normally billed to your charge card within the week of your cruise.

hi all.....

thanks

jaja

I also ordered a bar set up for our 2/23 Gem cruise via email on 2/5. When I didn't notice a charge on my card, I sent Sandra an email last Saturday asking if all was well. Still no charge on my card. I called her Tuesday morning and she told me that the charge had been applied to my card on Monday, I checked and sure enough, it was there. I finally got a confirming email yesterday which I printed out to bring with me just in case. I called at about 9:30 am and was able to speak with her.

• 3 weeks later...
Sandra advised me that the Bar Setup arrangement does not include mixers. You could always bring some with you or get them onboard. I am thinking about the soda card which I understand is $67 per person for the full cruise. Juices are also available in the buffet, so that is another option if you like to use juice.

WinterSky:)

iwould please like a copy of list thanks

lwbeam@optonline.net

Can you just order bottles to your room while onboard? Or does it all have to be pre-ordered prior to crusing?

Thanks in advance.:confused:

You need to preorder and should do it before you hit the 2 week before sailing date just to make sure you get in contact with the cruise coordinator. If you don't have a list just tell her what you want and she'll give yo the price. The standard stuff (Absolute, Bacardi ) is about $45 -$55 a liter. The premium will run about $65 .

Archived