HELP! I need some advise

We are booked on the Aug 08 sailing of the Serenade in room number 9608 and our DS 17 and DS 13 are in 9609. My dilemma is that room 9660 Aft has just opened up. If we switched do you think that would be to far away from the boy's? Any and all advise would be greatly appreciated.:D

We are booked on the Aug 08 sailing of the Serenade in room number 9608 and our DS 17 and DS 13 are in 9609. My dilemma is that room 9660 Aft has just opened up. If we switched do you think that would be to far away from the boy's? Any and all advise would be greatly appreciated.:D

Only you know your kids and how much trust you can have in them. But if it were me I would not put that much distance between myself and my child.

That's almost half a ship length away from them: 26 cabins. Let me put it this way: if you were staying in a hotel, would you want them 26 rooms away? That's your answer.

Thanks for the advice. My boy's are great kids but I am not sure how comfortable I would be that far away. I wish that they had more inside rooms on the Serenade. That balcony would be wonderful with all the family that we are traveling with. We will be the only room with a balcony and I know that the family will be using it a lot. Does anyone have any pictures of the regular balcony rooms on the Serenade?

Thanks for the advice. My boy's are great kids but I am not sure how comfortable I would be that far away. I wish that they had more inside rooms on the Serenade. That balcony would be wonderful with all the family that we are traveling with. We will be the only room with a balcony and I know that the family will be using it a lot. Does anyone have any pictures of the regular balcony rooms on the Serenade?

A bigger question is will RCL allow you to move that far away from them?

this is 9260 right next door to 9660, the balcony is huge (about 10x14), can the boys be moved closer to you.

IMG_1108.jpg

aftwcabins.jpg

That's almost half a ship length away from them: 26 cabins. Let me put it this way: if you were staying in a hotel, would you want them 26 rooms away? That's your answer.

Actually, their cabins are towards the bow of the ship and 8660 is all the way aft. Practically the whole ships distance.

I'd not do it with my teens and they are great kids. It's not just your kids you have to worry about, there are a whole lot of other people onboard the ship and it would only take one bad person to victimize your kids.

The regular balconies are not very large, there are typically two chairs and a small table out there. Enough space for 4 people, 2 sitting 2 standing. It gets a bit crowded after that. I think the measurements are around 4 X 10, about 41 square feet.

Actually, their cabins are towards the bow of the ship and 8660 is all the way aft. Practically the whole ships distance.

I'd not do it with my teens and they are great kids. It's not just your kids you have to worry about, there are a whole lot of other people onboard the ship and it would only take one bad person to victimize your kids.

The regular balconies are not very large, there are typically two chairs and a small table out there. Enough space for 4 people, 2 sitting 2 standing. It gets a bit crowded after that. I think the measurements are around 4 X 10, about 41 square feet.

Are you looking at Deck 9, and maybe 9509 instead of 9609. 9609 is pretty much in the middle of the ship.

To amartin04, I would call RCCL and see if they can switch another inside pax to your boys cabin. Midship is desirable, so they might be able to find someone to switch who has a cabin closer to 9660. Good luck!

To amartin04, I would call RCCL and see if they can switch another inside pax to your boys cabin. Midship is desirable, so they might be able to find someone to switch who has a cabin closer to 9660. Good luck!

When I look at the deck plans the closest inside room is 9627 and that is still 18 rooms away. I seems that the only way that I could get them closer is to have them in another D1 and I am really uncomfortable with them in a balcony room. Plus it would be another $2000.00.:mad: I put 9660 on hold so I would have time to make my decision, but I think I am leaning toward keeping our original rooms. It just would have been nice to have that large balcony to entertain the 8 people that will be with us.:(

this is 9260 right next door to 9660, the balcony is huge (about 10x14), can the boys be moved closer to you.

IMG_1108.jpg

aftwcabins.jpg

Sue, those pictures are great!! Since you have been on this ship can you tell me how far in distance room 9627 is from 9660? It is so hard to judge from the deck plans. We were just on the Vision in January and it seemed like the halls go on forever. We stayed in 8070 and it didn't seem to far from the aft cabins there. I know that the Serenade is quite a bit larger than the Vision, but I just can't tell looking at those deck plans. Thanks for any help you can give me.:D

Are you just going by what is showing as available online? If so, they do not show all available cabins. CALL THEM and see if there is something closer to 9660.

What I was looking at is if we are able to switch them to the very last inside room we would still be 18 rooms away. And since I haven't been on the Serenade before it is hard to judge how far away that realy is by looking at the deck plans. :eek:

What I was looking at is if we are able to switch them to the very last inside room we would still be 18 rooms away. And since I haven't been on the Serenade before it is hard to judge how far away that realy is by looking at the deck plans. :eek:

Ah, okay, gotcha! I see what you are saying looking at the deck plans again. Darn, I really want you to have that aft cabin!

We have been in an aft on Radiance and I can't really say but it looks like quite a distance on the deck plans, doesn't it? It's 14 or 15 cabins.

I believe the RCCL rule is that you have to be in the same "quandrant" as your kids. The main thing being that you have the same muster station.

