That one Carnival Passenger everybody knows

kinggartk

We cruised in November and Santa Clause was on board! Well at least some one that looked like Santa. He had a long white beard and a jolly face, even had a full red suit that he wore on Formal Nights. I saw him at port one day and he had a Hawaiian Shirt with Santa Clauses in bathing suits. He was even in the hairiest chest contest, of course he won. Who wouldn't vote for Santa! Saw him again on the second to last day and my wife mentioned that the woman with him wasn't the same woman we saw him with earlier in the week! We walked the opposite way down the hall and turned the corner and saw Santa again. Can you believe it, there were two men that resembled Santa on our cruise that week, and we didn't realize it until almost the end!

I was going to post this same thing about Santa in Nov ... but mine experience with Santa was in Nov 06 on the Holiday. Our Santa also won the hairy chest contest (of which me and my aunt were judges ... dont knock it ... haha, it was fun - our cruise needed to liven up). Anyhow this Santa also carried around little tiny pocket toys and gave them to the youngsters on the ship ... and he even gave my aunt a $100 grand (you know the candy bar ... hahaha).

We've seen "Santa" a few times, though oddly never in Nov. or Dec.:confused: He's really nice and plays it up around kids. Our DS three at the time was CONVINCED he'd seen Santa, we even got a pic of him with "santa" on the ship.

I fondest memory is one where it was my son who was the one everyone knew. It was our second cruise in 1992. He entered in the hula hoop contest, was the only kid, he was 8, and the adults had all been drinking. He won the contest and everyone was roaring & high fiving him. I think everyone on the ship was at the contest because for the duration of the trip he was a celebrity, everyone seemed to know him. He really ate it up. ;)

When I was on my first cruise last August, I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed people watching. I would bring a book on deck, intending to sit back and read, but would only get past a few pages, before I put the book down and indulged in some serious people watching...:)

There was the guy that was some kind of acrobat or gymnast, and every AM when I came up to Lido to get a coffee and kick back, he would be working out and doing the most incredible balance excercises on the lip of the pool. He was a fun dose of "eye candy" in the AM (and pretty much the ONLY man I have ever seen that actually looked GOOD in a speedo!), and I enjoyed watching him very much, (I may be married, but I ain't dead...:rolleyes: lol!).

The lady that had the most adorable maltese dog that was a "service dog". I saw them all the time and the dog had more outfits than I did <sigh>. During sail away the dog had on a sailor suit, complete with a little sailor hat, and every time I saw her, she had a different outfit on. I really enjoyed talking to them and the dog was an absolute angel.

The people watching was truly an unexpected bonus with my first cruise, I spent hours just observing and relaxing on deck and enjoyed seeing how people like to have fun and relax.

I"m looking forward to many more fun hours of just kicking back and people watching on my next cruise. :)

During our September 06 sailing of the Elation (carribean sailing) there was an lady of advanced years who was at the pool tanning every waking moment there was sun out. The funny thing was the front half of her looked like old beef jerkey and the back half had a normal tan. Sun freckles and all. We called her the Leather Lady.

On one of our cruises, we had "robe guy", from embarkation day till debarkation day that guy had on that robe. He wore it to the pool, in the dinning room, to Karaoke, and we even saw him on a shore tour with it...he always had it on!!!!

I'm thinking he must have flown Northwest Airline and they probably lost his luggage.

Sometimes people come on CruiseCritic and ask about all the programs available on the cabin TV. I'm often tempted to give them a hard time about watching TV while they're on a cruise. But when it comes to checking out Speedoman's outfit of the day, the TV sounds like a much better choice. :D

Dan

It was like a car accident....You didn't want to look, but you couldn't look away!!! :eek:

On RCCL we named a guy "Loud Larry." Everynight he would be in the bar about happy hour all shnokered and would yell, "Somebody call me a cab."

Diane

I am hoping at which point somebody turned to him and said:

"You're a cab!"

:D

My favorites have been the pairs of older (late 60s if I had to guess) ladies I've seen on each cruise drinking their favorite drink all day while people watching or playing the slots. It wasn't the same pair on the three cruises I've taken though. Each pair had a different favorite drink, Brandy Alexander, White Russian, and rum and Coke. I never saw them order anything else. They were really enjoying themselves by just relaxing.

KINGGARTK, What a great idea for this thread....and you are so right, we all know of at least ONE person that everyone saw!;) The leather ladies seems to be a recurring theme...and yes, we had one on our cruise (but without the old boob job!:eek: )...that was my personal reminder to use sunscreen!

In addition to the double Santa's, I remembered this elderly black woman (prolly late 70's) who got up on the stage and jitterbugged at the Captain's party....she was AWESOME! I talked to her every time I saw her after that:)

Keep em coming folks...very entertaining!:D

On my Spirit cruise to Alaska last September, at the Captain's cocktail party, there was a little old man dancing with his wife on stage. If anyone has seen Benny Hill - he looked exactly like the old guy Benny would pat on the head.

