All Things Freedom of the Seas!

I booked a deck7 corner aft cabin for Feb......when I booked there were 3 of us sailing. Now, I think there will only be my daughter and I. This is a 3 person cabin......has anyone heard of people getting bumped when this happens.

Should I keep the third person on the Reservation until the last possible moment (when full payment due)......take her off now, and keep my fingers crossed, or not worry about it?

I booked a deck7 corner aft cabin for Feb......when I booked there were 3 of us sailing. Now, I think there will only be my daughter and I. This is a 3 person cabin......has anyone heard of people getting bumped when this happens.

Should I keep the third person on the Reservation until the last possible moment (when full payment due)......take her off now, and keep my fingers crossed, or not worry about it?

Well, I had 3 balcony cabins (not aft) side by side, with the middle room for a party of 3, which is what the room was described for. When it was changed to 3 cabins of 2 each, we were moved out of the middle balcony as we only had 2 people and no longer 3 in that cabin...and moved down the hall from the other 2 cabins. So - my guess is that it may happen...although perhaps an aft balcony may be a bit more protected from the dreaded "bump".

Edited by DaisyGirl55

I dont understand why it should matter if you have 2 or 3 people staying. We have a corner aft balcony on deck 7 for May and it is just my husband and I ..that is how we made the reservation and we got that cabin.

I dont understand why it should matter if you have 2 or 3 people staying. We have a corner aft balcony on deck 7 for May and it is just my husband and I ..that is how we made the reservation and we got that cabin.

If a group of three need a cabin, and there are no triple cabins left, but there are cabins for three being used by only two, then those two could be moved so the party of three can have the cabin. It happens. It is the chance you take when you book a cabin that can sleep more than the number of people registered in the cabin.

From what we heard last week, Allan will be on vacation for two months. He won't be returning to the Freedom, though. He's moving to the Oasis.

In December, he is going to the Allure according to Justin in the entertainment vnue (who is also going to the Allure in December).

We just got off the freedom, and we had balcony room 7294 (and promenade room 7295 for our boys). The room was great! Perfect mid-ship location, clean, quiet. Our cabin attendant was terrific (Lee) as well. Enjoy your cruise!!

Jesters, how was that room (7294) as far as feeling the ships movement??? 1st cruise & all :)

Jesters, how was that room (7294) as far as feeling the ships movement??? 1st cruise & all :)

I thought it was great. Felt very little movement (and I am VERY prone to motion sickness- take meds throughout cruise), but i should note that our weather was great and we had calm seas. I felt more movement in the dining room. It is a great room on a great ship. Enjoy!!!!!

This will be our first time on Freedom and our first RCI cruise. We will be in a JS on deck 10.

Anyone care to share something you really love about this ship or some secret place that you love to visit on the ship?

Thanks!:)

This will be our first time on Freedom and our first RCI cruise. We will be in a JS on deck 10.

Anyone care to share something you really love about this ship or some secret place that you love to visit on the ship?

Thanks!:)

Wow, I guess no one has anything good to say about FOS. Should I cancel?:eek:

I have checked out all threads I could find on it, I just thought it would be fun to hear what people find special about the ship.

I have checked out all threads I could find on it, I just thought it would be fun to hear what people find special about the ship.

There are soooo many wonderful things to do on this ship! One of the things we did EVERY night was go to Sorrento's for pizza, drinks, and a little sweet. (Note - this is NOT good for trying to keep the weight down! lol) My girls still talk about this experience and want to cruise again! :D I wrote a pretty good sized review of our experience - check it out, there's a link in my signature. :)

Yeah, not sure what you've been reading but I've read TONS of good things on the boards about Freedom OTS. We're headed out in a couple weeks and can't be more excited to sail on her.

~Lisa :p

We loved to go to Cafe Promenade every day for lattes and their fantastic little sandwiches...yummy! It's also a great place to relax and people watch. But it’s my opinion that you will love everything about this ship, just like we did...hence the reason we are sailing on her again and cannot wait! Enjoy your cruise! :)

Yeah, not sure what you've been reading but I've read TONS of good things on the boards about Freedom OTS. We're headed out in a couple weeks and can't be more excited to sail on her.

~Lisa :p

My request was not to have people stick up for FOS, it was intended for fun!

See below, fun!;)

There are soooo many wonderful things to do on this ship! One of the things we did EVERY night was go to Sorrento's for pizza, drinks, and a little sweet. (Note - this is NOT good for trying to keep the weight down! lol) My girls still talk about this experience and want to cruise again! :D I wrote a pretty good sized review of our experience - check it out, there's a link in my signature. :)

We loved to go to Cafe Promenade every day for lattes and their fantastic little sandwiches...yummy! It's also a great place to relax and people watch. But it’s my opinion that you will love everything about this ship, just like we did...hence the reason we are sailing on her again and cannot wait! Enjoy your cruise! :)

Thank you! Great tips, my husband will especially appreciate the Sorrento suggestion.:)

There is a thread out there called "All things FOS"..I can't imagine if you found that one that you would still need more feedback on that ship.

There is a thread out there called "All things FOS"..I can't imagine if you found that one that you would still need more feedback on that ship.

Again, it was a for fun question. Thank you QTMichele and mbjonsn viewpost.gif for having fun with me.

No more questions.;)

You're welcome!! I know that the information is already out there for you, but I also know that it's a lot more fun to have a discussion with others than it is to do a search. ;). Besides, why have these boards if we can't discuss and share our excitement? Just skip over the posts and/or threads that duplicate themselves or have no relevance to you, IMHO. Happy cruising!

hello everyone, i've totally been trolling on the forum the last couple months as I planned my FOS cruise. i'm going on my 2nd cruise this sunday! my first was back in 2008 with vision of the seas in the mexican riviera. I am SOOOO excited for FOS! The same week when I was on vision, my friend was on FOS with her family and well as much fun as I had, seems like her ship had more options :) I am super excited! Thanks for all the info about FOS on this thread!

hello everyone, i've totally been trolling on the forum the last couple months as I planned my FOS cruise. i'm going on my 2nd cruise this sunday! my first was back in 2008 with vision of the seas in the mexican riviera. I am SOOOO excited for FOS! The same week when I was on vision, my friend was on FOS with her family and well as much fun as I had, seems like her ship had more options :) I am super excited! Thanks for all the info about FOS on this thread!
Have a great cruise!:)

We are looking at booking an AFT cabin on deck 2 on the Freedom for next June. Does anyone know if there is a lot of noise from the dining room above? The open cabins are 2nd Floor 2359, 2361, 2363, 2367, 2369. Please help if you can. Or tell me another place I can ask this question if there is a better place.

Thank you.

Tigers2425