All Things Freedom of the Seas!

• 1 month later...

Just booked FOS during wow sale! I skipped to the last page to post, but I'm going to try to work my way through this entire thread in the near future. As you can see in my sig, we have only cruised once on the Monarch and fell in love with cruising. I'm anxious to see what it's like on a larger ship! Only 352 days to go! haha!

Does anyone know the cost of a one-way transfer from Port Canaveral to MCO? I'm trying to decide whether to do a transfer or a car rental. Thanks.

You have to pay $15/day to park plus the cost of the rental. Get a transfer for sure!

You have to pay $15/day to park plus the cost of the rental. Get a transfer for sure!

You don't park the rental, you turn it in same day.

Did this a couple of weeks ago and found is cheaper to rent a car from Canaveral to MCO than going by any other means that I could find.

Quick question for those of you in the know: Where do you go to see the Maitre D on FOS the first day if we need to request a change of tables? Also, do you know what time he or she is there?

I requested a table for just my family through our TA, but I don't know if we will get it since it is just a request and not a guarantee. Which leads me to one more question, how do you find out what table you are assigned to to begin with?

Thanks in advance!

We're doing 7 days in Orlando before our cruise.

We will pick up our rental car at Orlando Intl Airport (MCO) and drop it off at Budgets office in Astronaut Blvd, Port Canaveral. They then provide a free transfer to the port.

On our return, they will pick us up at the port and take us to collect our car, which we'll return at the Airport.

So, it's a 7 day and a 1 day car hire, rather than a 14 day hire and 7 days parking.

The 1 day car hire is around £35 ($54) for 4 dr full size.

I still need to go back and read this thread. We're booked in Feb and transport/hotel is still something I need to book. We're flying in the day before and I think we'll do the car rental. So nice to have found this so quickly!!

We're doing 7 days in Orlando before our cruise.

We will pick up our rental car at Orlando Intl Airport (MCO) and drop it off at Budgets office in Astronaut Blvd, Port Canaveral. They then provide a free transfer to the port.

On our return, they will pick us up at the port and take us to collect our car, which we'll return at the Airport.

So, it's a 7 day and a 1 day car hire, rather than a 14 day hire and 7 days parking.

The 1 day car hire is around £35 ($54) for 4 dr full size.

Just a few weeks ago we rented a car in Orlando and drove to FOS for get this $31.64 including taxes and all charges. On the return trip is was $51.68, still much better than per person shuttle fees. Loved the rental, we left when we wanted, even stopped at a Walgreens to get a forgotten item. It was great would do it again in a heartbeat. Enjoy

Just a few weeks ago we rented a car in Orlando and drove to FOS for get this $31.64 including taxes and all charges. On the return trip is was $51.68, still much better than per person shuttle fees. Loved the rental, we left when we wanted, even stopped at a Walgreens to get a forgotten item. It was great would do it again in a heartbeat. Enjoy

What car rental did you use? This sounds like the way to do it since one of us is arriving by plane and the other by train.

I still need to go back and read this thread. We're booked in Feb and transport/hotel is still something I need to book. We're flying in the day before and I think we'll do the car rental. So nice to have found this so quickly!!

After reading many threads and visiting many web sites, we have booked country inn & suites for the night before the cruise. Plan on eating at Rusty's. Will try to get an airboat tour before or after the cruise.

This is not true at all. You can rent a car at the airport, drive to the rental office in Cocoa Beach (which is just south of the port) and turn the car in. You then take the free shuttle to the port. When you return you do the same thing in reverse. I, along with several other people have done exactly this. You end up paying for a one day rental (which is less than the cost of a transfer for two people) and you don't pay for any parking. Avis, Hertz and at least two other rental car companies will allow you to do this.

Edited by Cuizer2

Quick question for those of you in the know: Where do you go to see the Maitre D on FOS the first day if we need to request a change of tables? Also, do you know what time he or she is there?

