Norwegian Star, norovirus!!!!!!!!!

stevejohnsmith22

Again, those are helpful for bacteria..but not for viral. Soup and water (while singing the birthday song, so you know how long to wash for) really works the best for the noro virus.

My boyfriend and I just got off the Star on 1/19, and we have both been perfectly fine. I'm amazed that anyone can get a germ considering the proliferance of anti-bacterial wash resident all over the ship.

Again, those are helpful for bacteria..but not for viral. Soup and water (while singing the birthday song, so you know how long to wash for) really works the best for the noro virus.

What kind of soup do you recommend for washing?? LOL, couldn't resist, sorry!! :p

I make my son sing "Old McDonald" while he washes.

I'd go with chicken soup myself LOL. That cures anything!

Yes, that's another good song to use.

What kind of soup do you recommend for washing?? LOL, couldn't resist, sorry!! :p

I make my son sing "Old McDonald" while he washes.

• Cruise Line: Norwegian Cruise Line
  • Cruise Ship: Norwegian Star
  • Voyage Dates: 1/19-1/27
  • Number of ill passengers out of total number of passengers: 137 of 2430 (5.64%)
  • Number of ill crew out of total number of crew: 14 of 1104 (1.27%)
  • Predominant symptoms: diarrhea and vomiting
  • Actions: In response to the outbreak, Norwegian Cruise Line and the crew aboard the ship took the following actions:
    • increased cleaning and disinfection procedures,
    • staffed the ship with additional environmental health support staff,
    • collected stool specimens for analysis, and
    • will delay embarkation:eek: for the following voyage in order to conduct further cleaning and disinfection,
    • is sending daily updates to CDC until the number of ill people returns to expected levels.

[*]On January 24th, VSP staff will board the ship to conduct a targeted environmental health assessment and make recommendations.

You should, seriously, sing the Happy Birthday song twice. And, don't forget to wash up to your wrists.
According the Mayo clinic, one time through is fine for normal handwashing. However, if you actually touched the toilet seat with your hands, you should add..How old are you, how old are you etc. LOL!

We're loaded with clorox wipes, and all the immodium, antibacterial soap, etc we should need. I hope we are able to leave on Sunday (if not, I guess I get to see even more of LA!)..it's a lot of work cleaning up a big ship, and I'm sure the crew is just exhausted with all the cleaning up they had to do in the 'sick' cabins.

Nah, I don't think it based on the past. But, if I physche myself up for more time to see LA,, and it happens, I won't be disappointed LOL.

I wonder how we find out when to be there. So far, other than the url posted, I haven't heard I should be there at the usual time. It's not like an airline where you can go and see when your flight takes off. They do have our emergency numbers..I wonder if they will call them.

Do you really think that they will delay the sailing for a day. I was just thinking hours not days.

What time should we arrive at post? There is an 80% chance of rain on Sunday

GIVE ME A BREAK !!! YET ANOTHER NEW POSTER WITH NEGATIVE INFORMATION ABOUT NCL. :mad:

This is not negative information about NCL. It is a factual report, which is much different than someone ranting about some slight that they have suffered.

The break needed is from the attitude. Being a Sunshine Cruiser allows you to demand that people only say nice things even if the not nice things are true.

I know someone that won't use them..she says she never uses anything antibacterial. And to her credit I've known her since 1974, and she's never been sick. She's of the mind that she uses soap and water..lots of it and prefers that over an antibacterial. I imagine she isn't alone. She says if we all keep using it, soon it won't work. Everything will be resistant to it, and then what will we do.

I think HAL has been the most persistent. They wouldn't let people pick up a tray for the buffet, unless they put the antibacterial stuff on their hands. There were no if ands or butts. But even so, there was some illness.

Interesting to me is, we were on a Carnival cruise in November, and while the machines were there, they pretty much sat in the corner. No one even suggested we use them. And yet, you just don't hear about the Noro much on Carnival..at least I haven't.

Your friend is correct. Hand washing with soap and water is the best preventative. The rest is just for a feel good show because no one uses it correctly.

I always get 2 or 3 dispensed blobs, enough to thoroughly wet both sides of my hands and between the fingers.

This is not close to enough. You need at least 10 blobs and if it dries in less than 30 actual seconds with vigorous hand rubbing you wasted your time. This stuff is not provided in sufficient quantities or used correctly and is thus a waste of time.

This is not negative information about NCL. It is a factual report, which is much different than someone ranting about some slight that they have suffered.

The break needed is from the attitude. Being a Sunshine Cruiser allows you to demand that people only say nice things even if the not nice things are true.

I disagree with your observation about sunshine cruisers. I am quite happy to read this report as it is factual and of interest to me. Don't lump a group together with this type of statement based on one persons comment!

Archived