Bad VF cabins on Oosterdam??

1cruiselvr

Normally I would do a search first for this information because I'm sure others have asked this before, but the CC search feature is not working right now and I need an answer quick so I can book informed. Are there any bad VF cabins that I should avoid? Is the metal divider a big deal vs. plexiglass? Thank you in advance for your responses. Happy Sailing!

The 4 very forward VF's have no tub (the bathroom will be smaller) and the balconies are more narrow, also.

Here are some photo's that I have saved from various members on this board. We plan on staying in a VF, closer to the midship. I have no problems with the metal balcony. In fact, they are about 2 feet longer (from balcony door to rail) than the above balconies (see photo that Radio posted, of looking down to the VF).

z12.jpg

Z9.jpg

Z7.jpg

Also, check these out...

http://crazycruisers.shutterfly.com/action/slideshow?a=67b0de21b33676b465f8&auto=0&idx=76&m=1&d=1190136313324

http://image64.webshots.com/464/3/29/82/2341329820028362306ERYuyO_fs.jpg

That last link opens for me. :confused: Anyway, it is a closeup shot of the side of the ship, showing the VF verandahs. You can try copying and pasting the link.

More than likely, with a Guarantee, you will be moved up to a higher "V" category, or if you are really lucky, a suite! However, you have to be aware that there is also a good chance that you could be given one of those 4 in the bow. ;)

The 4 very forward VF's have no tub (the bathroom will be smaller) and the balconies are more narrow, also.

Here are some photo's that I have saved from various members on this board. We plan on staying in a VF, closer to the midship. I have no problems with the metal balcony. In fact, they are about 2 feet longer (from balcony door to rail) than the above balconies (see photo that Radio posted, of looking down to the VF).

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I have been searching in vain for good pictures of these metal railings. My wife and I were trying to decide on a VF vs. upgading to a VE or perhaps even an SY. In the end, we changed our minds on itinerary and ended up booking a VH guar. we found on the W'dam because the deal was simply too good to pass up.

Now that I see the railings I am really not at all concerned about them - not as nice and open as the glass ones for sure, but also not worth doubling our cruise fare :)

But keep in mind the neighbor above you can see;)

Yeah...I wasn't to thrilled to see that when Radio posted, but when sitting and reading, only my feet will show. :D At other times (when I am near the railing), those that want to look down, can see me in my bathrobe. I will either be drying my hair by the breeze, or hopefully be taking in some of the fresh morning and night air.

Archived