Cosol Tour In St. Lucia

DJ1VIKES

i did his tour in April. Cc peopel filled up two vans. our tour was about 6 hours. but we spent planty of time on our two food/drink breaks having fun. I skipped the snorkel time and just sat on the beach. it was so peaceful.

How many does each van hold comfortably? Did he crowd the vans or leave a little elbow room? How much walking? Did you wear sneakers or flipflops? Thanks!

Hi:) We were on a Cosol tour in Oct....the van we were in had 6 of us in it...There was a total of 3 vans following each other...Definately had elbow room...Dh & I had our own seat to ourselves as did the other 2 couples...I wore flip flops which wasn't an issue...The only time you walk is when you stop at the waterfall, which wasn't a long walk....when we looked at the volcano...and other short stops....I highly recommend Cosol...it was the most amazing tour we have been on.

We just returned from our cruise. We LOVED this tour in St. Lucia. There is more food and drinks than you could possibly want. All of the food was excellent, but we especially liked the warm homemade bread with cheese that they served at the end. The tour guide was really informative. There were enough stops so you didn't feel like you were just riding around the whole day...even the three teens who were with us thought it was a fun tour (and they weren't drinking any of the many alcoholic beverages!) Swimming between the Pitons was really cool. St. Lucia is a beautiful island and this tour is a great way to see most of it.

Hi there,

We just got back yesterday from our July 6th cruise on the Adventure of the Seas.

We had booked this tour after reading all the great recommendations. It was a great, comprehensive tour. We were in a van with another couple we met on cruise critic and a family of mixed ages. Joseph was our driver and he was very pleasant. The van was comfortable and air conditioned. The island is beautiful and is quite windy and mountainous. We described as Six Flags without the tracks! As described, there are many great stops with plenty to munch on. The stop at Jalousie beach was magnificent. Such beautiful scenery swimming between the Pitons. The guys enjoyed their snorkeling (had their own gear) and the girls just swam. We did not take chairs and were glad because we were in the water the whole time! Unfortunately there were some very negative people who were very whiney on our bus. They did not read the whole description and just complained non-stop about the food, the many stops and wanting to go back to the ship early. Cosol and Joe tried their best to placate them, but they were just miserable human beings. Made for kind of a long ride back. It was a full day. We were whipped by the end, but what a great experience! I would highly recommend this tour!! :cool::D

Our group of 10 was also on the Adventure of the Seas July 6 sailing. We had a van to ourselves with Bumpy as the driver. It was everything we had hoped for and more! We loved all the stops, food, and especially the Jalousie Plantation beach. We felt like we learned a lot about the island and would definitely recommend it.

We recently took Cosol's tour on July 10 (we were on the Destiny) and here is my review:

We arrived at 8 am and it was another early morning for us as we had another all day tour booked with Cosol tours. We met up with the tour on the pier and found our new friends from our dinner table (a couple from Pennsylvania; we had found out a couple of nights ago at dinner that they also had booked this tour). There were enough people on the tour to be broken up into four different vans and our friends were on the same bus as we were.

I was a little disappointed that we weren’t assigned to Cosol’s van but our driver Vincent turned out to be an excellent driver. He was a little on the quiet side but he was very nice and possesses excellent driving skills. During the tour we visited a banana plantation, waterfall/botanical gardens, drive-in volcano and the most beautiful beach I have ever been to (directly between the two pitons) where we had a relaxing swim (snorkeling was also an option here). We also stopped at one point for a delicious buffet of island delicacies and fruits, as well as juice, soda, water, beer, and rum punch. On the way back from the beach we made another stop for warm, freshly baked bread and cheese which was delicious and also another beverage stop for more juice, soda, beer, rum punch, and some sort of rum concoction that had to have been 200 proof or more. Cosol checked on our van on several occasions to make sure that everything was okay, which I appreciated. The tour does have quite a bit of driving, but the views were scenic and the time in the van didn’t seem that bad to me. Overall, I found this to be an excellent tour that was very reasonable priced (considering all the food and drinks we were served along the way). I highly recommend this tour.

• 4 weeks later...

:D Here is the bottom line folks...if you go to St. Lucia and you do not take a Cosol Tour...just stay on the ship!!! Here is what the day was like:

1. A fantastic drive to a Banana Plantation to have some fresh bananas!

2. Perched on the side of a mountain with a great view, a buffet of local foods. (You MUST try the Banana Ketchup, I know what you are thinking but try it!!!!) Not only was the food great...but there was more than we could all finish!!!! DRINKS INCLUDED!!! Beer, rum punch, pop, water...EVERYTHING!!!!

