1st Diamand Cruise Coming in 6 Days Educate Me Please

No butter on my popcorn, thanks!

I knew when I read Donna's first comment this thread would get going, but she didnt mention what ship she's on. I have never been on a Freedom class ship, so I wasn't aware there were two different lounges.

On the Voyager there is only the CL. It's on Deck 9. In the evening when cocktails are served it started an hour before main seating and ended when late seating started. We had our drinks on Deck 14. It was neither loud, nor crowded. The view was awesome and you can meet some really wonderful people there. You can get a lot of great info from other cruisers whether it be about other cruises, shore excursions, or just general info.

On our last cruise we ended up with over 50 of us meeting on Cruise Critic and having some great times together.

Donna, I hope you have a great time on your cruise and that you meet some really nice people in the lounge!

Yes, they serve soda in the CL. I don't drink much either and would sometimes just drink a soda.

Karen... soon to be Diamond +

karen - hope your son stays safe. Just heard today that a friend's son finished his tour and is on his way home this weekend. Many prayers you hear the same good news soon.

Thanks, but my son just left on March 6th. He spent his Easter Sunday traveling from Kuwait to Baghdad to Rustamiyah. He'll be home in 15 months...

Part of me didn't want to book my cruise next March, cuz I was afraid I'd be gone and soemthing might happen to him. But I refuse to live my life in fear of the unknown. After all, I had to drive to work today and that is probably more dangerous than what he's doing.. ;)

When he gets home we're all going on a cruise to relax and regroup...

Karen

When we were on the Mariner last October as Diamond members, we could use CL or the 14th floor Satellite lounge which was open for canapes and drinks before dinner. We, too, preferred the 14th floor lounge, which has a gorgeous view. The CL is like a large inside cabin -- no windows. Other than pre-dinner drinks a couple of nights and ice show tickets, we didn't use CL or the concierge much.

Thanks to all who answered. I certainly didn’t intend to offend anyone. My husband and I have had a rough year and although I have been on about 20 cruises, this is his first so we wanted something really special. I’m not even a balcony snob! J Have done my share of all types of cabins and ships.

Ours is a 14 day cruise so that may also explain the high number of D and D+ cruisers?? I may even reach that myself someday since RCI has now started sailing Asia. As for this cruise, we intend to have a fantastic time!

BTW, I’ll take mine with butter – it’s a vacation after all!

Karen – sending our prayers to your son.

We were on Liberty last September and used the Diamond lounge, it was our first cruise as diamond. Would we also have been able to use the Concierge lounge?

I've heard that on the Voyager class ships they set up a diamond area on deck 14. So on our upcoming Mariner cruise we'll have access to both areas?

In February, they had a satellite lounge set up on Deck 14. It appeared that the vast majority of suite dweller and D+ had early seating - we usually went about 6:30 and there were maybe 4 people in the satellite lounge and a dozen or so in the CL. It was quite peaceful.

Karen, tell your son that we wish him all the best!:)

Archived