salami

yes you can

my last reply was removed dont know why mabey because

i left my email

some sites wont accept international credit cards

some you have to have an address in the US i just use

the hotel imm staying in the night before the cruise

i alwas give them a call and aske to make sure

Hopefully someone will know if it is possible to book on a US website? I am sure there won't be a problem but just need to double check.

I have to visit UK alot .

Know you have no access to Princesses own North American site.I could not even get into my Captains Circle

it just told me I was' unknown.'

I called Princess and they told me that while in UK there was no access allowed to North American site. only to the UK one.

yes you can

i left my email

Your email would have been removed because it is against the rules to post email addresses with the purpose of recommending a travel agent

yes you can

i left my email

thanks for that, they are all big agencies in florida that are offering good prices on the web and I guess they cant put in writing that they can sell me one. I shall call them tonight. Thanks for getting back to me!

Hopefully someone will know if it is possible to book on a US website? I am sure there won't be a problem but just need to double check.

Hi Salami

We've booked our last 2 cruises via US TA, but this year can't do:(. I like to be able to book own hotel, own flights etc because we like to go a couple of days early, and stay a few days after, wherever we are. Wanted to have a few days at Disney this year but because the cost of booking here is A LOT more, can't do it! Hope it changes back some time soon. Good luck if you can find a way.:cool:

No change that I know of. All but my first cruise was booked through a US TA and I have not had a problem.

Our upcoming cruise is booked in US$ with my Canadian address through a US

TA. I know she used my own address because of the fuel surcharge.

No change that I know of. All but my first cruise was booked through a US TA and I have not had a problem.

Our upcoming cruise is booked in US$ with my Canadian address through a US

TA. I know she used my own address because of the fuel surcharge.

I get quotes all the time from US based online travel agencies.... none have suggested that they are wasting my, and their time.

Princess has an agreement with P&O UK that will not let their US operations sell cruises in Europe. Canada and the US is O.K. but not UK. I have heard that those from the UK and Australia have problems with Captain's Club - they never get the # of previous cruises right. I've met many people on board that would love to have me book their cruises but there is no way!! And from what I have heard from these people is they pay way more than we do even taking into consideration the exchange rates.

We're from the UK and we booked our upcoming princess cruise through a US website. Had no problems at all.

We booked it in October. We had to do it over the phone with the US TA and it all went through fine. We sail in 5 weeks and have had no problems so far.

We booked our own separate flights etc - worked out much cheaper!

Rules may have changed since we booked it in October, but it does appear the website we used is still accepting UK bookings.

We live in Canada and always book through an American Travel agency mainly because my friend is president of it and I give her the business and she matches any deals I find.. This year we are sailing with our very good friends from the UK and they booked with the same agency but a separate booking, no problem at all, We all booked our flights independantly and will meet up in NY for a few days prior to the cruise. They found it to be very easy but i don't think you can book thorugh the Princess website. When I go on to Princess.com it always brings up the Canadian site so I expect it is the same for the UK folks

Terry

Hi we are from the UK we have booked through an online US travel agent, though we actually booked it over the phone with a freephone 0800 number to the US.

I can confirm that Princess will not allow you to book through an American agent, as that was who we orginally wanted to sail with, the agent said our alternatives where Holland America and Royal Caribbean, we went with Holland America.

The agent we used advertises on this website, if you click onto the home page they usually have an advert there, the lady we spoke to was very helpful, we have paid extra to have our cruise document couriered by DHL rather than collect them at the docks.

If booking through a US agent they cannot advise you on visa's or flights you have to arrange all of these yourself, we have booked or cruise. flights, hotel & car parking at Heathrow, 2 nights precruise and 2 nights after cruise - plus 2 trips for the price that a UK travel agent was quoting just for the cruise.

Please remember that CC guidelines do not permit posting of travel agent information or asking others to email you with names, contact information for travel agents. For clarification, if needed, the guidelines are posted at the top of the message boards.

Thanks for your cooperation!

Is this a recent rule change?

As i posted above, we booked our princess cruise through a US website (we're from the UK). Had no problems at all.

We go on our cruise in 5 weeks and i'm slightly alarmed that we may have broken 'princess rules' booking through the US site. We did it over the phone and the TA knew we were from the UK. All our documentation has arrived and all our details are on the princess site. So i'm hoping and presuming that must mean we're ok.

It's all paid for now so i wouldn't be too happy if i went to board the ship and then they decided to tell us we weren't allowed to cruise! :eek:

Archived