All Things Freedom of the Seas!

Regarding the teen activities...

I understand they are grouped ages 12-14 and 15-17.

My 14yo son will be 2 weeks shy of 15 when we sail. He is very much of an old soul and would fit in much better with the 15-17 yr olds. Is there any flexibility with these suggested age ranges? Or is RCI strict about them?

Alternately, is there any time where the teens hang out in the teen-specified areas where they are not divided into groups? Basically unstructured time?

were new to cruising and were nervous about our 1120 flight from MCO do you think we would have enough time to leave the ship return our rental and catch our flight or will it be a long shot? thank you in advance!! :)

we were in line to get off the ship at about 8:45 am and i was home in bed by noon...in Tampa. so you will have plenty of time to catch that flight. of course assuming nothing goes wrong, missing luggage, etc.

Whew...made it thru the last year's worth of post's...LOT'S of Great infor on FOS...

I am looking for any information on cabin 8362 which I will be enjoying in Dec...:D This is my 1st cruise on Freedom...I've been on Sovereign, Majesty, Monarch, Enchantment, Adventure, Mariner, Serenade & Jewel so am excited to check out a new class of ship...

Heading out on FOS in September on a Western Itinerary.

Anyone have any menus for MDR?

How about which nights are formal nights?

Thanks in Advance for the info!! :)

~Steph

Just off WEstern - formal nights are the first sea day - Captains Gala (so second day, Monday) and Cozumel night (sixth night, right before last sea day).

Anxiously awaiting my trip on Freedom in 27 days!!!! I have heard nothing but amazing things about this ship and can't wait to experience it myself!

We have a promenade stateroom and we are excited about that...it's what we had on AOS and we like it alot.

I'm also excited because it's the first time we will have extra time pre and post cruise to enjoy ourselves in Florida!

Anxiously awaiting my trip on Freedom in 27 days!!!! I have heard nothing but amazing things about this ship and can't wait to experience it myself!

We have a promenade stateroom and we are excited about that...it's what we had on AOS and we like it alot.

I'm also excited because it's the first time we will have extra time pre and post cruise to enjoy ourselves in Florida!

Enjoy! Freedom is my absolute favorite ship. We love love love her! I hope to sail on her again after we try Oasis and Allure in the next year.

Just returned from the Freedom and we had the time of our lives. She is a beauty. We always book a Promenade stateroom, when available. We find the sixth deck, mid ship, overlooking Vintage is perfect for viewing the parades, parties and the sales featured on the promenade. Enjoy your cruise, we did.

Just returned from the Freedom and we had the time of our lives. She is a beauty. We always book a Promenade stateroom, when available. We find the sixth deck, mid ship, overlooking Vintage is perfect for viewing the parades, parties and the sales featured on the promenade. Enjoy your cruise, we did.

Could you tell me which staterooms (more or less numbers) overlook Vintage? I have a hard time figuring that out from the deck plans. Thanks :)

Yay! We are on deck 6 for sure....room 6287. Not sure what that overlooks though. I've tried asking about this stateroom on a different thread but got not response.

Thank you for the info! :)

Yay! We are on deck 6 for sure....room 6287. Not sure what that overlooks though. I've tried asking about this stateroom on a different thread but got not response.

Thank you for the info! :)

Check the deck plans on the RCI website. See where your cabin is and then look at the same location on the deck 5 plan.

• 3 weeks later...

Our family is on the Freedom (Western Caribbean itinerary) in July and my daughter is wondering if you can use a child's booster seat in transportation vehicles used in ship sponsored tours? Are buses or minivans used? Are there seat belts in cabs?

I have already posted on the family board; awaiting answers.

Any help that can provided would be appreciated.

this is a huge thread!!! Am thinking about Freedom for August with 2 of my teenage boys... We have done Allure and Oasis and they claim they will only now sail on a ship with a FlowRider :-) geeeeeez!

Anyway, Freedom looks awesome. Can anyone tell me if they have the Park Cafe (roast beef sandwiches) and is the Solarium similar to those on Oasis Class?? If we go we will grab a cabin cheap and deep and very last minute -- so last question is has anyone who has been on Deck 2 heard lots of noise with the engins/anchors/etc??

Many thanks!

this is a huge thread!!! Am thinking about Freedom for August with 2 of my teenage boys... We have done Allure and Oasis and they claim they will only now sail on a ship with a FlowRider :-) geeeeeez!

Anyway, Freedom looks awesome. Can anyone tell me if they have the Park Cafe (roast beef sandwiches) and is the Solarium similar to those on Oasis Class?? If we go we will grab a cabin cheap and deep and very last minute -- so last question is has anyone who has been on Deck 2 heard lots of noise with the engins/anchors/etc??

Many thanks!

There is no Park Cafe on Freedom. Royal had announced some time ago that their intention was to have the roast beef sandwiches available fleet wide, whether a ship had Park Cafe or not, but I don't think that has happened to Freedom yet.

On a recent review from someone...they stated that they got to try one of the infamous roast beef sandwiches during the "Freedom Festival"....not sure if this is the case or not. We leave on Freedom this Sunday and I will certainly be on the lookout!

I'm so beyond excited at this point....I just want to fast forward through the rest of this week.......ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Edited by Luv06012012

On a recent review from someone...they stated that they got to try one of the infamous roast beef sandwiches during the "Freedom Festival"....not sure if this is the case or not. We leave on Freedom this Sunday and I will certainly be on the lookout!

I'm so beyond excited at this point....I just want to fast forward through the rest of this week.......ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

have a great cruise!!!! please report back on the sandwiches,,,,drool drool...

Heading out on Freedom in September and I am SO hoping that they have the infamous RB sandwiches somewhere.. I ate them on the Allure several days and I think of them often. They are by far a yummy sandwich!!!

Please report back any Freedom goers before Sept. so I know where to get them IF they do in fact have them!! :D

~Steph

Royal had announced some time ago that their intention was to have the roast beef sandwiches available fleet wide, whether a ship had Park Cafe or not, but I don't think that has happened to Freedom yet.

The Kummelweck roast beef sandwiches were available at a special station in the Windjammer one day on my October cruise on Freedom of the Seas. I don't know if that was a one time test thing or if they are doing it more frequently now.

The Kummelweck roast beef sandwiches were available at a special station in the Windjammer one day on my October cruise on Freedom of the Seas. I don't know if that was a one time test thing or if they are doing it more frequently now.

Sounds like what Monarch used to do. They were available one day on the pool deck for about an hour, right after muster.

Heading out on Freedom in September and I am SO hoping that they have the infamous RB sandwiches somewhere.. I ate them on the Allure several days and I think of them often. They are by far a yummy sandwich!!!

Please report back any Freedom goers before Sept. so I know where to get them IF they do in fact have them!! :D

~Steph

They were one of favorite things on the Oasis....I am so excited to hear this maybe an option on Freedom!! Can't wait to hear if it is true or not!!!

We sailed on Freedom last month and had late dining seating. We are rebooked for next April and thinking about My Time Dining. Do you have the same server if you do this? The main reason we choose traditional dining is that we love to get to know our servers. If we do My Time and get a different server each time, it's no different than eating out in town...... kwim?

We sailed on Freedom last month and had late dining seating. We are rebooked for next April and thinking about My Time Dining. Do you have the same server if you do this? The main reason we choose traditional dining is that we love to get to know our servers. If we do My Time and get a different server each time, it's no different than eating out in town...... kwim?

You can request the same server for MTD, and they will do their best to make it work, but it's not guaranteed. It's easier to get the same server in MTD if you book a standing reservation.