Shopping for Jewelry

kasualkathy

St. Martin!

Do a search on this forum for "Jewelry" - you'll see serveral long posts with advice and everyones recommendations. If you read a bunch of these you'll see a few shops getting consistent recommendations.

Shopping in St. Maarten is better than St. Thomas for just about anything you might consider. Especially jewelry, booze, perfume, tablecloths & linens, and did I mention booze?

If you're looking for some upscale earrings, then consider our favorite jeweler, Shiva's, @ 75 Front Street. Use that little 'Search' button up at the right hand side of the screen for 'Shiva' and see what you find.

gary

p.s. Please go measure your dining room table right now and pack away the measurements for the trip. When you get there you will want to buy something, and then you won't have to try to estimate the size of your table.

Edit to add: Free Beer available here, as well.

Melgray13, I noticed you went on Carnival Valor late last year. My group is thinking about taking the Valor in the Western Caribbean, but I'm concerned about the middle adults (we are all 28-30 yrs old) not having stuff to do on the boat (ie, disco bar aimed more towards 18 yr olds?). Can you help? I couldn't figure out how to send you a personal message on here.

• 1 month later...

I second the recommendation from Gary on Shiva's. We went there in November on Gary's recommendation and were treated like family. We got some great jewelry at some great prices, and I am having them ship a watch to me this week.

I will never shop anywhere else on St. Martin.

Regards,

Chef

Archived