Cozumel....What's your favorite thing to do?

GayleR

So, how 'bout it? What's you all time favorite thing to do in Cozumel (besides C&C's :cool: )? We have some friends that are cruising for the first time. They are heading to Coz and back (4 day out of Galveston) and I'd like to give them some ideas on what's the best.

Thanks,

Gayle

Well, one thing I don't do is book any excursions! I like to explore on my own - and it's always much less expensive, plus I get to do exactly what I want. I don't really make any plans until it's time to go ashore.

I sometimes head to San Miguel, the town, where I may shop a little, but mostly walk around the two or three streets behind the main shopping area...mixing with the locals, having lunch and watching MX entertainers in the Plaza del Sol (town square, so to speak).

Other times, I go to Chankanaab Park to snorkel and laze the day away, browsing at the a/c mall at the Puerto Maya Pier before re-boarding the ship.

On my Nov. cruise, I'm going to try Paradise Beach, but not for the entire time, just a coupla hours...and back to Chankanaab for snorkeling.

I'd love to rent a Jeep or VW and tour the island, but as a solo cruiser, I'm not comfortable with that idea. So many folks do this, and sounds like such a fun and different thing to do. I'm sure your friends will find lots to do!

We rented a car and blasted around the island, stopping to jump into the water at many of the secluded beaches at the southern tip. Stopped for lunch at a shack in Punta Sur with all this Bob Marley stuff all over and lay in hammocks drinking Sol while we waited for the best fajitas in the world. To me that was Mexico.

Scott.

We tried something new last time- an excursion through the ship--jeep excursion to Paradise Island- you go off roading for a while, then go to Paradise Is via a little ferry. Lunch and a welcome drink is waiting for you- You are on Paradise IS for about 2 hours- then back to the jeeps.

It was great!

Paradise beach is also nice.

We've always enjoyed getting a taxi and going to chen rio. It is so beautiful and relaxing and we've never had a problem with our taxi driver coming back at the designated time. Lot's of secluded beach to walk on and it's rarely ever too crowded. I think there is a two drink min and they are really good about watching your stuff while you snorkle (of course for a tip).

Later on we enjoy getting back on the ship to shower and eat dinner (early seating) and go back out to shop a bit. On the sensation we were there until late and they had a show on board by locals which was wonderful.

cheryl

My all time favorite tour, although it's not done by Carnival..you actually drive the dune buggies yourself through miles of volcanic rocks & sand...lots of beer too...a BEAUTIFUL tour. Here's the info:

http://www.travelnotes.cc/cozumel/tours/dunebuggy.php

I'm doing it again this time with my 12 year old son...(sans the many bottles of Corona I sucked down last time).

We usually rent a scooter from, carsmart@Cozumel.com ,and cruise the island. There are miles of beautiful deserted beaches all over the island.. There are little cantina's every 2-3 miles or so, so you can get some lunch and wet your whistle... We are going to try snorkeling at Paradise Beach next time, after reading Oceanfreaks post on another board... You can't get board in Cozumel :D :p :D . Bombero

I like to go on the high speed powerboat excursion. You get to drive a 2 person boat at high speed for half hour out to a beach, eat lunch, play volleyball in the water or set on the beach, then half hour speed boat back.

Its kind of like being on a buggie board with a steering wheel. :eek:

Some how I don't think my three year old would have been a good fit for C&C's. While I have a great time on any cruise I am on - I felt so bad having to send my mother home in Belize with kidney stones.

We will all meet up again and I will be there with you guys this time!!!!

Archived