Live From Grandeur

Flew into Tampa on Sunday evening. Very nice airport. Stayed at the airport hotel and headed to the ship around 1PM. Boarding was a breeze. Tampa seems to know what it is doing.

Once on we checked out the cabin. Deck 8 with a balcony. Sweet. Ate a little lunch and then waited for the dreaded drill. It was fairly painless. Got a quick nap and checked out the Welcome Show. Simeon Baker is now the CD. He mentioned he just got back from vacation. I remember his brother, Matt on the Enchantment. He now works for NCL, I was told. Al Romas was the comedian and he was hilarious. He has an adult show tonight that we will not miss. They then did the 70s night in the Centrum which I found kind of weird. I guess they wanted families to participate with their kids. There are some 500 kids on board this cruise. Anyway, I enjoy the 70s night better in the disco.

Yesterday was a sea day. Very relaxing. The show was "My Romance" and we enjoyed it. New cast with a lot of energy.

Today is Cozumel. We leave fairly early, 3:30PM. Heading to Progress. I have never been there before and am not hearing good things. One of those makeshift ports so we will see how that goes. Might be a day on the ship for me.

Food has been okay. Not great but I do not expect greatness. There isn´t a Chops on board so it is dining room or WJC. I go with the dining room.

I will post again tomorrow from Progresso.

-SCA

The Ol ship opened the roof on the Solarium Pool many times on our repo in 2006. Not only that. They opened the upper side panels as well. If you feel it should be opened, and is not, don't be bashful. Ask about. You may get it opened.

Rick and Deirdra

The Ol ship opened the roof on the Solarium Pool many times on our repo in 2006. Not only that. They opened the upper side panels as well. If you feel it should be opened, and is not, don't be bashful. Ask about. You may get it opened.

Rick and Deirdra

500 kids! When we sailed on her on January, there was only 70! Have a great cruise. We did. We took the ship sponsored excursion to chiten itza while we were in progresso. We loved every minute of it. so did our 8 yr. old DD! YES the access to the pier is a very LONG 2 lane road.

Hey sircruisealot is there anyway you could buy me a blue Royal Caribbean lanyard from the gift shop? Its about 4 dollars and I will gladly pay for shipping and for the lanyard. Could you please email me futurebballer07@aim.com when you get back if you decided to pick this up for me! (the lanyard is blue and says royal Caribbean down the side in white it’s used to hold you sea pass) Thanks! :D

Thanks for posting. I look forward to hearing more.

Can you tell me if they open the roof on the Solarium pool in the daytime?

It was closed on our Jan 31st cruise and it was so hot in there.....we left to get "fresh air" in the pool area....(even though we prefer the Solarium)

It was closed on our Jan 31st cruise and it was so hot in there.....we left to get "fresh air" in the pool area....(even though we prefer the Solarium)

I think that they have a temperature that the outside has to be before they open it up. Somewhere about 80 degrees I have heard that when it is 75 outside the air in there gets very stuffy and many go outside to the fresh cooler air by the pool. We have yet to sail from Tampa (it's only 80 miles away) but when we visited the Florida Aquarium there was a ship behind the aquarium (Carnival if memory serves)

Do you think they open it more in the summer - it's got to be hot and stuffy in there in the summer in the Caribbean! :(

I would hope they would open it.......but it was also hot in the Caribbean when we went(winter)..

It was in the 80s the whole trip.................next theory;)

A. Lazy Crew did not want that hassle.

B. Lazy Passengers never asked them to open it.

C. It's broken.

D. It never reached the melting point of a PH

E. All of the Above

F. None of the above

G. Dagadget is a cracker eating nut :p

A. Lazy Crew did not want that hassle.

B. Lazy Passengers never asked them to open it.

C. It's broken.

D. It never reached the melting point of a PH

E. All of the Above

F. None of the above

G. Dagadget is a cracker eating nut :p

Wish they had had choices like that when I was in school!!! You can't go wrong with one of those answers.

But seriously, thanks for the hint of asking when we want it opened. I will surely not be lazy and do just that!!!

Sorry for the delay. Net was very slow on the ship. Progresso, Mexico was ok. I don't really see the point of stopping there but we hit the beach and drank cheap beer so I can't complain. Friday was a sea day. Had Herb Reed and the Platters on Thurs nite. Good show. Al Romas did a late night comedy show. Very funny. Last night was Farewell Show. Comedy Jugglers.

The Solarium was opened yesterday while at sea. Very nice.

At the airport now, ready to fly home and hit the cold weather. Booked another cruise for June on the Mariner.

Time to go back to work.

Every time we've been on Grandeur it has been a battle to get them to open it!

We are part of a vocal band of Grandeur enthusiests, who will usually get a positive solution early on, but will carry our complaint up to the Chief Engineer until it happens. :cool:

Same cruise,crew was fantastic as always.Great group playing in centrum.The Platters were super. Progresso is the pits.

There must be something wrong with me. I liked Progresso - or maybe it was just the shopping and cheap beer. We shop inside the pink compound, but DH found the beer across the street. ha :o ronpat

Flew into Tampa on Sunday evening. Very nice airport. Stayed at the airport hotel and headed to the ship around 1PM. Boarding was a breeze. Tampa seems to know what it is doing.

Once on we checked out the cabin. Deck 8 with a balcony. Sweet. Ate a little lunch and then waited for the dreaded drill. It was fairly painless. Got a quick nap and checked out the Welcome Show. Simeon Baker is now the CD. He mentioned he just got back from vacation. I remember his brother, Matt on the Enchantment. He now works for NCL, I was told. Al Romas was the comedian and he was hilarious. He has an adult show tonight that we will not miss. They then did the 70s night in the Centrum which I found kind of weird. I guess they wanted families to participate with their kids. There are some 500 kids on board this cruise. Anyway, I enjoy the 70s night better in the disco.

Yesterday was a sea day. Very relaxing. The show was "My Romance" and we enjoyed it. New cast with a lot of energy.

Today is Cozumel. We leave fairly early, 3:30PM. Heading to Progress. I have never been there before and am not hearing good things. One of those makeshift ports so we will see how that goes. Might be a day on the ship for me.

Food has been okay. Not great but I do not expect greatness. There isn´t a Chops on board so it is dining room or WJC. I go with the dining room.

I will post again tomorrow from Progresso.

-SCA

Any goodies we should know about before we board? We will be sailing on 4/12-19 Tampa to San Juan. Then off her and going on Serenade 4/19-5/3 to San Francisco via Panama Canal. We haven't been on either of these two ships, but have sailed same class on others. ronpat;)

Archived