GEM Bar Setup Was a Breeze!

WinterSky

On the weekend, I sent an email to the ship's (Gem) coordinator to request information about the bar setup. I provided our:

1. Reservation Number
  2. Ship's Name
  3. Embarkation Date
  4. Disembarkation Date
  5. Guest Names
  6. Stateroom Category and Stateroom Number

I got the automatic reply that advises you that your email has been received, however, since the administration offices are not opened on the weekend and our cruise date is not until March 8, I really did not think that I would receive a response until sometime later in the week.

To my surprise, I received an email response directly from the ship's coordinator first thing on Monday morning (today) that included her name and direct telephone and fax numbers. I then made a quick toll-free call, placed my order and provided my credit card information. Sandra told me that my credit card will be billed about one week before the cruise date. She was prompt and professional, even helping me with one selection. Perfect customer service!!!

Thank you Sandra!

Ship: Norwegian Gem

Ship Coordinator: Sandra Agusti

ShipCoordinatorGem@ncl.com

Toll-free telephone: 800 327 9020 Extension: 7762

Fax: 305 436 4147

WinterSky:)

I had a note this morning from Sandra as well, asking me for a few more details and confirming the date I have to have my arrangement made. This is in response to an e-mail I sent over the weekend.

The ball is in my court... she seems well on top of things.

Libby

I wasn't sure how to go about setting this up on the cruise we are going on in a few weeks (NCL Sun). I called up NCL just now to inquire about it - and they say they do nothing like this - only wine / champs available in the stateroom. I was abit puzzled by their statement as I've read about it here on Cruise Critic and other forums.

I am going to do abit more investigation - since my hubby really would like to be able to have a bottle of amber rum waiting in his stateroom - for when we just want to relax there - with a Dark & Stormy (rum and ginger beer - delicious!!!).

Sorry, double post. Might as well use this for another question. Do they supply a list of what is available or do you ask for what you want and they yes or no it?

I think that placing your order early can't hurt anything. Actually, there isn't a list. Sandra asks what you would like to have and then she checks whether it is available. We ordered Smirnoff's, Crown Royal, and when I got to our beer selection, I was a bit lost as the Canadian brews we are familiar with were not on the list. Sandra was happy to read me a list of imported and then domestic brands that I chose from.

I would order now and check it off of my cruise 'to do' list.

I wasn't sure how to go about setting this up on the cruise we are going on in a few weeks (NCL Sun). I called up NCL just now to inquire about it - and they say they do nothing like this - only wine / champs available in the stateroom. I was abit puzzled by their statement as I've read about it here on Cruise Critic and other forums.

I am going to do abit more investigation - since my hubby really would like to be able to have a bottle of amber rum waiting in his stateroom - for when we just want to relax there - with a Dark & Stormy (rum and ginger beer - delicious!!!).

I believe that the arrangements need to be in place at least a couple of weeks before you cruise. There is a deadline after which you may not be able to finalize the arrangements.

Perhaps the easiest way for you to make the initial contact with your ship's coordinator is by email. The email address for the Sun would be shipcoordinatorsun@ncl.com. When you send your email, be sure to include at least your reservation number. We provided more information as indicated in my first post.

Enjoy the amber!

The Gem allowed someone to do it seven days before. In any case email the ships coordinator on the Sun now and tell them you were told it wasn't available and will they allow you to do it now. Another example of a clueless csr unfortunately.

I had trouble getting ahold of Holly, the Sun coordinator, originally. I sent two emails and followed up with a call - after the call, which was about 2 weeks after my original email, she finally sent me an email back including both the wine list (which is ordered through the main reservations number) and the liquor/beer list (ordered through the ship coordinator).

I called her back with my order and credit card number, and supposedly we're all set with our liquor order for our Saturday the 19th sailing.

In her email, Holly told me that I had until 1/14 to place both my wine order and my liquor order - I think this just varies by the coordinator! Everyone seems to get quotes on different amounts of time.

She can be reached at:

Holly Molter | Group Event Coordinator, Norwegian Sun

shipcoordinatorsun@ncl.com

1-800-327-9020 | EXT 7660 | fax 305-436-4147

If anyone would like the wine list or the liquor list, please let me know.

would a bar setup work the same way for the Star?

Yes..it should. That's how I did it on the Dawn a few weeks ago.

I was told the order must be made 2 weeks prior. I did it one month prior and it was also handled promptly. My 2 bottles were in my room when we got there.

Good luck.

Happy sailing. :)

Winnie

Winnie

Are mixers available? I've seen other posts where people recommend bringing their own mixers (and taking OJ in the morning, etc.). We will not be able to easily bring mixers or buy when we get there. I would be willing to pay - I'm curious what mixers we can order and the price. Thanks.

I had trouble getting ahold of Holly, the Sun coordinator, originally. I sent two emails and followed up with a call - after the call, which was about 2 weeks after my original email, she finally sent me an email back including both the wine list (which is ordered through the main

Many :) thanks for the tip - one of the members in my Roll Call also mentioned Holly's name and email addy - so I sent one to her this evening - but having her phone number that you've provided will come in handy if I have had no response from her by end of week. It's abit odd tho' that NCL when I called there toll free number denied that any sort of "bar set up" was available on their cruise ships - is it something that they don't wish many people to know about I wonder?

How is the pricing for the liquor? Cheaper than bringing it onboard yourself? Duty free pricing?

Prices are between $40-$55 per liter. It's cheaper them bringing it onboard because you CAN'T bring it on board. It will be conficated until you leave.

Any liquor you buy in the duty-free shop will be kept until you debark the ship.

Happy Cruising

I spoke to the coordinator for the Star yesterday to order the bar set-up, and we cruise this Sunday. She actually said today (Tuesday) was the last day I could order it. But I didn't ask about mixers. Can you bring soda onboard? Or mixers? and if so, and it's in your luggage, do they still send you to the "naughty room?"

Are mixers available? I've seen other posts where people recommend bringing their own mixers (and taking OJ in the morning, etc.). We will not be able to easily bring mixers or buy when we get there. I would be willing to pay - I'm curious what mixers we can order and the price. Thanks.

Sandra advised me that the Bar Setup arrangement does not include mixers. You could always bring some with you or get them onboard. I am thinking about the soda card which I understand is $67 per person for the full cruise. Juices are also available in the buffet, so that is another option if you like to use juice.

Thanks for the mixer response. I'd love a Bloody Mary mixer - something we would never drink at home. Sounds great to me. However, we are spending 4 weeks in Spain with family (in a small town) prior to the cruise. I can't see lugging the bottle around for 4 weeks and certainly wouldn't find one there. I think your point about the juice at the buffet is my best bet. Either that, or maybe I'll just skip the bar set up and drink wine all week :) Who knows, but it's sure fun planning! Thanks again.

I had trouble getting ahold of Holly, the Sun coordinator, originally. I sent two emails and followed up with a call - after the call, which was about ......

If anyone would like the wine list or the liquor list, please let me know.

Hi Megalin77 - yes :) please to receiving your kind offer of sending on the liquor list. No response yet from Holly - from what I've read here/there she maybe is doing 2 coordinators jobs - so probably up to her eyeballs in work. It's a big floating city that she's coordinating there - and imagine if she's doing two - :eek: yikes!!!

My email addy is: silly_willy61@hotmail.com

Many thanks in advance!

Archived