This couple danced every dance and I remember thinking they were outdoing couples much younger. They were pretty good dancers. Then, at the past guest party, there they were again - same thing, dancing every dance.

AWWWW, what memories.

Last year on the Glory, there was a young man just out of boot camp, who wore speedos and a cowboy hat all day at the pool......really funny to watch.

This is who I was going to mention!!! Don't forget the cowboy boots!!! Cowboy hat, speedo + cowboy boots. We all just referred to him as Cowboy. What a cruise, navy officiers in their speedos and cowboy boots and then a jumper! What memories is right!

On our family cruise on the Paradise there was a group of college boys. They were always very loud and always had drink in there hands. Well, one of them was a big boy and very loud. He drove my oldest daughter nuts, because of his loud booming voice(and the fact that he was always carrying this very large mug filled with beer). When it was time for the hairy chest contest he was there. It was so funny. He was just so wild. Again, it drove my daughter NUTS. When we got home and we were going through the photo's taken on the ship, there he was in the back round in most of our photo's. I just had to laugh. He drove my daughter nuts and it was just so funny that now she will never for get him, because he is in most of our photo's. And yes every picture of him, he is holding that HUGE beer mug.

I bet that drove your daughter nuts didn't it ;) :p

On the Festivale in 1985 there was the body builder. He had a mullet and wore a speedo around the pool. On formal night he wore a white polyester suit (think John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever). He stood out everywhere.

On the Miracle there were these 2 guys, probably each around 20 years old that constantly went from one picture station to another throughout the whole cruise, having their pictures taken together. They must have had hundreds taken. Whenever we would go to the photo shop to look for our pictures, there were their pics, in every section. Lot's of people were talking about them. I heard one rumor that they were trying to become male models so they were having all the pictures taken for their portfolios. I would hate to be paying for their S&S bill with all those pics on it. could be they were just doing it for fun and didn't buy them tho.

On our recent Liberty cruise there were 2 gay guys traveling together. One of them was probably only in his early 20's and was always the center of attention. The other guy was a bit more reserved. At the welcome aboard party the younger guy was very drunk and sat in front and was constantly raising his hand whenever the CD asked a question. He was so drunk he kept falling out of his seat into the isle. At the late night comedy show he and his partner and a young woman who they had met on the cruise sat right in the front row. The comedian really had fun with them that night. The younger guy was also volunteering for all the pool games and was chosen for the survivor game. You couldn't miss them. They were everywhere. They sure seemed to be having a great time except for the one night I witnessed some sort of argument between them. I happened to be in a deck chair right next to them one afternoon by the pool and had a very nice chat with them. They were very nice guys. The one guy just really loved to be the center of attention.

years ago on the Elation, we had a woman that we called "Rascal". She rode around in one of those motorized scooters due to her imobilty because of her humongous size, like something i have never seen before.She was in line in front of us getting on the ship,and to top it off the next dinner table over.The scary part was when my sis ran into her when she was going up to the spa area to take a hot tub.My sis thinks she tried to bath in there!!!

According to the other boards, everyone knows that Carnival passenger that had a miserable time.

You know, the one who found the ship full of drunks, out of control children, rude crew members etc.

The one passenger they always use as a reason to never try Carnival. :rolleyes:

You got that right, check out the review on the Freedom rated with one fish. no cruise could be that bad.

You got that right, check out the review on the Freedom rated with one fish. no cruise could be that bad.

Yikes! Yup, that sounds like a person who is never happy.

Reminds me of a review I read about the Legend...very negative and indicated that the CCL passengers were low class. Imagine my surprise when I realized it was a woman from our own roll call who was on our cruise!!! The whole roll call was up in arms! (She never even came to the meet & greet we had...as if she had already decided we were probably not up to her standards). Funny thing was, though, that when she sent a pic of her and her DH to me, DH was in a Harley tank top! Still scratching my head over that one!:p

on one of our Celebration cruises, my DW was relaxing out by the Lido Pool with a good book, an adult beverage, and was enjoying "people watching" ...

she was wearing a Cruise Critic T-shirt, minding her own business, when a lady came up to her, looked at her shirt and just started lambasting her with complaints about the cruise, food was too cold, temperature in the dining room was too cold, it was salt water in the pool, too many kids onboard... On and on... My wife could not get a word in edgewise... she finally told the lady that she would make sure the Capt. heard about her complaints and was sure that Carnival would reimburse her for her cruise(or something to that effect)...we saw the same lady a day or two later, looked like she was having a ball!!! wish I would have been there to see the look on the ladies face when she found out she wasn't getting a refund....

When I put on the Jamaican outfit that I bought in Montego Bay and went up on the Lido deck for the sail off, I felt like one of "those people". LOL I don't know what I was thinking, but man did I feel dumb!

I'm just hoping now that one day I will have a Jamaican themed party to go to, THEN it will be cool. LOL

Archived