Coastal Renaissance.

Thanks for thinking of me. Evidently no envelope yet...so yes please keep me abreast.

Let's see, I drank my coffee from the Canuck mug, put my Canuck flag up and wore my Canuck cap....so that's my ritual....GO CANUCKS GO...hope the game keeps me awake, we are an hour later here.

Oh dear :( Tonight's local news carries as its lead story the sorry tale that "thousands" of Liberal party members may be disenfranchised in tomorrow's vote because their PIN hasn't arrived in the mail. There is, of course, no mail delivery tomorrow.

Despite this glitch, party officials have turned aside a request to postpone the vote, which they said will take place tomorrow as scheduled.

The president of a Nova Scotia-based firm called Intelivote, hired by both the Liberals and NDP to run the mechanics of the leadership elections, denied he'd sent the PIN letters by cruise ship through the Panama Canal :)

I am one of those "disenfranchised" my letter did not show up in Sechelt I and phoned today. I guessed it was a call centre when the person I was speaking to did not know how to spell Sechelt. However they did promise to call me back here in AZ.....stay tuned.;)

If you are having troubles tomorrow PD - all of the various candidates have action lines as well - so whoever you decide to support call there action line - they may be able to help speed things up - an additional 12 lines were put into service today and I know from attending a function with Abbott`s people this evening that all of the candidates are concerned about the problems with this voting procedure.

I will head down to a Yaletown coffee shop tomorrow where my MLA is having a little meet and greet and will have computers and phones for all of us to use.

Hope everything works out okay tomorrow.

Cheers

Dennis

Haven't heard from the Nova Scotia call centre....they couldn't even locate me....but took my number and said someone would get back to me.

About an hour ago I phone BCL headquarters and spoke to an Ed...he didn't have PIN either but at least he could find me on the roll. So he said he would try to perform some magic and get back to me before 10 MST...stay tuned.

Left Coast - the candidates did indeed spend time discussing ferry fares and Scott should realize that this particular thread has been used by some of us locals to keep in touch - we discuss hockey - not a cruising topic - we discuss the local weather - not totally a cruising matter - his dislike of the current government has been mentioned on more than one occasion - not really a cruising matter - so as we cruise towards the other party`s leadership vote in a couple of months he is more than welcomed to comment of that chain of events. We pass on tips about new restaurants - not totally a cruise matter.

Discussing whether the ferries were built in Germany or BC isn`t really a cruise matter but we are reminded of that periodically.

PD - hopefully you get you PIN so you can vote and then cruise over to the golf course - I am cruising out the door in a few minutes and cruising down to a coffee shop to meet a few others and exercise our right and vote. Then I am going to cruise home and wait for the snow to start falling.

Cheers

Dennis

Thanks for all the help guys. Just phoned BCL headquarters again, spoke with the same gentleman that I spoke to last night, he said they were still having some problems and I may still get a call...so to ignore it. He gave me a new PIN number and I have now voted online.

Whoever wins will remind me of that song "When I was a Lad" from HMS Pinafore about doing everything non-nautical and ending up being ruler of the Queen's Navy.:D

Left Coast - the candidates did indeed spend time discussing ferry fares and Scott should realize that this particular thread has been used by some of us locals to keep in touch

You've hit the nail on the head. This isn't a private discussion board for a few people.

Or some banter from earlier in this thread :)

It means that it will be 40+ years; since an elected leader was defeated in an election. Every other election loser since 1975 and Dave Barrett, was a mid-term replacement.

People don't vote out governments based on policy in BC, it's entirely based on when the leader gets too arrogant for the people to stomach.

A point well made

Just got a phone call from the BCL in response to my call last night, they were offering me a PIN. For a half a second I was tempted to take it and try voting again....but explained to them what had happened and declined it. Wonder how much of this is hapening....but it is probably not enough to sway the election.

This company has done this type of voting many times in the past and WILL be used by the NDP for their convention as well - although they will only have about one third as many ballots to mail out.

The final outcome will be announced at 6:30PM - if there is more than one count updates will be provided at 6:10 and 6:20.

Starting to snow downtown - then it off to lunch - need to spend some time looking at excursions and finding hotel rooms in Tampa and Orlando - hoping to hear from the Census people early next week about the job so that I can plan the next month.

Cheers

Dennis

DW and I just finished watching the Global noon news...very very interesting...will be glued to the TV at 6 then on to the hockey game. California is sending us their nasty weather...the temp has been stuck at 60 since 10 am , the sky is grey and there is a threat of rain...everyone is huddled indoors waiting for it to rain:D I even withdrew from a golf tournament because of it....wimp.

Archived