Dimming the headlights...

mics pics

I have used duct tape to eliminate the "Chicken Cutlets" in front of your armpits...for certain dresses or gowns,works great. Models use duct tape all the time to "create" Boobs.

OK I JUST LAUGHED THAT OUT THRU MY NOSE

THAT WAS GREAT!

INSTANT BOOB JOB!

Why are they called maxi dresses? Just look like floor length dresses. Is it "maxi" b'c it's long, like "maximum length?"

One of them looks like the gawd awful thing I was forced to wear one Easter in about 1977 or so :D

Why are they called maxi dresses? Just look like floor length dresses. Is it "maxi" b'c it's long, like "maximum length?"

One of them looks like the gawd awful thing I was forced to wear one Easter in about 1977 or so :D

Yeah, just like mini is the minimum length. They needed a buzz word to make them the "hot" thing to have, floor length didn't do it.

Oh, I'll bet you were a real cutie.;)

I'm sure one day, things we're wearing now will be mocked and laughed at just as every previous fashion trend has been.

A friend of mine's son ran across a picture in which he and 3 friends about age 12-14, were all wearing pastel leisure suits, He said "Mom, why did you dress me that way"? She said, "no, no, Tommy boy, you HAD to have one to wear to that Bar Mitzvah".:D

Leisure suit...talk about an oxymoron.:p

I too remember the "burn the bra" days.. but about 20 years ago, I was complimented by a man on my nipples. :eek: Since then, I've been careful to wear covers....

All I could say, was uh, thanks.....lol

Barbara

I too remember those days, but gravity is setting in and the girls need support these days!

I just got my Kohl's flyer and one page has all kinds of nipple hiders and straps and pads and tape...pusher-uppers, squeezer-inners, tie-er downers, etc... very good prices also.

Target has a similar rack of this type of stuff too near the bras (duh) I want to say it's the same pink packaging, but not 100% sure it's the same brand, but I'm sure it must be comparable.

I too remember the "burn the bra" days.. but about 20 years ago, I was complimented by a man on my nipples. :eek: Since then, I've been careful to wear covers....

All I could say, was uh, thanks.....lol

Barbara

Sheesh, that's exactly what I wanted to avoid! I'm a baggage handler, so, 99% of my coworkers are men. Summer is always fun for me when I get into the air conditioning. :eek: LOL

It's not fair, I'm not 'blessed' but yet I inherited the always outties. :p

I was going to do the duct tape but saw a photo on the internet of a girl who did the duct tape thing. Gorgeous dress, tremendous cleavage, and a nice silver streak showing at the top of her dress. Yikes.

At least this thread has been educational and entertaining! :D

I was going to do the duct tape but saw a photo on the internet of a girl who did the duct tape thing. Gorgeous dress, tremendous cleavage, and a nice silver streak showing at the top of her dress. Yikes.

All I have to say about removing duct tape - OUCH!!!!

What if you plan to be romantic later in the evening - hiding in the bathroom trying to rip that stuff off before DH falls asleep!:eek:

What if you plan to be romantic later in the evening - hiding in the bathroom trying to rip that stuff off before DH falls asleep!:eek:

put a little baby powder first,comes off easy.

Ah, see? The benefits of being single! :p

Actually, that was the main reason I posted in the first place. When I used bandaids (and I had to use bigger ones because I'm on high beam) it was a good device to keep me honest. Just imagining the reaction and/or trying to get 'em off was no fun. I was looking for an easier option, and it seems like there are lots out there! :)

That is when I was born :) I heard about burning bras but gosh I didn't think people actually did it, and what is a maxi dress?

The maxi-dress was just a cotton, flowery, dress to the ground. Used to wear them to all the "concerts". At the "Wakins Glen" concert in NY I had on this new tie dyed dress. It rained, and I turned green. I was in the minority that had clothes on. :eek: . Never burnt a bra, but saw it done. Yep, I am older but 30 at heart and a 40 year old body. :D

Sheesh, that's exactly what I wanted to avoid! I'm a baggage handler, so, 99% of my coworkers are men. Summer is always fun for me when I get into the air conditioning. :eek: LOL

I saw that pic! Someone sent it to me in one of those "priceless" type emails. Pretty girl, big huge smile, arms around a couple guys I think, big old shiny streak of duct tape across the tops of her boobs. :eek:

Well the duct tape isn't supposed to show:eek: Unless of course that's the look you're going for:confused:

I found the most effective high beam cover was to buy a very thin mini pad with an adhesive strip. Cut the pad in 1/4s (or 1/3's depending on pad length), stick the adhesive strip against the inside of the bra, and you have a very effective cover.

