Countdown Clocks - Pet Peeve

cruz chic

I know this is petty but it is a pet peeve of mine that people don't go and remove their countdown clocks after they have sailed. I'm not talking removing it after a week or two. I've seen some posters that still have theirs on that sailed in the summer of 2007:eek: !

I know this is petty but it is a pet peeve of mine that people don't go and remove their countdown clocks after they have sailed. I'm not talking removing it after a week or two. I've seen some posters that still have theirs on that sailed in the summer of 2007:eek: !

Does that make it a 'countup clock' then?:D

Hi Lorekauf----I am using a countdown clock for the first time and I just thought it would die a natural death. When we meet up on the Maasdam in April, you can explain to me how to remove it!!! I am looking forward to making your aquaintance.

Hi Lorekauf----I am using a countdown clock for the first time and I just thought it would die a natural death. When we meet up on the Maasdam in April, you can explain to me how to remove it!!! I am looking forward to making your aquaintance.

To get rid of it you go into the user CP at the left hand side of the screen. Then you go into edit signature. I think you then delete it from there. I can't recall if that is the step. I'm sure someone that is more computer savy them me (pretty easy) will step in here.

I agree, it would be nice it it died a natural death. Maybe a lot of people think they do.

I am looking forward to meeting you as well Sapper1.

Remove it? I can't figure out how to post it. I ended up with a "?".

I know I've struggled with these clocks too. I'm amazed that I was able to get mine on my own signature. I know the first time I tried to do it it just wouldn't co-operate.:D

I have the same problem. Do you use a Mac as I do? Perhaps the CC software is still in the dark ages!

Yes, I do have a Mac, but it't BRAND NEW. Christmas Present. We got the top of the line. I think it has to do with the new mouse. The thing is driving me crazy. Does way too much and is super sensitive. I am on the old PC at work now so I will try from here.

just a suggestion: don't look:rolleyes:

why get upset over nothing:eek:

Okay I admit to being a clockdown offender:o but I didn't know how to turn mine off either, and it was for a cruise I canceled.:eek:

Anyway I went into User CP, edit signature, clicked on the countdown box, hit Delete and Poof it was gone.

Okay I admit to being a clockdown offender:o but I didn't know how to turn mine off either, and it was for a cruise I canceled.:eek:

Anyway I went into User CP, edit signature, clicked on the countdown box, hit Delete and Poof it was gone.

Awesome.......thanks for being so good natured about it. It's much appreciated!:)

No problem.......now if I could just figure out that whole cut, copy, paste thing I'd be a happy camper.:o

Highlight, right click, click on copy. Click where you want it, right click, click on paste.

On my countdown clocks, they go to a negative number after hitting the magic of zero. You just dont want to be at home watching it get to zero, because then that will mean you have missed your ship.:p

Dave

Archived