All Things Freedom of the Seas!

Has anyone stayed at the Radisson at the port? We'll be on the Freedom in September/October and it looks like Radisson is the closest

We stayed at the Radisson in Dec. 2005 and it was fine. But in December 2008, we stayed at the Country Inn and Suites which is a little bit closer to the port - maybe 2 minutes closer if you don't have to stop at the traffic light. There is also a Residence Inn that is right next to the Country Inn and Suites as well.

We stayed at the Radisson in Dec. 2005 and it was fine. But in December 2008, we stayed at the Country Inn and Suites which is a little bit closer to the port - maybe 2 minutes closer if you don't have to stop at the traffic light. There is also a Residence Inn that is right next to the Country Inn and Suites as well.

From my research, the top three Cape Canaveral pre-cruise hotels are the three mentioned above. I've checked prices for our upcoming Freedom sailing and the Radisson is significantly cheaper than the other two (much to my surprise). I can't recall off hand the exact difference -- I think we reserved our Radisson rooms at around $107 with AAA discounts and the cheapest at Country Inn & Suites was something like $160!!! I thought that was nuts for that hotel chain.

to respond to many comments and questions, all three previous hotels are close to the port, they're all within walking distance of each other, so as far as distance it doesn't really matter. The suites are probably a little nicer, the radisson have the numbers beds and offers free parking, breakfast for 2 and transportation to the port.

As far as launches, don't get too excited if there's a launch scheduled weeks or months down the road when you're sailing, the dates change often.

As far as boarding early, we'll see how PC handles the larger ship. Until the last few Mariner cruises we took, it used to take up to 45 minutes to disembark when your color is called, it was much better this past year we were off in about 15 minutes.

We'll be sailing on the Freedom in January and will need a hotel near the port. I'm considering a hotel that offers free parking and shuttle service; however, I'm concerned about the time factor once we get off the ship. Do you have to wait long to get the shuttle back to your car after the cruise? I would love to hear your experience with this. We will be driving back home after the cruise and I do not want to waste hours getting my car. It would be great to save the $105 in parking fees, but I'll pay them if it's more convenient. THANKS!!

I don't kow about post cruise, but i know that they pick you up at the hotel between 10a.m. and 11 a.m. pre-cruise. If the pick up time is too late for you, it's around 3 miles between the port and the radisson, so you could grab a taxi at the port.

We'll be sailing on the Freedom in January and will need a hotel near the port. I'm considering a hotel that offers free parking and shuttle service; however, I'm concerned about the time factor once we get off the ship. Do you have to wait long to get the shuttle back to your car after the cruise? I would love to hear your experience with this. We will be driving back home after the cruise and I do not want to waste hours getting my car. It would be great to save the $105 in parking fees, but I'll pay them if it's more convenient. THANKS!!

We parked at the Country Inn and Suites in Dec. 2008. We were given a phone number to call when we got back, and they had the shuttle there within 10 minutes of us calling (they were picking someone else up at another cruise line, so they swung by and got us and some other passengers). It was easy since we had a cell phone to use to call since they were not there waiting. In Dec. 2005, we were at the Radisson and it just happened that the shuttle was there waiting for us when we returned to Port. Both times we were back to the hotel and at our cars by 8:15 a.m. (we were sailing Disney and disembarkation started about 7:30 - we didn't rush off the ship either time - it was closer to 8 a.m. when we got off the ship).

We are also booked on the Freedom for 1-3-2010! We will be using the Radisson again. The shuttle was great, they help with baggage and after the cruise drop you off at your car. The price is great and the hotel beautiful! You park by your room until you are ready to leave for the cruise then you park in a designated area with security! As soon as you check in to the hotel sign up for a shuttle time!

Glad I found this thread! We may be going on the FOS and I wanted to read up on her! I've only heard great things! Need losts of information:

Hotel, which airport to go to, etc. I'm a super planner so I'll probably start fromt he beginning and hope I find lots of information! Hee Hee :O)

Does anyone know where I can find recent Cruise Compasses for the FOS eastern itinerary?

Hi -

Just off the 2/8 Eastern sailing. I do not have a scanner, but i can relay any info from the compasses for you. Ask away! :D

Hi -

Just off the 2/8 Eastern sailing. I do not have a scanner, but i can relay any info from the compasses for you. Ask away!

I asked on your other post (promenade cafe food, ice show tickets). Thanks!

I just like to look at the compasses and dream :D!! Only a few more weeks for me.

Edited by T&Tmom

Third time's a charm...apparently.

I sailed Freedom in Nov '06, May '07 and May '08

Didn't try the Flowrider until my May '08 cruise. Sorry I waited!!!!!! It was soooo much fun. :D Can't wait to do it again! This reminds me, I need to book another cruise on Freedom :D

Me catching a wave

Flowrider-barbFV08-1.jpg

Me showing off my "Hang 10" Notice the onlooker's and Flowrider coach's approval!! :D

Barb-Flowrider-hang10.jpg