The Big Hole in the Floor

warmwinds

But seriously, we are thrilled they filled it in. One of the big reasons we cruise is meeting new people. And we love to sit and socialize in the Martini Bar before dinner. When the hole was there about half the time we found ourselves having to yell to be heard by the person sitting next to us.

Which brings us to a discussion of why X seems to have more and more music playing on their ships. When we were did 11 days in the Med on Century last fall we found the music in the Cova, in the buffet and just about everywhere else to be totally overpowering. And it seemed to get louder the longer the week went on. I have a hard enough time hearing people in a crowded environment without having music on top of it.

Fill in the holes!

.... I have a hard enough time hearing people in a crowded environment without having music on top of it. ...

What was that you said?

I agree. There were times we've enjoyed the hole and times we haven't. But overall, I'll pick conversation over music for the Martini Bar and I'm definitely one of those people that has issues hearing conversation in a noisy area. So it would be nice to have a Martini Bar without overpowering music along with the opportunity to go to another lounge when music and entertainment is what we're after.

I definitely agree that conversation is very difficult in the martini/champagne bars with the hole in the floor. I had heard they were going to fill all of them in and am disappointed to hear that they haven't.

Garry

Maybe Celebrity could just do a better job with scheduling the music played in the Rendevous. That way the hole could stay for the great look it provides, but it wouldn't be a hinderance for those wanting to sit in the Maritini Bar, prior to dinner, visiting.

Maybe Celebrity could just do a better job with scheduling the music played in the Rendevous. That way the hole could stay for the great look it provides, but it wouldn't be a hinderance for those wanting to sit in the Maritini Bar, prior to dinner, visiting.

Being fair to the other side... I think the problem is that there is probably nearly as many people who'd like to dance or enjoy the music with their before dinner drink down in the Rendevous as there are people who'd like to have a conversation with cruise friends over a martini. But it would be nice if they could tone the volume down a little at the before dinner times.

Being fair to the other side... I think the problem is that there is probably nearly as many people who'd like to dance or enjoy the music with their before dinner drink down in the Rendevous as there are people who'd like to have a conversation with cruise friends over a martini. But it would be nice if they could tone the volume down a little at the before dinner times.

By filling the hole, some people can go down one deck and dance (or watch dancing) while others can go up one deck and socialize without having to shout to be heard. That way everyone gets what they want.

And most may not realize that you can order a martini in the Rendezvous so no one misses out on their favorite libation.

Entirely too reasonable! ;)

Actually, with the hole filled in, there's room for a piano soloist who adds the right amount of music that is still conducive to converstation. And more seats in the Martini bar, too. That was the only prob. we had with Century...not enough space in the Martini bar.

Long live the filled in holes!

Andrew

Entirely too reasonable! ;)

Actually, with the hole filled in, there's room for a piano soloist who adds the right amount of music that is still conducive to converstation. And more seats in the Martini bar, too. That was the only prob. we had with Century...not enough space in the Martini bar.

Long live the filled in holes!

Andrew

Andrew, instead of the piano in the middle of that filled-in area, it's now placed at the end, along with room for other muscians. On our cruise there was a fabulous jazz quartet. Really top rate! We loved listening to them.

We sailed on the Infinity on May 30 and do remember a very good Jazz trio creating a very nice atmosphere. We could easily hear each others conversation. Eliseo brought us our Martinis. We wish were were back there now!

Archived