Vista VS Premium Suites on Golden

Shamrock359

I'm looking to do the Golden to Hawaii, and would like a suite. I have stayed in the PH on the Crown, which was midship. What appears to be the difference (other than the deck it is located on) between a vista and a premium suite? The PH on the Golden is in a much better location than the Crown, but you're still looking down on other people in the Dolphin decks below. I have never been aft but old sailors tell me that it's the best place to be. My DH says we'd be missing a lot by being aft because we can't see to the sides, only the rear. I personally love to watch the wake. I'd be interested in hearing both pros, cons, and any advice you may have. Thanks everyone!

My DH says we'd be missing a lot by being aft because we can't see to the sides, only the rear. I personally love to watch the wake. I'd be interested in hearing both pros, cons, and any advice you may have. Thanks everyone!

After having stayed in both D736 and D737 on the Golden I would agree with you. The rippling sound of the wake in the evenings while underway is nothing short of awesome and since the balcony wraps around you can see just as well down the side of the ship. There is a beam located off to one side of the balcony but it is still huge and does not interfere with entertaining at all, as a matter of fact we hosted the Ultimate Balcony Dinner for 8 on ours with no problem. Another good point is that you are located at the end of the hallway so there is no traffic by your cabin and zero noise from other cruisers.

Mike:)

I'm looking to do the Golden to Hawaii, and would like a suite. I have stayed in the PH on the Crown, which was midship. What appears to be the difference (other than the deck it is located on) between a vista and a premium suite? The PH on the Golden is in a much better location than the Crown, but you're still looking down on other people in the Dolphin decks below. I have never been aft but old sailors tell me that it's the best place to be. My DH says we'd be missing a lot by being aft because we can't see to the sides, only the rear. I personally love to watch the wake. I'd be interested in hearing both pros, cons, and any advice you may have. Thanks everyone!

I know you're excited, but just be aware that you'll experience a lot more movement and ship noise back there. We were warned about the movement, but shocked once we felt it & heard all the creaking, moaning & groaning the ship did. The noise from the Vista Lounge wasn't bothersome, as it always ended by 10:15pm and the hallway traffic noise was wonderfully quiet.

If you go prepared, perhaps it won't bother you at all. Personally, I'd go with a midship suite on Princess ships. We've had many other aft & very forward-facing suites and none of them moved the way Princess ships do. ;)

I would choose aft. In my opinion you have a better view because you can see both sides. Never a problem with what Lady Jag said. We have probably stayed aft maybe 10 times on Princess ships. If you go aft you will not regret it.

Another vote for Aft. No problem with motion or noise. The view is great, the wake is great, the privacy & quiet at the stern is great, the balcony is large & private & no wind...no complaints! The only time we heard or felt anything was coming into or leaving port when the thrusters were activated, and that is only for a brief time.

Archived