All Things Freedom of the Seas!

The RSVP says 1:30, but they begin boarding as soon as the ship has debarked ALL the passengers;. This is usually around 11:30-noon. Be advised that the staterooms and windjammer don't open until 1p. So either get there around 11a or after 2p. If you have all of your paperwork filled aout and ready, then check-in will be a breeze

NO!! NOT ON EMBARKATION/DEBARKATION days! There is always a big line waiting for the WJC 2 open; Go to your stateroom 1st, drop UR bags, then explore the ship then eat

I have to disagree. My dad and I were among the first to board Freedom last month, at 11:00. When we boarded, the Cafe Promenade, Sorrento's Pizza and the Windjammer were open and ready to serve. Access to the staterooms was not available until 1:00.

NO!! NOT ON EMBARKATION/DEBARKATION days! There is always a big line waiting for the WJC 2 open; Go to your stateroom 1st, drop UR bags, then explore the ship then eat

I sailed on the Freedom on 10/31. My dad and I were in the WJ at 1230. People were already finished with lunch and leaving when we arrived. Easy to find a table as well.

Well I stand corrected; This must be a change from 3 years ago, when we sailed on the AOS. Cool, now I don't have to rush over there to beat the crowd.:p:p

I hope you have! ;) HOWEVER, I've only been on two cruises (2007 and 2010) so this is only based on my very limited experience. :) It's been my parent's experience as well. Your experience may have been different than ours. :)

Hi, going on our first RCI cruise on FOS next July, I have 3 tweens, what is the deal with the arcade, are the games free or do you have to pay, ie do I need pocketfuls of coins?? Is it open all day and are the kids free to wander in and out on their own? Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

This is probably a really stupid question (1st time cruiser), but I bought an over-the-door shoe holder to hang in the bathroom to hold all our toiletries (love that idea!). Will the metal parts that hang over the door, fit over the door on the ship? They don't on my door at home.

Also, debating on bringing my own hair dryer (I always take it when I travel). How are the hair dryers on board? I would prefer just to leave it at home.

We leave in 5 days for Orlando - cannot believe it's almost here!

We've always gone to the Windjammer once we've boarded - it's always been open without delay. :)

I'll second that. If you have trouble finding a table, see about sharing a table. Frequently we find that another couple sat down at a table for 6 or 8 because it was all they could find and they usually seem happy to share. I've also seen the staff direct people to the Chops seating area when the WJ seating is full on embarkation day.

This is probably a really stupid question (1st time cruiser), but I bought an over-the-door shoe holder to hang in the bathroom to hold all our toiletries (love that idea!). Will the metal parts that hang over the door, fit over the door on the ship? They don't on my door at home.

Also, debating on bringing my own hair dryer (I always take it when I travel). How are the hair dryers on board? I would prefer just to leave it at home.

We leave in 5 days for Orlando - cannot believe it's almost here!

I have used the over the door shoe holder on 3 different lines so far and it fit quite well on all of the bathroom doors. On RCI we were on Mariner of the Seas.

I personally don't bring a hair dryer, I have found the ones onboard to be adequate for my needs although they are low powered compared to mine. They are like the mini (travel version) ones that you can buy.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Tried to skim through 95 pages of posts but didn't see my question as I did skip over a several pages. :o

However, I have a few questions hopefully someone can answer. Heading for Freedom in a few weeks.

I plan on buying a couple of 12packs of pop to bring on board. Will stick a luggage tag on them and hope they show up in our cabin. Has anyone tried this recently?

Also, we have an inside room on deck 9. Do all the rooms have mini refridgerators in them or just the Suite type rooms?

Thanks.

We were on our first cruise on the Freedom over Christmas. I can't answer your question about soda, but every room does have a mini fridge. Ask your room attendant to empty it out on the first day. Then you have room to put snacks brought from the restaraunts, cookies, beer, etc in there. Worked great for us. I gave our attendant $10 the first day and asked for her to do this, as well as get us some bathrobes - which she did! Adele was amazing - so nice and fun!

No WiFi in rooms at all. There is a computer area on the 8th floor. I know you can sign up for WiFi or just pay per minute (I had to when our itinerary got changed & had to notify our tour guide on an island). Not the fastest, and there were times it was down. I would not bring a laptop - just not worth it. As far as bartenders, we didn't go to just one, so I can't help you there. If you are beer drinkers, you can go down to the pool bar & buy a bucket o beers. Make sure to take a bottle opener with you - then you can take them back to the room and stick them in the fridge :)

Hi all,

Tried to skim through 95 pages of posts but didn't see my question as I did skip over a several pages. :o

However, I have a few questions hopefully someone can answer. Heading for Freedom in a few weeks.

I plan on buying a couple of 12packs of pop to bring on board. Will stick a luggage tag on them and hope they show up in our cabin. Has anyone tried this recently?

Also, we have an inside room on deck 9. Do all the rooms have mini refridgerators in them or just the Suite type rooms?

Thanks.

Not sure about soda but we did the luggage tag trick on the Liberty in October with a case of water. No problems whatsoever. I personally think it's worth trying and would not hesitate to do it. The risk is worth the reward as they say.

• 1 month later...
Not sure about soda but we did the luggage tag trick on the Liberty in October with a case of water. No problems whatsoever. I personally think it's worth trying and would not hesitate to do it. The risk is worth the reward as they say.

I have read a few reports on cruisecritic lately where people have put a luggage tag on soda or water packs and they have arrived with their luggage. I am planning on doing the water myself.

I have read a few reports on cruisecritic lately where people have put a luggage tag on soda or water packs and they have arrived with their luggage. I am planning on doing the water myself.

We just sailed on Voyager (February, 2011) and were denied any drinks (no Cokes or Water)! They said "new rules were in place!" -- of course this was in Galveston, TX.

Edited by mstelly

We just sailed on Voyager (February, 2011) and were denied any drinks (no Cokes or Water)! They said "new rules were in place!" -- of course this was in Galveston, TX.

Boarding Radiance in Tampa last week we were not allowed to check two boxed 12 packs of soda. I had to carry them on board, and we were stopped to have them inspected three times within a 100 yard walk. They did let us carry them on though.