Normal AFT'er, tried 9318 Hump on Explorer

DW and I are Aft lovers but we got a good deal on a Middle of the Hump cabin 9318, on Explorer for the 9 night out of Cape Liberty. What a nice cabin !! I still like the view better from the Aft but the middle of the hump is quite nice cuz you can see the whole side of the ship. It was a JS so the DW loved the walk in closet too. If I cant get an Aft cabin I will surely try to get this cabin again if possible. DW says its a coin flip for her....:rolleyes:

DW and I are Aft lovers but we got a good deal on a Middle of the Hump cabin 9318, on Explorer for the 9 night out of Cape Liberty. What a nice cabin !! I still like the view better from the Aft but the middle of the hump is quite nice cuz you can see the whole side of the ship. It was a JS so the DW loved the walk in closet too. If I cant get an Aft cabin I will surely try to get this cabin again if possible. DW says its a coin flip for her....:rolleyes:

I had 9318 on the Mariner in November and LOVED it!!! I did try an aft on the AOS last year.....and decided it just wasn't my thing. I'm stickin' with the hump! :)

I had 9318 on the Mariner in November and LOVED it!!! I did try an aft on the AOS last year.....and decided it just wasn't my thing. I'm stickin' with the hump! :)

I normally take the AFT if it at all possible on any Radiance or Vision class ship. The Aft just looks soooooo far away from anything on the Voyager and Freedom class ships.

I've been saving this question for you Robyn (Queen of Adventure ;) ). have you ever sailed in 1612? I have this cabin booked on AOS in September. The sole reason I took it is because the balcony apprears to be completely isolated. I was wondering if it really is as isolated as it it shows on the deck plans.

I have 9318 on ExOS for Bermuda in May.....we just had an aft on Enchantment for our B2B from which we just dis-guested...and I hated it! So much that we moved to a regular JS on deck 8, basically midship. The noise from the lounge underneath was ridiculous and the vibration was awful! (not to mention the black gunk from the smokestack!)

those of you who love AFT...good for you....! me, i will stick the hump!

We have 9322 booked on Mariner next month - how was noise from elevators? Also, are the balcony walls plexiglass/see through? I"m looking forward to some fresh sea air and relaxing on the balcony as we've only ever had interior cabins! Guess my only concern would be if we were beside smokers, but I guess we can't control that! Thanks,

We have 9322 booked on Mariner next month - how was noise from elevators? Also, are the balcony walls plexiglass/see through? I"m looking forward to some fresh sea air and relaxing on the balcony as we've only ever had interior cabins! Guess my only concern would be if we were beside smokers, but I guess we can't control that! Thanks,

We did not hear the elevators at all. Occcasionally we'd hear a loud person coming back to thier cabin late night, but nothing major. The side walls on our balcony were metal, but Im not sure if its cuz we had a JS , or the position of the balcony, but most are plexiglass, but you CANNOT see through them. Have fun....

• 6 years later...

I apologize If I'm being a little forward, but what was a "good deal?" I'm trying to convince my DW to upgrade to that exact cabin, prices dropped today to $1700 pp w/ discount on a 9 night Bermuda and Caribbean. Plus they are offering $300 OBC so I think it's worth it, but we are new to cruising and don't really have anything to compare it to. Thanks for any and all help