I requested a table for just my family through our TA, but I don't know if we will get it since it is just a request and not a guarantee. Which leads me to one more question, how do you find out what table you are assigned to to begin with?

Thanks in advance!

It is on your SeaPass card ...

img083.jpg

Thanks in advance!

He or She is usually on the 4th floor dining room entrance about 4:30 after the muster drill. They will take your room card and call you in the order received.

Wow, I guess no one has anything good to say about FOS. Should I cancel?:eek:

I have checked out all threads I could find on it, I just thought it would be fun to hear what people find special about the ship.

We have never been on Freedom, but we have been on Independence and loved it. They are really very much alike. We think that is the best class ship. We were in a JS and thought it was great. There is alot to do and it all depends on what you are looking for.

Does anyone have a picture of the balcony on 9396 it is the last aft on the side and it looks odd shaped by the far away picture just wondered if you could see both ways since it is the last one.

Thanks

Don't know about that cabin, but on Indenpendence one of the aft cabins had a pole in the middle. We thought it was for pole danncing

:) Good evening folks.

I hope someone out there can help us.

I have a question about the cabin that has been assigned to us for our cruise on the FOS next year. The room (inside) is on deck 8 and we have never been in the front of the ship before. Last year we were on deck 2 (inside) midship and it was great. Should we change it?

TIA

:) Good evening folks.

I hope someone out there can help us.

I have a question about the cabin that has been assigned to us for our cruise on the FOS next year. The room (inside) is on deck 8 and we have never been in the front of the ship before. Last year we were on deck 2 (inside) midship and it was great. Should we change it?

TIA

I've been in the front of two ships (by choice) that were smaller than the Freedom of the Seas. What is your concern?

Edited by Cuizer2

I've been in the front of two ships (by choice) that were smaller than the Freedom of the Seas. What is your concern?

Thanks for the replies.

Wanted to hear from someone else that had been there. With FOS being so big I was hoping that it would be less rocky. Thanks Ciuzer2 for easing my mind.

Thanks for the replies.

Wanted to hear from someone else that had been there. With FOS being so big I was hoping that it would be less rocky. Thanks Ciuzer2 for easing my mind.

I thought about this while driving. I've been on fifteen cruises. On two of the cruises I had the very front cabin (by choice). On three of the cruises of the cruises I was in a rear facing cabin (again by choice). On the other ten I was somewhere near the middle.

On the Freedom of the Seas I had a rear facing cabin. I would not repeat that on a Voyager or Freedom class ship. The reason - because the view is blocked by all of those metal beams on the back of the ship ...

IMG_1998.jpg

And here is a picture I took from inside my cabin on the NCL Jade. I had a forward facing balcony. That is the NCL Jewel docked in front of us ...

SRMai_5108.jpg

Here is another picture take from my balcony while underway ...

SRsea_3834m.jpg

And here are a couple of pictures of that balcony ...

1-IMG_4703.jpg

1-JadeinPCI.jpg

If the ship is rolling (side to side movement) then the two ends roll just as much as the middle of the ship. If the ship is pitching (up and down movement) then the front and back will pitch more than the middle of the ship. However, it has been my experience that if the ship is rocking - the entire ship is rocking, not just the ends.

I have not noticed any more movement when in the front or back than I have when in the middle.

I just got off the Freedom yesterday. According to the Day 1 Compass, "Your seating arrangements are printed on the front of your SeaPass card. Our Dining Room Manager will be available today for any questions you may have regarding your table seating assignments between 11:30 am and 3:30 pm in the Isaac's Dining Room, Deck 4. The Dining Room Management will again be available in front of all dining rooms between 6:15 pm to 7;30 pm and 8:45 pm to 9:45 pm. On the second day of your cruise vacation (Monday), your Dining Room Manager will be available for table seating questions in the Isaac's Dining Room, Deck 4, between 9:30 am and 1:30 pm."

Enjoy your cruise!