Sorry, no kids or experience attempting to book them nearby so I can't really be much help beyond that.

Maybe you can just call RCCL and see if it's even a possibility. If it is, then only you can decide if you're comfortable with the distance.

Good luck! That aft cabin would have an awesome balcony for the family to enjoy!

Are you looking at Deck 9, and maybe 9509 instead of 9609. 9609 is pretty much in the middle of the ship.

Oops, yes you are correct, I was looking at the wrong end of the ship :o

It's still too far away for comfort. Even at the end of the row of inside cabins, still too far away.

Ah, okay, gotcha! I see what you are saying looking at the deck plans again. Darn, I really want you to have that aft cabin!

We have been in an aft on Radiance and I can't really say but it looks like quite a distance on the deck plans, doesn't it? It's 14 or 15 cabins.

I believe the RCCL rule is that you have to be in the same "quandrant" as your kids. The main thing being that you have the same muster station.

Sorry, no kids or experience attempting to book them nearby so I can't really be much help beyond that.

Maybe you can just call RCCL and see if it's even a possibility. If it is, then only you can decide if you're comfortable with the distance.

Good luck! That aft cabin would have an awesome balcony for the family to enjoy!

I know I really wanted that aft cabin, but I have a hard time thinking about being that far away from the boys. :mad: It's just so hard to tell how far away that is when looking at the deck plans. This will be the largest ship we have been on, so I have nothing to judge by.

It's really not that far away....each category D1 cabin is only about 9ft wide at the most.

9ft times 18 cabins is which is only about 50 yards away. You could put one of the boys in the aft cabin with you and have your husband with your other son in the inside cabin. For booking purposes only:)

Should would be nice to have an aft cabin for a Alaskan Cruise, the views from there would be awesome, you could see things on both sides of the ship.

Jimbo:)

It's really not that far away....each category D1 cabin is only about 9ft wide at the most.

9ft times 18 cabins is which is only about 50 yards away. You could put one of the boys in the aft cabin with you and have your husband with your other son in the inside cabin. For booking purposes only:)

Should would be nice to have an aft cabin for a Alaskan Cruise, the views from there would be awesome, you could see things on both sides of the ship.

Jimbo:)

That dosn't sound so bad! The other option that I am considering is having the boys stay across the hall from Grandma on deck 3. She is in a OV next to my DBIL & DSIL.

My DD and DS (ages 12 & 14) were in the cabin next to us last summer. We rarely saw them. I am not a mom to shirk responsibility and let them roam wild, but they stayed busy with the kids their age. I think if you or grandma can see the door to the cabin from your room, it would not be much different from being next door. You will use the phone to call their room, check to make sure they made it in on time every night, etc. I am sure if they know the rules for safety, (lock the door, don't answer it unless it's someone they know) they will be fine. And who are we kidding. They are going to be lounging on your balcony, bringing 5 of their newest best friends. ;)

My DD and DS (ages 12 & 14) were in the cabin next to us last summer. We rarely saw them. I am not a mom to shirk responsibility and let them roam wild, but they stayed busy with the kids their age. I think if you or grandma can see the door to the cabin from your room, it would not be much different from being next door. You will use the phone to call their room, check to make sure they made it in on time every night, etc. I am sure if they know the rules for safety, (lock the door, don't answer it unless it's someone they know) they will be fine. And who are we kidding. They are going to be lounging on your balcony, bringing 5 of their newest best friends. ;)

LMAO!!! Isn't that the truth! I have plans on speeking with my MIL this afternoon about the boys being across from her. I'm not sure how she will feel but it's worth a try.:D

Amartin if I were you I'd go to website and hit the room # for information on price as that will put the room on hold for a while. Then I'd keep doing that so room doesn't get taken by someone else. That is a highly desireable room. Make a decision soon or its a goner.

Sue, those pictures are great!! Since you have been on this ship can you tell me how far in distance room 9627 is from 9660? It is so hard to judge from the deck plans. We were just on the Vision in January and it seemed like the halls go on forever. We stayed in 8070 and it didn't seem to far from the aft cabins there. I know that the Serenade is quite a bit larger than the Vision, but I just can't tell looking at those deck plans. Thanks for any help you can give me.:D

It really is not that far...1 minute walk if that. That 9660 is a wonderful room.

Well I have very good news. I spoke with my DMIL this afternoon and she would be delighted to have the boys in a room by her on deck 3. So I have a hold on 9660 and I will transfer the room tomorrow!:D Now I am really excited about our trip!!!

Well I have very good news. I spoke with my DMIL this afternoon and she would be delighted to have the boys in a room by her on deck 3. So I have a hold on 9660 and I will transfer the room tomorrow!:D Now I am really excited about our trip!!!

YAY! banana.gifyay.gif

You are going to LOVE this cabin/balcony!

Well I did it!! I just got off the phone with RCCL and I now have room 9660.:D Sue I was wondering if you have any other pictures of that room that you can share with me? This will be our first D1 room, previously we have been in an inside on the Monarch and a JS on the Vision. So it would be nice to see what the differences are. Thanks for all you help.

Anna

Archived