All Things Freedom of the Seas!

Also booked 1700 for June 24,2012. 1700 is my favorite cabin. Larger cabin and balcony, not as narrow, no structure in front of you and it almost has a little private entrance.

As of this posting 1400 is still available for this sailing.

We had 1700 on 10 April and it was fab... but long walk to lift as I have bad knee which was not very nice but love the balcony...

Scottishwee35

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
All the staff were so good and professional but Aries, our waiter for the second week of our b2b was so professional and friendly and very organized! Great with our kids and knowledgeable re food and drinks :-) oh he also has a degree in mech engineering! :-)

Aries is one of the best waiters we have had!

Edited by Scotty G

Just booked 1400 on Freedom for October 7, 2012. From a friend and what I've been able to search and find here, it sounds like a good choice. Does anyone have any pictures of 1400 (or 1700)?

You're in luck, somewhat.

The website that lists cruiselinerooms does have pictures, but when I put the links in, they got changed. I don't know if there is a reason for that.

Whatever cabin, great ship. Enjoy.

Erika

Edited by birdylady

You're in luck, somewhat.

The website that lists cruiselinerooms does have pictures, but when I put the links in, they got changed. I don't know if there is a reason for that.

Whatever cabin, great ship. Enjoy.

Erika

Thanks. I did more searching in the RCI forum here and found a lot on information and pictures. I'm quite pleased with my selection. Now I just have to wait... :)

I don't know if a aft balcony cabin list has been posted for Freedom before, but I put one together this morning so thought I would share it with you all. Feel free to use it as you wish.

Freedom_aft_balconies.jpg

Thank you! Been looking for a good picture of the aft on Freedom. I've got 1400 booked for 10/7/2012.

Can anyone give me some information on the kids club? My DD is 6 and this is her first cruise. Do you need to sign up for a set time or can you drop off anytime? Do they get to do things around the ship or do they stay in the kids clubhouse? Does it ever get too full? I am not sure if she will want to go. We tried to sign her up for a kids club at a resort at the beach a few years ago and she didn't want any part of it. (Maybe it was the extra loud Pirate that was running it that freaked her out:p). She loves being around other kids. Any info would be appreciated!

We just got home today. The "kids club" has three different hours in which the children can be dropped off! Morning from 9 to 12; Afternoon from 2 to 5; Evening 6:45 to 10:00. They offer a late night service starting at 10 going until midnight for an additional 6.00/hour.

From what I observed, the kids stay in the club. My daughter is 8 and was very reluctent to go to the club. We never have much success with her! Anyway, the first day she refused to go. Second day, she went and said she had fun! She said they do take kids to lunch. They did a circus performance which was cute. Other than that, they do activities in the room itself. The staff was friendly and whenever we went to check the club out, something was always going on!

However, there is lots to do on the ship for example the rock climbing and ice skating, and parents need to be present for them to participate. And, the H2O zone is great and the kids want to play in that and not be stuck in a room all day!

Good luck

... the H2O zone is great and the kids want to play in that and not be stuck in a room all day!

The H2O Zone is amazing! Hard to believe this is on a ship. While this is intended for younger children, don't be surprised to see a few adults sneak in and have fun, too! Oh, me, uh, I was just accompanying my daughter, and I'm sticking with that story!;)

Thanks Pacers! My DD was excited when I mentioned the circus to her. We are planning on her trying it out in the morning and then have fun in the pool and H2O zone in the afternoons. I'm hoping she can find a little friend to play with!

Wildcatfish- I wouldn't be surprised to see my husband there everyday!:D

• 2 weeks later...

My DH and I booked the Freedom on our last cruise for March 18, 2012. We have been wanting to book her since she came out. Have heard nothing but wonderful things about Freedom.

Booked room 6640. I know this is a center hump balcony. Can anyone tell me more about hump balconies. I know they are coverted by some cruisers. Have never had one and wanted to see what it's all about.

Now that I found this thread, I will have to do a lot of reading.

My DH and I booked the Freedom on our last cruise for March 18, 2012. We have been wanting to book her since she came out. Have heard nothing but wonderful things about Freedom.

Booked room 6640. I know this is a center hump balcony. Can anyone tell me more about hump balconies. I know they are coverted by some cruisers. Have never had one and wanted to see what it's all about.

Now that I found this thread, I will have to do a lot of reading.

So many good things to read but so much "stuffing" that isn't much help!!

Could someone who has used the luggage valet program recently let me know if I would be eligible to use this service to the Orlando Airport if I travel on Jet Blue and have an 11:10 am flight? I plan to use Cocoa Beach Shuttle to get me to the airport but would prefer to send my luggage on ahead so there is less hassle when I get there. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Since it has been two years since we sailed The Freedom, and next year hope to grace her presence again...........a couple questions.

First of all does anyone know on the Western Route which island does the Scuba diving class do their open water test.

Second. Where does Freedom dock on Jamaica...trying to look at booking a zip line.

Thanks

Hope to be sailing in July 2012

Since it has been two years since we sailed The Freedom, and next year hope to grace her presence again...........a couple questions.

First of all does anyone know on the Western Route which island does the Scuba diving class do their open water test.

Second. Where does Freedom dock on Jamaica...trying to look at booking a zip line.

Thanks

Hope to be sailing in July 2012

Your Western itinerary dates on Jamaica in July 2012 will be ported at Falmouth.

2012 DEPARTURE DATES:

Ports of Call:

Port Canaveral, Florida; Labadee, Haiti; Falmouth, Jamaica; George Town, Grand Cayman; Cozumel, Mexico; Port Canaveral, Florida

Since we are looking at the shore excursions for a Nov 2011 cruise, may I recommend this WEB page to read more about which one of the zipline tours you would like to enjoy? Try:

Chukka ZipLine Canopy & River Tubing- An overview of Falmouth Tours at:

http://visitfalmouthja.com/tours.php

RCCL has several combo tours available, also, at a slightly upcharge price.<g>

...and Have a Barrel of Fun!

Muz

• 3 weeks later...

Booked room 6640. I know this is a center hump balcony. Can anyone tell me more about hump balconies. I know they are coverted by some cruisers. Have never had one and wanted to see what it's all about..

Thinking of booking 6640 or 6340.

Not sure about a cabin near the elevators.

Is there a lot of traffic?

Anyone have photos?

Thinking of booking 6640 or 6340.

Not sure about a cabin near the elevators.

Is there a lot of traffic?

Anyone have photos?

I dont think this will be that much of a problem, I'd consider much more the location itself, as you have an aft. Cabins near the back of the ship are great because there's twice as many elevators in the aft as there is in the front.

I dont think this will be that much of a problem, I'd consider much more the location itself, as you have an aft. Cabins near the back of the ship are great because there's twice as many elevators in the aft as there is in the front.

I had an AFT once and once was enough.

Didn't like that location.

I always book midship between the Aft and middle elevators, for convenience. :D

But I think I know what you're saying.

Why spend money on a Midship since there are only two elevators.

Might as well book a cabin in the stern.

I had an AFT once and once was enough.

Didn't like that location.

I always book midship between the Aft and middle elevators' date=' for convenience. :D

But I think I know what you're saying.

Why spend money on a Midship since there are only two elevators.

Might as well book a cabin in the stern.[/quote']

Yes stern is good on this ship. I've read that people really have lots of problems trying to get an elevator. They're ways very crowded. Stern elevators will be less crowded. Besides, in the stern, you're only one elevator ride away from all the restaurants and the buffet! :D