Oh what memories! My DH is a musician, we were married in 1969 (both of us 18) & he played all the music festivals in Ontario & N.Y. There were us girls in our flowing maxi dresses or minis with no bras. One time we dressed inone piece jumpsuites, you know the ones with bell bottoms,

long bell sleaves, wide belt & huge belt buckle. They were a bright

orange with a wide white band around the chest area. Very cool. :cool: So we decided to cut pieces of duct tape for the nipple coverage cause we were going to be bouncing around (gogo style) on stage for a special show. Then they turned on the black lights!!!!!! :eek: Black lights or strobe lights were very popular back then but they made anything white disappear. There we were thinking we were real cool with our dayglo orange jumpsuites, gogo boots & silver patches stuck on our chests. What a class act we were! Never wear white under a black light.:D

I'm small-chested (A cup), but a perpetual "high beamer" too, and I hate it. I'm too shy to have the silly things going YOOHOOOOOO, LOOKIT THESE!!!!! all day. :D

I have been a bandaid user since 7th grade when my home ec teacher clued us in about them. My "beams" are so beamy I have to use giant bandaids, which can get expensive. I much prefer these, which are made of silicone and feel much better than bandaids:

http://www.target.com/Beautiful-You-Breast-Petals-Skin/dp/B000NGIWMY

They have a self-adhesive backing that you can hand-wash over and over again. I've also gotten shelf-bra camis and sewn in soft cups made for swimsuits, but I like my little pasties better. :)

Really? What "day" was that? I'm 38 and I don't remember there being a day in the last 38 yrs when bras weren't worn...enlighten me.:confused:

Tee Hee . . . back in the late 60's and early 70's when I was about a size 32 AA . . . (and I was in my twenties) I didn't wear a bra most of the time either. The only time I wore a bra was when I wore my uniform (I was a flight attendant for nearly twenty-one years) or dressed up to go to a club in the evening . . . then I wore a 32B . . . padded to the hilt!

Now I wear a 40D and the thought of going without a bra is not a pretty picture . . . . :p

Oh what memories! My DH is a musician, we were married in 1969 (both of us 18) & he played all the music festivals in Ontario & N.Y. There were us girls in our flowing maxi dresses or minis with no bras. One time we dressed inone piece jumpsuites, you know the ones with bell bottoms,

long bell sleaves, wide belt & huge belt buckle. They were a bright

orange with a wide white band around the chest area. Very cool. :cool: So we decided to cut pieces of duct tape for the nipple coverage cause we were going to be bouncing around (gogo style) on stage for a special show. Then they turned on the black lights!!!!!! :eek: Black lights or strobe lights were very popular back then but they made anything white disappear. There we were thinking we were real cool with our dayglo orange jumpsuites, gogo boots & silver patches stuck on our chests. What a class act we were! Never wear white under a black light.:D

Not to hijack a thread but,

what color were your gogo boots? Mine were white. I wore them to the Janice Joplin concert at the Filmore West in SF. We were on the lower level. The top level showered the lower level with joints. :p Boy, those were the days.

Not to hijack a thread but,

what color were your gogo boots? Mine were white. I wore them to the Janice Joplin concert at the Filmore West in SF. We were on the lower level. The top level showered the lower level with joints. :p Boy, those were the days.

Of course my go-go boots were white! With tiny little mini skirts and long falls (fake hair) with eyelashes pasted on that went up to your eyebrows and enough eye make-up to sink a battle ship. Darn . . . were we ever cute! NOT . . . but we sure did think we were with the strobe lights and Janice singing "Me and Bobby McGee." Ahhh . . . those were the days my friend! :D

Of course my go-go boots were white! With tiny little mini skirts and long falls (fake hair) with eyelashes pasted on that went up to your eyebrows and enough eye make-up to sink a battle ship. Darn . . . were we ever cute! NOT . . . but we sure did think we were with the strobe lights and Janice singing "Me and Bobby McGee." Ahhh . . . those were the days my friend! :D

:p :p Ha! Don't forget the white lipstick! :D

Archived