All Things Freedom of the Seas!

does anyone knows who the entertainer for jan 15 2012???do u have to pay for hambugers or onion rings at johnny rockets??

It's $4.95 for a cover charge and after that it is all you can eat. Yes, you can eat as many hamburgers and onion rings as you like. However, there's always the extra things that costs $$ like the milkshakes, sodas, etc. but as far as food goes, it's all you can eat! Enjoy! :D

Booking Family Ocean View 8500....any reviews?

We were in 8200 which I believe is very similar when we were on the Freedom in 2007. It was nice and big and the kids sleeping area had a door and we also had a door in the main bedroom. I would definitely book a FO on the 8th floor again. (our past cruise on the Freedom {the one that hit the bad weather} we opted for two connecting rooms instead of a Family Ocean View).

We were in 8200 which I believe is very similar when we were on the Freedom in 2007. It was nice and big and the kids sleeping area had a door and we also had a door in the main bedroom. I would definitely book a FO on the 8th floor again. (our past cruise on the Freedom {the one that hit the bad weather} we opted for two connecting rooms instead of a Family Ocean View).

I booked 8200 on FOS for October 2012 and I was worried about the VERY front. We have always midship balconies so for us this is a giant leap, to the front and no balcony :eek:. Really worried about the waters crossing over into the Eastern Caribbean EEKS

I booked 8200 on FOS for October 2012 and I was worried about the VERY front. We have always midship balconies so for us this is a giant leap, to the front and no balcony :eek:. Really worried about the waters crossing over into the Eastern Caribbean EEKS

Unfortunately, both times we've been on the Freedom we've had sick kids (DH and I were fine). Of course the last time was because of the "microburst" we encountered the first evening and everyone was getting sick. But the first time we were on it, through the night and the first morning it was moving quite a bit, and all three of our boys got sick because we were rocking so much from being in the very front.

Unfortunately, both times we've been on the Freedom we've had sick kids (DH and I were fine). Of course the last time was because of the "microburst" we encountered the first evening and everyone was getting sick. But the first time we were on it, through the night and the first morning it was moving quite a bit, and all three of our boys got sick because we were rocking so much from being in the very front.

sorry to hear you guys got sick from a bug going around...I am hoping our kids will be OK. On our last cruise, DH and I could feel the movement at times but the kids didn't seem to notice at all, even at the putt putt course. I will just take my trusty drops for behind the ear and their dramamine JIC..

That is great! Thanks so much! Great pictures. I bookmarked the page because it really is the best website I have found with inside stateroom pictures.

If anyone has other pictures, it would be great to see them. Especially staterooms for 3 or 4 people. We might have a family member tag along for the trip. Our niece, but that's just a possibility. I need to keep some options open.

Thanks this photo was just perfect I was looking for one of 9704 we've done the one on the 8th floor on the Mariner that said obstructed view so was wondering what it was like thanks.

WE go out on the 9th of Oct and can't wait!:)

Just wondering how you liked the room. WE have it in April 2012

thank you

• 2 months later...
Does anyone have the EASTERN cruise compass? That would be great, thanks! :)

We just got off of FOS on Sunday. I have the Compass for each day. Can scan tomorrow. To keep file size down, I'll likely scan just the Daily Planner and the Daily Activities pages. That pretty much shows everything.

We just got off of FOS on Sunday. I have the Compass for each day. Can scan tomorrow. To keep file size down, I'll likely scan just the Daily Planner and the Daily Activities pages. That pretty much shows everything.

That would be so helpful! Thank you so much :)

OK, attached are two .pdf files with the Cruise Compass from our recent Eastern itinerary on the Freedom Of The Seas. The first one covers days 1 through 4, and the second one covers days 5 through 7. These just show the last two pages of each day's Compass (all of the schedule and open hours) since the rest of the Compass is either marketing or redundant. Sorry they are so rough; had to keep the file sizes down. Hope you enjoy your cruise on the Freedom Of The Seas as much as we did! I want to go back within a year or so.

Cruise Compass Jan 2012 Eastern - Days 1-4.pdf

Cruise Compass Jan 2012 Eastern - Days 5-7.pdf

OK, attached are two .pdf files with the Cruise Compass from our recent Eastern itinerary on the Freedom Of The Seas. The first one covers days 1 through 4, and the second one covers days 5 through 7. These just show the last two pages of each day's Compass (all of the schedule and open hours) since the rest of the Compass is either marketing or redundant. Sorry they are so rough; had to keep the file sizes down. Hope you enjoy your cruise on the Freedom Of The Seas as much as we did! I want to go back within a year or so.

Thank you so much! That's PERFECT! Just what I was looking for! Now my search can end. I've spent almost a month waiting and looking for these. Again, thank you so much! :):)

Thanks so much! I see you have kids in your signature - you wouldn't happen to have the Adventure Ocean compasses from the Eastern Route, would you?

I just thought this had to be started so let the discussion begin! haha:D

I was on the Jan 15th Eastern Carribean cruise on the FOS and it is really a great ship. The food was good and the service was excellent all over the ship. I thought with over 3000 people on the ship it would be very crowded but the ship is so big we never felt crowded at all. I had pre booked all the shows so we could get in early to them . We also had the my time dining and that worked out well. I only had lunch in the dining room once, all the other times we ate lunch in the Windjammer which had a very good selection. At night we ate in the dining room where the service was excellent. Getting off the ship we carried off our own luggage which worked out great as we were off the ship at 6:30. All in all a very enjoyable trip.

my family is doing the 7 day eastern - when is formal nite ?? do they have lobster?? i am trying to figure out when to do the specialty restaurants.... thank you!!! :D

Jill,

We were on the January 15 Eastern cruise and really enjoyed this ship! The formal nights are on Monday night (day 2), which is the Captain's Gala, and then on Friday night (day 6), Chef's Dinner, where you get your lobster! Get two...make it three (have one more for me!).

Dave

Thanks so much! I see you have kids in your signature - you wouldn't happen to have the Adventure Ocean compasses from the Eastern Route, would you?

Unfortunately, my kids discarded all of the Adventure Ocean compasses before I could save them (the compasses!). But they tell me activities included lots of tournaments, pool parties, ice skating, etc. That probably doesn't help much. My kids are 12 years old (all three) and had a very good time, although there weren't as many kids their age on board as there would be at other times of the year (yes, we pulled them out of school). The ship is very kid-friendly though. Enjoy!

Dave

Thank You, :) Any good head liners?

I'm not usually a big "show" person, but I did attend the Broadway review "Marquis", the Freedom Ice Show, and the show on the next to last night called "Once Upon A Time". The first and the last were performed by the RCI singers and dancers and were reasonably entertaining, although they could have included more contemporary material in the Marquis show (with just one or two exceptions, the numbers were all very similar material dating back to "old" Broadway - would have loved to have seen them do stuff from Wicked, Momma Mia, or even Evita, Cats or Hair!). They did actually do more contemporary material in the "Once Upon A Time" show. As for the Freedom Ice show, it is NOT to be missed! That was a show! I was pleasantly surprised at the imagination and imagery used, thinking it was going to be a typical "Ice Capades" type show. But make your reservations for that one - I don't think "walk-ins" get in! As for your question about headliners, on our cruise, the main headliner was a tribute group for the Temptations. I saw bits and pieces (on the Ship TV) but did not attend the show. I don't think I missed much. The other show was a last minute replacement for the usual magician show. A "Las Vegas Review" type show with a solo artist doing all kinds of variety. People said they enjoyed him, but again, I don't think I missed much. Of course, entertainment is a totally subjective matter. I think in general RCI puts out quality entertainment.