What's the LATEST you ever got an upgrade?

SakeDad

For those that have either gotten a good upsell or an upgrade, what was the latest they happened for you? A few days before the cruise? At the dock? Once onboard for whatever reason?

Just curious.:p

For those that have either gotten a good upsell or an upgrade, what was the latest they happened for you? A few days before the cruise? At the dock? Once onboard for whatever reason?

Just curious.:p

On our Feb 23, 2008 Gem cruise, we got an upsell the previous day, from a BA to an AD suite, just $200.

WE have a BC/Gty on the Pearl for an Alaska Cruise, I kind of was assuming we would get our cabin assignment when we made final payment?? Does anyone have experience with getting an upgrade after that? Do you know if in this category if we would be offered a paid for upgrade?

On our Feb 23, 2008 Gem cruise, we got an upsell the previous day, from a BA to an AD suite, just $200.

We're booked on the Star repo in BA aft and the ONLY reason I'd give it up is AD for $100.00 total (It's only 3 days) because Mom would LOVE the butler and being spoiled! Other than that they would have to comp me AC/AE etc to get me to move because I'm so happy to have my BA on Deck 10!!:D

WE have a BC/Gty on the Pearl for an Alaska Cruise, I kind of was assuming we would get our cabin assignment when we made final payment?? Does anyone have experience with getting an upgrade after that? Do you know if in this category if we would be offered a paid for upgrade?

Booked a BE GTY, got a BC and was offered an Upsell to the Courtyard Villa, for $5000 (didn't take it :rolleyes: ) 3 weeks before our cruise.

What a great upsell story. Depending on the number of days, that is about the best I have ever heard.

Remember, there are two kinds of upgrades.

1 - You all and pay the difference between current cabin and new one

2 - They just move you to a higher cabin. Usually only with the same category, BC to BA, or something like that. Not really a big deal as most all within the category are the same setup.

Then there are upsells.

that is when they call and offer a deal to move up to a higher category. No way to ask yourself. Just be ready if they call you, or your TA.

Archived