Anyone been upgraded from BA to AC/AD/AE?

SakeDad

I have a great cabin on the Star (10 aft) but I'm taking my Mom and love to spoil her when I can. Even though it's only a 3 day repo, the butler service and all that the AC/AD/AE cabins have would make her feel pretty special. Has anyone had any upgrade experience between the BA's to the A's???

I don't think you stand much of a chance. There isn't much availability at this point. I believe some of the upselling went on around the time you snagged your aft balcony. I also believe that is why the aft balcony became available.

I hope for you and especially your mom, you get that upsell, but I think you should count on enjoying your cruise from that great aft balcony.

We were on the Sun, March 8-15 and originally booked a category C (Superior outside cabin) then shortly after finaly payment, we were contacted by the upsell dept. to see if we were interested in a BB for $150. We took this upsell and when on the phone, the woman was willing to upgrade us to a BA for the same price. Because we didn't like the location of the available BA's we took the BB. On the Monday before the sailing we again took another upsell and were in an AC suite for an extra $500. It might have been a bit pricey, but we did have a great original price, so it was still a cheap vacation. Well worth the extra money, but the use of the butler wouldn't have been the main reason we upgraded, it was for the room, size and location. Naveen (the butler) was the one that delivered the room service when we ordered it, made sure we had ice in the ice bucket, and brought canapes every day. Other than that, we didn't really see him. Our conceirge Erika was much more visable and helped us quite a bit during our cruise.

Enjoy your vacation no matter what cabin category you have.

chances are slim, based on math alone. There are lots of non-penthouse cabins. There are only a few penthouse cabins, even if nobody books them. But, of course lots of people actually book them in the first place.

We got an upgrade to a AB suite once. It was great. Hard to justify the extra money for a bit more space though. The butler service is nice, but if that is what you want, the math works out poorly. Maybe $100 extra per meal or something like that!

We have gotten a few upsells -- even one from a BA aft on the Star to an AC. We've gotten upsells from mini-suites to an AD (Sun), an AB (also on the Star), and an A2 Owner's Suite (Pearl, but just for an overnight).

Just like logcabin said, NCL has us hooked on penthouse suites big time, and for our last cruise, we booked an AE because we didn't want to take a chance of not getting an upsell offer.

I think your BA will be fantastic even if you don't get the call. BTW, did you get the job offer?

I think your BA will be fantastic even if you don't get the call. BTW, did you get the job offer?

They called yesterday and said they went with someone else...YEA!! Now I can go on the cruise!:D

with every cruise we have been on since #5 in 1998 when Princess upgraded us to AFT mini suite on every cruise til Carnival bought them & all the perks flew out the balcony door as well as service.

Usually we bought cabin 15 months out front & watched prices rise on popular cruises. If they fell, we got OBC or upgrades. Then NCL wins us and did-0- for us when we lost $676 on the BA price at a BD rate. But when you make final payment with NCL they owe you -0-. Even my TA freaked when her own vacation with the kids for Elementary Spring Break with $400 discount on a inside for them. Then she tried with our BA and was told she & we paid in full so no credit or upgrade. She was anti NCL for a long time, then they had her on Gem for a TA weekend & she loved the BA AFT.

But after 25 cruises with her I told her we got a bargain since 5 days with RCL costs more for a D1 AFT but they were sold out and we do not care for sides. So we returned to NCL & freestyle. So now we learned about CAS to book with discounts at least.

We were on the Jewel in Jan, originally booked a balcony a month before the cruise they called an offered us an upgrade to a mini suite for $300 and we took it. Then a week before the cruise they called our TA again and offered us another upgrade to an AE for $100, and we jumped on it. But like logcabin said you can never go back. We are cruising next Jan again and are going to book a mini to begin with hoping we'll get another call.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise

SakeDad -

I hope you'll enjoy your aft cabin.

We always cruise in a BA aft cabin (between the suites) and received an upsell offer to a higher cabin once. We declined because it was a side cabin instead of an aft cabin. There's no way you get us out of our aft cabin!

SakeDad -

I hope you'll enjoy your aft cabin.

We always cruise in a BA aft cabin (between the suites) and received an upsell offer to a higher cabin once. We declined because it was a side cabin instead of an aft cabin. There's no way you get us out of our aft cabin!

I agree! But if they offer the suite NEXT to the BA aft:rolleyes: ....ok just dreaming, I know:p

Yes, we did on our first Dawn cruise 5 years ago.. We went from a BA to and Aft AD suite.. Be warned, though.. We have never gone back to a regular cabin since.. :)

This is SOOOOOO true. We bought an upsell from a BA to an AB on a 9 day cruise on the Spirit. We've yet to not book a penthouse yet. We're sailing in an AE Aft Penthouse...hoping we get a call or email to go to AA or GV!

I'd take it in a heartbeat....

Archived