That one Carnival Passenger everybody knows

kinggartk

On every cruise, there always seems to be this one passenger that stands out from all of the other passengers on the ship. Regardless of who you talk to on that cruise, everyone seems to know who it is.

On my Cruise (Inspiration 2/2005) it was "Gary Busey"...Not really Gary Busey, but that is what we called him. He kind of looked like Gary Busey. Everyone on the ship referred to him as "Gary Busey".

He was a late 40 something guy...always had a drink in his hand and a couple of 20 something hotties hanging around him (Different girls each time you see him), and his Frumpy wife always tagging along watching his shenanigans with an emabarssed look on her face. He was always heckling the CD, or Social Host, or Comedian, or whomever was talking at the moment.

He was very loud, Always Drunk, Always flirting with the girls young enough to be his daughter (He couldn't keep his hands off of them), Always butting in lines. He always thought he was the life of the party.

Our table mates were on an excursion along with him and his frumpy wife and many other Carnival passengers. They got their fill of him that day. He had a water proof camera and was taking pictures of young girls at the beach under the water (He also did this at the ship's pool). He said he was going to post these pics on the internet. He was showing these digusting pics to our table mates and bragging that the girls had no idea he was doing this.

He wore blue jeans, cowboy boots, Huge Belt Buckle & Cowboy hat to Formal night.

He was Drunk from the moment he embarked until we saw him for the last time. When we left the ship, we thought we had seen the last of him...not so...We saw him at the Airport, again with his frumpy wife in tow, and a couple of still different young girls hanging out with him.

This guy was un believable.

Tell us the story of your memorable passenger.

We had the same guy on our cruise and we called him BINGO! At the life boat drill he kept yelling BINGO whenever the alert went off. They were a nice couple, but they matched the OP description perfectly.

Gecko7:cool:

Memorable Person 1

A group of us sailed on the Valor, July 07. The memorable one was in our group. "Speedo" as he was affectionately name by the group and others. He was in a Speedo, two hours after we boarded. He was surrounded by the ladies, the entire cruise. I need him in one of the contests we entered (bring something in a Speedo). Packing for him was very light.

Memorable Person 2

During my group cruise on the Destiny August 2003, Malcolm in the Middle and his assistant had a limbo line going the first night. Unfortunately, he had no stick. He and his assistant were holding hands and people were going under. A smart lady decided to tie a bunch of napkins together for them to use as a limbo pole. She was nicknamed "McGyver" for the rest of the cruise. I loved being recognized the entire cruise :D .

The girl with the big fake boobs that was getting all the older men to buy her drinks by the pool everyday. It was so funny watching these men in there 50’s buying her drinks because she was acting interested in them. By day three we all were sitting around wondering who the next victim would be. She pulled it off every day.

You can get that specific photo and a million other odd ones at

www.photobucket.com

Thong.jpg

not sure if this will show up, so if not....go to....

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e328/Mangler465/Thong.jpg

I really like that the thong idea is a recent choice since the bottom half isn't tanned yet.

• 2 weeks later...

On the Mariner last year a young lady in her early twenties brought her "date" on board with her. He was a mountain dew man, a bunch of mt dew 12 packs taped together. They went everywhere on the cruise. Not sure why she had him but we saw them everywhere.

I was on the Valor in Nov 2007, and there was this lady on board. If I had to guess, she was in her mid 50's. She was about 6'6" with wrinkled dark bronze skin and long blonde hair. She almost had a muscular type build with very broad shoulders. Her face was...well...manly. She was always on the Lido deck wearing this shiny gold bikini and dark sunglasses. On day two and after of the cruise, it seemed as though all the small talk was "did you see that tall lady"? I think I might have a pic somewhere. Weird.

That tall "lady" sounds like there may have been blue birth announcements sent out at the time of his (her) birth....:0

On the cruise that I just got back from there was a group of 3 girls traveling together who constantly loudly talked about how their parents had given them this cruise as a present and how they were having a horrible time. Everytime we saw them they were either in their bikinis or some low cut top and short skirt or shorts trying to gain male passengers or crew members attention. I some how got to get off the ship at every port with them, the would grab the most attractive male crew member and ask him where they could get drunk. I was traveling with a group of 20 people and these girls were the source of amusement. I just wished these girls would have been a bit more greatful to their parents, I'm slightly older than them and if my parents had sent me on a cruise with my friends I would've been thrilled! Oh well, I hope when they got back they realized how much fun they really had!

thanks to all that posted. We will be taking our very first cruise 6/1/08 on the Victory. Now I am more excited and anxious than ever. I love to people watch and I'm so thankful we are all different it makes life fun! I have had many laughs as I read these posts and the pictures :D maybe those people are senile and still think they are young and 'sexy';) Happy cruisin'

My first thought on seeing those photos was - I guess that old saying about how you an never be too rich or too thin were wrong!:eek: I don't know about the "rich" part, but the "thin" part got owned!

that person was our four year old son!

He had been called up on stage as a volunteer for the magician along with two others kids who were about 10 years old. While they were standing up there, the magician did an illusion trick of putting a sword through one of the other children's neck. As soon as it happened, my son burst in to tears on the stage and the crowd was so concerned for him! When I realized what the trick was I was unsure of how he would respond, but by that time he was already standing front and center on stage. I ended up having to go on stage and get him (still sobbing), while the crowd was cheering for him.