3. The top of a real volcano!!!!!

4. Botanical Gardens and a waterfall!!!!

5. Beach and some amazing snorkling at the base of the Pitons!!!

6. More drinks...rum punch, beer, water, pop...and you gotta try the home brew!!!

6. The best cheese sandwich!!!

7. Back to the ship where we wished it could all start over again!!!

In between all of this, there are tons of picture opportunities and lots of information!!! This tour had something for everyone including the kids...everyone had a fantastic time and I was glad to see we were not nickel and dimed to death...the price of the tour included everything...the only exception was $1.00 to use the restroom at one of the stops...other than that everything was included!!!! That means drinks and food!!!!!

ALL OF THIS WAS ONLY $55.00!!!! I felt guilty paying so little!!!!

Cosol pays your entrance into the Botanical Gardens and the volcano...did I mention that the food and drinks are included???? Cosol's tour was seriously the highlight of the trip for me and my family!!! I don't think it's possible to say enough good things about his tour!!!! I was lucky enough to be on Cosol's bus...but I think everyone on the tour would have said their driver was the best.

:D Here is the bottom line folks...if you go to St. Lucia and you do not take a Cosol Tour...just stay on the ship!!! Here is what the day was like:

1. A fantastic drive to a Banana Plantation to have some fresh bananas!

2. Perched on the side of a mountain with a great view, a buffet of local foods. (You MUST try the Banana Ketchup, I know what you are thinking but try it!!!!) Not only was the food great...but there was more than we could all finish!!!! DRINKS INCLUDED!!! Beer, rum punch, pop, water...EVERYTHING!!!!

3. The top of a real volcano!!!!!

4. Botanical Gardens and a waterfall!!!!

5. Beach and some amazing snorkling at the base of the Pitons!!!

6. More drinks...rum punch, beer, water, pop...and you gotta try the home brew!!!

6. The best cheese sandwich!!!

7. Back to the ship where we wished it could all start over again!!!

In between all of this, there are tons of picture opportunities and lots of information!!! This tour had something for everyone including the kids...everyone had a fantastic time and I was glad to see we were not nickel and dimed to death...the price of the tour included everything...the only exception was $1.00 to use the restroom at one of the stops...other than that everything was included!!!! That means drinks and food!!!!!

ALL OF THIS WAS ONLY $55.00!!!! I felt guilty paying so little!!!!

Cosol pays your entrance into the Botanical Gardens and the volcano...did I mention that the food and drinks are included???? Cosol's tour was seriously the highlight of the trip for me and my family!!! I don't think it's possible to say enough good things about his tour!!!! I was lucky enough to be on Cosol's bus...but I think everyone on the tour would have said their driver was the best.

I just booked this tour for November 9 mainly because of the description and so many raves about it. One question; I've seen reference to the $1 charge to use the bathroom at one of the stops. This isn't a problem but is this the only bathroom opportunity on the tour? 5 1/2 to 6 hours can be a long time if you're drinking beer. :D

• 1 month later...
I just booked this tour for November 9 mainly because of the description and so many raves about it. One question; I've seen reference to the $1 charge to use the bathroom at one of the stops. This isn't a problem but is this the only bathroom opportunity on the tour? 5 1/2 to 6 hours can be a long time if you're drinking beer. :D

haha...was wondering the same thing! I will be taking his tour on November 26tth(from Serenade of the Seas). I am really looking forward to it:D

Actually, there are at least 3 rest room breaks during the tour (two of them require the $1 charge but there are free restrooms at the beach stop). It's a great tour so I hope you enjoy it!

With all the good feedback about this tour, I want to try it. Anyone have a link?

The web page for Cosul is http://www.cosol-tours.com/

This is part of the email he sent me...

The tour fee is US$55 per person. Its 5 to 6 hours. You only pay in cash at the end of the tour. We will be visiting the banana plantation, fishing villages, shopping, toraille waterfall & botanical garden, volcano, Marigot bay, beach and snorkeling at the Hilton Jalousie Hotel located between the Pitons, and many more things on the way. I will be paying all the entrance fees. There will be lots to see, lots to do, lots to sample of our local taste on the way. I will have a cooler with drinks like water, rum punch, local beers and soda.

We have taken Cosol's tour in the past and are planning to do so again on our upcoming cruise in Jan-February next year. Can you tell me where one would purchase a "water wallet"? As we do a fair amount of snorkeling, we would like to have one each for our cash.

You need to bring money to pay for the tour, tip, and there are opportunities to make purchases. I would suggest 80-100/person. I use a water wallet so that I can keep money, credit cards, seapass with me.

Archived