All Things Freedom of the Seas!

That cabin 8412 has a door adjoining the suite next door doesnt it? Was there any noise coming from the other room or are the adjoining doors pretty solid. I dont like hotel rooms with the adjoining doors for this reason and was wondering about the cruise rooms. Do you have any idea what the balcony on the room to the other side of your cabins was like..it says limited ocean view for that one.Any pics? thx

I goofed, we had 8410, the back corner aft cabin.

Hi,

First time cruiser and we have booked FOS for the 8th May 2011. We are in cabin 8514 on deck 8 is this any good?

We're booking that room for the 12/11 5 nighter. It was $40 more than a standard oceanview and seemed to have quite a bit more space. I hope the rocking doesn't bother us too much. We haven't had too many nausea problems in the past.

Has anyone done a 5 night western on the freedom? I don't think they do that one very often, but if you have any info/compasses, it would be much appreciated!

I did think of a question. Do you remember if the cabin had a loveseat or 2 chairs? Thanks!!!!

@seeshore: It had a loveseat & 1 chair. Finally found the pics for you. Digitized my mum as she's the type to freak out if she saw herself posted somewhere LOL

No pics of the bathroom, though I remember there's no step-up into it, it's flat so that a wheelchair can roll in, the stand-up shower was large with shower curtain & handheld shower head and rails by the shower & toilet

BTW, this cabin was on deck 10, stateroom #1321

717484982_Copyofmom003.jpg.d53f8637a2c880a32c2dc4ec9bcd1937.jpg

1075745065_Copyofmom004.jpg.5592cb24e3b162771167a55c54b7caff.jpg

294764563_Copyofmom002.jpg.dcd2fbc70f7eb674ffdac4ec471f5ce6.jpg

Edited by chalupa

we had an aft on deck 8 (8412), much larger balcony. I love aft cabins. I'm not sure I would pick deck 10 as noise might be overhead.

Haha I had that room on the june 20th cruise!!!! The balcony was nice, it had 2 lounge chairs, a little table and 2 regular chairs!!! :D how funny!

My Wife and I are taking our 3rd cruise with RCI. We have been on the LOS twice before and now we are going on the FOS. My wife booked the Royal Suite #1640 for us (birthday present). Has anyone stayed in this suite before? We cant wait for the summer to be over , the kids go back to school so we can take our vacation.

Haha I had that room on the june 20th cruise!!!! The balcony was nice, it had 2 lounge chairs, a little table and 2 regular chairs!!! :D how funny!

That was the cruise we were on. We were next to you, but only saw your husband once outside lol. Hope we weren't too loud, my son was a PITA at times!!

I liked your little signs on the door each day.

I have been trying to find a current eastern compass for FOS. Does anyone have a link? The link I have is from Jan 2010.

Thanks!

Yes, I would like to have copies too.

Thx.

D1 for larger cabin or E1 for larger balcony? which do you choose:confused:

just curious for fun....we are looking at the D1 - for location and larger room. We have not stayed in a reg balcony cabin yet...just JS...so researching for fun;);)

I have a long way to go. Dec 4, 2011; matter of fact it is so long a wait, I book Allure in Jan 11, just to help with the long wait. Acutally my wife and I will be sailing Allure with 15 friends; and we are taking our kids/grandkids on Freedom in Dec. It will be kids first cruise so they will love it.

just curious for fun....we are looking at the D1 - for location and larger room. We have not stayed in a reg balcony cabin yet...just JS...so researching for fun;);)

oops...meant to post this as its own thread - ignore:o

Edited by minnie00

We have never cruised before and are going on the Freedom of the Seas 12/19/10 sailing! Flying into Orlando from So CA. We are flying in the day before and flying out the day after - no stress wanted! Is it better to stay in a hotel by the port vs. the airport when we get there - and then by the airport after departing? Makes sense to me, but wanted to get input from all you seasoned cruisers!

Saw postings about a Coco Beach shuttle (think that was the name) - does that pick you up from the airport & take you to Port Canaveral? Thank you for any input.

We have never cruised before and are going on the Freedom of the Seas 12/19/10 sailing! Flying into Orlando from So CA. We are flying in the day before and flying out the day after - no stress wanted! Is it better to stay in a hotel by the port vs. the airport when we get there - and then by the airport after departing? Makes sense to me, but wanted to get input from all you seasoned cruisers!

Doesn't matter, but if you're trying to avoid all stress on enbarkation day, it would make sense to go on to Cape Canaveral or Cocoa Beach the day you fly in so you just have a ten minute cab ride to the ship on Sunday morning.

Whichever way you do it, don't worry about it Orlando is only an hour from Port Canaveral so you're going to make it to the ship leaves either way :). Enjoy your first cruise you picked a great ship.

I can't speak for Freedom, but in general. If you are prone to motion sickness (even with patch, with bad seas, it can happen), the more centered in the ship, the better. Needless to say, we opt for D1 over E1.

Erika

Hello to all! We are planning an Anniversary Cruise for both of our parents. There will be about 10 couples and possibly 4 children. It's my wife's mom and dads 50th and my parents 60th. In you opinion is this ship too large for older folks to get around on? Both fathers have trouble walking. What would you suggest??

Happy Sailing!

Earl