For the rest of the trip, everywhere we went on the ship people would say "Look it's Matthew!" then they would ask him if he was okay, or for him to give them five or take a pic with them. Two people actually asked for his autograph ~ it was very funny. My little guy didn't know what to make of all the attention.

We were certain he would never agree to do anything like that again, but the very next morning he was called up on stage to help with bingo and he did it without hesitation.

A couple of years ago, we cruise from New Orleans and there was a large family onboard for a wedding. The one older guy (we assumed the father of the groom) was VERY large & VERY hairy...one of those guys who with such a light complexion that he looked like he was wearing a rug on his chest/back and arms. HE WORE A TANK TOP THE ENTIRE CRUISE! I kid you not, we NEVER saw him wear anything other than a tank top.

I believe he did all his eating in the buffett or burger/pizza pool area...but we all wondered about the wedding...did he REALLY have a shirt to wear to that, or did he get a formal tank top??? It was one of those "got married in the middle of the cruise" types of weddings. This family camped out a one particular hottub the entire cruise, and the one afternoon they were not there, someone said was the actual wedding afternoon.

Even getting of the ship, we saw him...and again waiting to catch a flight at the airport...both with his tank top!

On Jubillee Sept '01 it was "Naked Girl" and her friends. NG was early 20's I'm guessing, blonde and attractive (although not as attractive as she obviously thought she was) traveling with a group of 5 or 6 others her age including a guy who was a "little person" (is that the current acceptable term??). They were constantly drunk, loud and obnoxious. My DW and I had booked the "Passion Island" excursion in Cozumel and, you guessed it, NG and her party were there. Thier only concern seemed to be whether or not they could get naked on the beach. Keep in mind, there are children on the excursion. The staff directed them to a spot WAY down the beach, and they went and shucked thier clothes. I have no problem with that, to each his own. What I DID object to whs the vulgar language they constantly used, regardless of the small children present. I'm a Navy Vet, I'm not offended by foul language, I've heard it all. But I was a little upset at the constant stream of F this and MF that that we, and the small children, were subjected to on the boat ride back from Passion Island.

Anyway, everyone on the ship knew who "Naked Girl" was.

On the Holiday in June 07 it was "Roscoe", not his real name, but that's how I think of him because he sounded a lot like "Roscoe P. Coltrain" from the "Dukes of Hazard" TV series. Roscoe was a VERY large gentleman from Eastern Kentucky, a real Hillbilly (No flames here, I'm pretty portly myself and I was born and raised in the Bluegrass State). He was at every show and event, he was loud, obnoxious, lots of high pitched "YeeeHaaaa" and crass and dumb comments for EVERYTHING. You could see most other passengers roll thier eyes every time he would pipe up. He was, however, obviously having the time of his life.

Neither of these individuals spoiled our overall enjoyment, in fact, in a strange way thet contributed to it. We still get laughs recalling thier antics!

Ours was a family that nearly missed getting back on the ship in Cozumel. I was talking to her and her sister unbeknownst to me on a shore excursion and mentioned how funny it was that the family had bowed before embarking the ship. She and her sister started laughing and said it was them and were talking about how many people mentioned it. So naturally everyone knew their names because they called them twice over the PA system before they finally got back on the ship in Coz. The sister also "volunteered" her dad to go on stage during one of shows on our first night. They were a riot!:D

On Jubillee Sept '01 it was "Naked Girl" and her friends. NG was early 20's I'm guessing, blonde and attractive (although not as attractive as she obviously thought she was) traveling with a group of 5 or 6 others her age including a guy who was a "little person" (is that the current acceptable term??). They were constantly drunk, loud and obnoxious. My DW and I had booked the "Passion Island" excursion in Cozumel and, you guessed it, NG and her party were there. Thier only concern seemed to be whether or not they could get naked on the beach. Keep in mind, there are children on the excursion. The staff directed them to a spot WAY down the beach, and they went and shucked thier clothes.

What my DH failed to mention here was when we first saw these folks--stark naked--on the topless deck. She put her bottoms on when her "little person" male friend walks up, pulls her bottom down in the front, sniffs her hair and asked her what kind of shampoo she was using!!! And her friend had had some sort of breast surgery w/ scars out to the side of each breast. She looked so bizarre, you couldn't help but stare, trying to figure out exactly WHAT was wrong with her, sort of like the train wreak you try not to stare at, but do anyway. I'd hate to think she paid good money to willingly look like that.

And yes, they did go down the beach to the more secluded section where the Mexican workers at the island followed them, panting and gaping. I expected to see their tongues hang out.

And on our last cruise, there was "glitter women." She had glitter on herself from toes to hair. And she was always covered in glitter every time we saw her--morning, noon, and night. If she'd rolled herself in glue and rolled around in it, she couldn't have had more on. I know they make lotions and whatnot that sparkle, but this wasn't even close. She was VERY shiny.

On Glory a few years ago we saw an older man - at least 60, I'd say - waiting in line for the water slide...proudly wearing a zebra print speedo under his pot belly, sporting a seasickness patch behind his ear, and standing there with the goofiest grin on his face, one I can't even begin to describe. And of course, as is the rule with cruise travel, we proceeded to see him all over the ship, always with that 'I don't give a damn what other people think of me' pride to his otherwise laughable appearance, always with that goofy grin. When we got home and developed our pictures, we even found a shot with him in the background, walking up the gangplank with his partner in Costa Maya...wearing overalls without a shirt underneath.

Archived