Ss Cat. Noise

refman

Not on Westerdam , but aboard both Oosterdam and Noordam.

Yes, I've heard noise from above, but only when ahead of the glass elevators, but not enough to be disturbing at all.

Never any noise aft (beneath the Lido Restaurant)

I think it's inevitable that the deck under the Lido will have some chair scraping noises especially under the forward pool area. We had some disturbances on both Maasdam and Zaandam as the Navigation deck on both ships is right under the Lido. We were awakened 2 or 3 times early in the morning when they cleaned the area above us.

GN

Sailed in an SS suite (8048??) right below Lido. Never noticed any troublesome noise. We like to sleep late and I thought we'd be bothered in AM with chairs scraping. Never had enough noise to wake us up. The SS suite was real, real nice. We enjoyed it thoroughly. Especially the jacuzzi tub:p .

P.S. Forgot to say it was the Westerdam.

On the Zuiderdam we stayed in cabin 8093. It is below the Lido restaurant. Every night around 3AM I was awakened by constant scraping noises. They must do extremely heavy cleaning all night. Sounded like carts were also being moved back and forth. We were never bother with noise during the day or evening hours. My husband wasn't bother at all--he sleeps like a log.

Cindy

We were in 8075 on the Oosterdam. 2nd room back from the glass elevators. Heard some noise in the mornings from the Lido deck, but nothing that would have woken us up or disturbed us. Was a great cabin location, out the door up the stairs and you are at the Lido! We almost always brought our breakfast and lunch back to our room and enjoyed it on the balcony rather than fight the crowds up above in the Lido.

We were more worried about hearing and seeing the glass elevator. Never had any problems. The elevator cars are really lit up at night and the lights change color as the elevator passes through the different decks. Kind of fun to watch at night.

I was in 8053 on Oosterdam in June of '07. I booked 6055 for our April return to the Oosterdam to avoid noise from above. I don't recall it being loud enough to wake me but there was noise enough to make me book the deck under the "expensive" suites... ;-)

Archived