The Big Hole in the Floor

warmwinds

I know some of the "M" class ships have filled in the big hole that connected the Martini bar area with the Rendezvous Lounge below - does anyone know which ships are filled in and which ships still have the overlook?

I think infinity is the only one but I really don't know why. I also enjoyed hearing the band play from below.:rolleyes:

Glad to hear that Infinity's hole has been swallowed up. I'd like to see it on the others ships too. I found the noise of Karaoke held in Rendezvous Square to be intrusive in the Martini Bar.

Phil

I hope they fill the hole on the Connie soon! I don't want anything to interfere with my martinis!:D

I would hate it if they closed them allin. I love sitting up there listening to the music from below. Karoake is only a night here and there. One of my favorite cruise memories is Jeff Hughes persuading the DH to dance with me in the MB while the orchestra played down below. (If anyone sees Jeff on a future cruise tell him Patty says "Thanks, again, Jeff".)

I think infinity is the only one but I really don't know why.

It's because of the Martini Mates. They sail Infinity so frequently they had to enlarge the Martini Bar! I wonder if they requested Celebrity to do it?

LOL!

Cheers!

Bonnie

Glad to hear that Infinity's hole has been swallowed up. I'd like to see it on the others ships too. I found the noise of Karaoke held in Rendezvous Square to be intrusive in the Martini Bar.

Phil

Phil, then you wouldn't be able to hear my awesome version of Queen's Bohemian Rapsody!!!:p

Phil, then you wouldn't be able to hear my awesome version of Queen's Bohemian Rapsody!!!:p

OK, look Suzanne. If you can veto all renditions of "I Will Always Love You" and "Lady in Red" then they can keep the hole in the floor. If all else fails I'll just have to make sure the Martinis are more distracting than Karaoke;)

Phil

• 3 months later...

I know this question came up a couple months ago, but I was cruising the boards and had to add my two cents in. I really liked the hole by the martini bar on the Connie in February. Hubby and I and my sister were sipping our martinis and listening to the music down below, they had a pretty good band, even got up and danced a few times with DH.

We were on Infinity 6/6, and yes the hole has been filled in. It was great not to hear the very loud music or bad kareoke from the Rendezvous below. Instead they had a wonderful jazz quartet playing. They were fantastic.

My guess is it was tested on Infinity. If you noticed, they also added some inside cabins mid ship. Who knows if it will reach the rest of the fleet.

Of course I'm trying to be funny, but that would be an interesting concept to fill in that hole with a cabin!!!:D

Karaoke is fun, but I know not everyone's singing is good for everyone else's ears!!!

It's because of the Martini Mates. They sail Infinity so frequently they had to enlarge the Martini Bar! I wonder if they requested Celebrity to do it?

LOL!

It's true. As an original member of the Martini Mates I can tell you that we have spent so much money in the Infinity Martini Bar that one day the captain stopped by and asked what he could do to make our martini drinking even better. When we asked if Sudi could move to Infinity to join Eliseo he told us that was TOO much to ask.:eek:

So he asked us if we had another wish. We said that it sometimes gets so loud from the Karaoke and band downstairs we couldn't get Eliseo's attention to order more martinis. When he heard that he almost ran to the chief engineer and within about 10 minutes, the hole was covered. Didn't look real good but after the next dry dock it was all polished up and ready to go.

We loved it and can't wait to get back to our favorite bar again this August. I just hope there are no holes in the Martini Bar on Solstice.

Ha Ha I wonder if they would have a round bed :rolleyes:

I have fond memories of the "purple room" that we passed on our way to dinner. Didn't realize it was the famous Martini Bar until the end of the cruise. Since Hubby and I do not drink we just admired the room and loved to listen to the quartet. They seemed so cramped in the area they played, on the Mille, that it will be nice to see and hear them again in a more formal setting, without the hole, hopefully with more space.

We said that it sometimes gets so loud from the Karaoke and band downstairs we couldn't get Eliseo's attention to order more martinis.

Jim ... Actually, I heard that it was the "Carnival-like rowdiness" of the Martini Mates that prompted the request from the patrons in the Rendezvous Lounge to have the hole in the ceiling filled in.;)

Lyle

The hole was still in the Millie as of a week ago, thank God! I think it's great to be able to watch everyone from above. And, the purple lights were elegant! I'm disappointed that they filled in Infinity's. It added depth to the area. Maybe I can get a petition going to open it back up before I'm on her again in April of 2010..........hmmm! :D

Archived