Help with flight times

Watermanfunari

Just found out that they changed our flight time.

I want to know your opinion if we could make this flight or should we take a later flight at higher price.

Continental out of FLL in Nov.

Time was 11:50am which we have made with no problems before

They changed the time now to 11:04am

The next flight would be I think it was around 1:30pm

And now I read that FLL does not let you check in your luggage until 2 hours befoe your flight, so if we get off the ship at 10am to airport by 10:15am then we will have to wait around for an hour until they let us check in.

So I do not know what to do.

What is the earliest time if (we walk our own luggage off) can we get off the ship?

We will be on Celebrity Constellation.

I do not want to be running around like crasy trying to run to a plane.

So any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Sue

The time you are allowed off the ship will depend on how long it takes the ship to clear customs. I have never sailed out of Ft. Lauderdale, but in my past experience while sailing out of either Miami or San Juan, passengers are usually allowed off the ship around 8-8:30AM. If you want to walk your luggage off with you, there shouldn't be a problem catching a flight at 11:04. Actually, I think you would make the flight even if you allowed your luggage to be taken off the ship for you, provided you tell them that you need to be in the first group called to disembark.

John

I was on HAL last spring out of FLL. I was off the ship and through security at the airpport by 9:45 am. I know that it all depends on customs at the pier and if they dock on time but I would think you'd be able to get to your early flight. There are lots of cabs available and the airport is super close to the docks. Have fun.

"Just found out that they changed our flight time.

I want to know your opinion if we could make this flight or should we take a later flight at higher price."

If the airline changed your flight, you should NOT have to pay more to take a later flight. Call them up and tell them you are on a cruise and can NOT take the earlier flight... tell them to put you on the 1:30 with no extra cost to you. This happened to us in February. They put 5 of us on an earlier flight (FLL, like you)... I called them up and said no, we can't make that flight. They tried to get me to take a flight the next day. I said no. I booked the flight we needed on the day we needed... you changed it, you fix it. They ended up getting us out of Miami, same day, no extra cost. And, they gave each of us $100 credit for a future ticket. I just kept saying no... that's not satisfactory... no.. that won't work for me, either put us back on the flight I bought or fix this problem. Don't give up. Ask to speak to a supervisor (they hate that) and keep saying no until they fix it.

Good luck.

I got off Millennium on Sunday in FLL and had a late flight. We left the ship at 9:30 and was in the airport before 11! It was the fastest disembarkation ever! I would say you shouldn't have any trouble getting to an 11:00 am flight if you are one of the first allowed off the ship. There were 5 or 6 cruise ships all unloading at the same time, it was crazy with people but they have been doing this awhile and can move people through the process pretty quickly.

We disembarked the Millie last month at FLL and those getting off first with their luggage started at about 8:30 AM. The problem was that when we got to the airport (we followed that first wave as CC Elite), the lines to checkin were unbelievable and then once that was accomplished, the security lines were so long that they had them wrapped around the rear entry hallway!!! We just did get to our gate around 11 AM which was plenty of time for our 1 PM flight but making the early one would have been impossible. We've made a 10 AM flight in San Juan off the Connie in the past but at FLL with six big ships in port disembarking at once it is a congested scene at the airport to say the least.

I was told that Ft Lauderdale requires Celebrity to give priority to those with flights. Celebrity does disembark you in flight time order. Be sure to fill out the debakation questionaire - that helps them determine what color luggage tags to give you and your debarkation time.

Since they don't feed you any more on flights I'd also opt for the later flight and have a nice lunch at the airport (if that's not an oxymoron). And if you DO get there really early maybe you can ask to stand by on that earlier flight. But I tend to err on the side of caution and hate to be rushing.

Thanks again for all your responses.

I think we will change to the later flight just on case.

Like some said they are the ones that changed it, so they will have to give us the later flight for the same cost, (with all the complaining I will do), lol

Sue

Thanks again for all your responses.

I think we will change to the later flight just on case.

Like some said they are the ones that changed it, so they will have to give us the later flight for the same cost, (with all the complaining I will do), lol

Sue

:) Very good idea.

As well, about your concern not to have to waste time waiting for check-in your luggage at FLL....if you're walking off the ship with your luggage, simply relax, and debark a bit later after the initial rush. By the time you've gone thru customs and find a cab and get to FLL, might be around 11.00-ish...minimal wait then...and the time will be very much needed to clear FLL's passengers screening, check-in & have a quick lunch.

Happe sailings

Cheers

:cool:

Archived