Dimming the headlights...

mics pics

No WAY! :D

Can you believe ppl are wearing high waisted jeans (aka mom jeans) again? Dunno if I can do it...

I defintely can NOT. Ugh - too uncomfortable, never mind the way they look. Anything that fits around my waist better be a lightweight fabric, and loose. Most of my pants now - even my dress pants - sit low. Soooo much more comfy. I am long-waisted, so that fit is pretty easy to find these days. But some are cut so long they almost sit right under my boobs! :p

Ghastly! Am I allowed to say "ick"?? ;)

Come to think of it I had some older cousins that we saw a few times a year, they dressed like this when I was a kid. I just thought they were weird! LOL!

I TOTALLY agree. I can not STAND these dresses! I didn't like them in the 70's, and they look even uglier now. :cool:

Hi:

Love this thread. It has brought back so many memories. I remember having a maxi dress in the 70's...weren't they also called "granny dresses"?

And back then, I was young and in good shape and didn't need to hide my whole body. Now that I am a "granny", there is no way I would wear one of them.:eek: But boy back then, everyone thought they were the thing to wear. :D I also can't believe the "disco clothes" that I wore in the 70's; we all thought we looked good in those clothes. My DH and I look at the pictures of what we wore in the 70's; him in his plaid bell bottom pants and high heeled boot/shoes, and his hair was long; and me in "hot pants"....I could pull off wearing them when I was in my 20's. Anyone remember "hot pants"?

Happy Cruising....Sparkle 10 (Anita)

Ok wild guess--the blue and the yellow with orange flowers are current?

One for two.;)

Blue current as well as that hideous thing hanging on the door.

Anyhows...back to the headlights. I rather like the idea of the mini pads stuck to the bra rather than something stuck to the beamers.:cool:

One for two.;)

Blue current as well as that hideous thing hanging on the door.

The yellow with orange looks just like a print on a sofa we had in our living room growing up. It's very similar to the one on they had on "Married with Children." :D

Yep, 38! Wow, where did the time go? But they must be right about 40 being the new 30 because I sure don't feel/act 'older.'

And I plan on being that way forever.

Although the lady at the Lancome counter insulted me indirectly the other day when she told me I needed to be more diligent about wrinkle cream. Hey! :(

Ahhhh to be in my thirties again. I remember when they used to say . . . "never trust anyone over thirty" . . . hum, my son is now thirty! :p

Jungle Jane, I remember the 80's well... I play BUNKO once a month and every once in a while we "Theme" it.tomorrow night we are having 80's Bunko:D I thought I'd just wear giant "Crispy" hair as I used to call it and some huge dress shoulder pads taped to my tank top:D :p . think a lot of the dress styles today are very 70's looking....they were ugly then and they're ugly now.

Don't mean to sound conceited but I'm soon to be 55. I don't look anywhere close and have a body at least 15 years younger (and it's killing me to keep it that way too!) I can wear a lot of the stuff they are making today but so much of it all looks the same with cheap fabrics....I won't wear anything that even remotely reminds me of the 70's...era of the ugliest clothes in history IMHO. So much of it looks like Maternity tops with beading! I've had my share of maternity tops too!I have two grown daughters who just roll their eyes and smile hoping that Mother one day will grow up. I have a new Grandson and his Mother refers to me as "Grandma Mame!" I wish I was this young and daring when I was young and daring!:p :p :p

Ahhhh to be in my thirties again. I remember when they used to say . . . "never trust anyone over thirty" . . . hum, my son is now thirty! :p

Now what should we say:p ,don't trust anyone under thirty?:D

To be in my thirties again I would definately have to know what I know NOW!

So much of it looks like Maternity tops with beading! I've had my share of maternity tops too!

Speaking of maternity tops...what with those things on the racks right now...look maternityie to me.:eek: Guess they're good to conceal something and not to sound conceited either but I don't need that.:p There are better ways to camouflage than having all that extra fabric.

Anyhows...back to the headlights. I rather like the idea of the mini pads stuck to the bra rather than something stuck to the beamers.:cool:

I should have said thin panty liner, not a mini pad. I think even a thin mini pad would be too thick and show as a square bump.

I'm seeing a lot of polyester dresses out ther that look strikingly like ones from the 60's-70's. Didn't like them then and wouldn't wear the now.

20ee_2.JPGlpre.jpg fd82_1_sbl.JPGcc95_1.JPG

Boy were we sexy or what? Why or why did they bring these things back? You know it's got to be someone of the younger generation that has never worn pollyester on a hot summers day. I remember when crimpolene (sp?) first hit the market, my mom though it was a gift from the gods. She made me pant suites that would just not wear out & you couldn't damage them no matter how hard you tried (& believe me I tried). She would put a huge hem on them & I swear I had to wear them for 3 years straight. I think we all went around with a bottle of "Evening In Paris", not because we thought it was to die for, more because we probably stunk like polcats under all that crimp.

No WAY! :D

Actually I am not surprised, the way trends come back all the time.

Can you believe ppl are wearing high waisted jeans (aka mom jeans) again? Dunno if I can do it...

I usually live by the rule that if you wore a trend the first time it came around, by the time it comes around again you are too old to pull it off. I have broken the rule a few times...

Hmmmmm...

NOOOOOO!!! :eek: I will NOT wear Mom Jeans! I am short waisted, and low-rises come up to my belly button. When I wear Mom Jeans, the waistband comes up to my bra strap! EEEEEEEEEEEE!

Welcome to my nightmare....:rolleyes:

I would never be caught dead in any of those dresses . . . then or now (what in the heck?). Bell bottoms and skinny tops (that didn't reach the top of the bell bottoms which we wore on our hips), dresses that barely covered your butt (even my uniforms were so short . . . I was afraid to bend over in the galley), paisley prints and geo patterns (think the English invasion and all those go-go fashions) and peasant, flowing blouses were what I and my friend wore . . . never anything like those "granny" dresses!

I talked to one of my former flying partners last night (best friend for over forty years . . . we were maid-of-honor in each other weddings in 1968 for her and 1973 for me). I told her about this link and my walk down memory lane. We had a ball talking about fashion and the crazy things we did back then. If the kids dressed the way we did at some of the clubs we went to . . . with dresses so short . . . they'd probably be arrested for . . . well, either indecent exposure or solicitation. But everyone at the clubs dressed like that back in the 60's and early 70's. Even then, we used to joke about how "fake" we were . . . false hair pieces that went up to there and down to there, false eyelashes, false nails, false boobs and enough make up to . . . as I said in another post . . . to sink a battle ship! Too darn funny!!!!!! :) :D :p

OK ladies...here goes.:o

This picture was taken on my very first visit to Bermuda with my mother during winter break from college. DH will say when I put on a long shirt, "I remeber when you wore dresses that short...sigh."

Copyofscan0001.jpg

WHO'S NEXT???:D

OK ladies...here goes.:o

This picture was taken on my very first visit to Bermuda with my mother during winter break from college. ....

WHO'S NEXT???:D

Holy cow, you're so CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Wow! Look at those legs!

Gorgeous!

Hmmm, I'll have to figure out how to scan photos of me in the 80s. I totally had the permed hair. UGH! At least I finally got wise and just chopped off all the hair. I hate fine hair.

I went to work straight out of high school, so I'm finally now going to college. Let me tell you, being 38 and going to school with kids who aren't even 21 yet is a shocker. I try to stay kind of current with some styles but frankly they are either so ugly or so young I'd look like an idiot. But I still like the lower rise jeans. I don't show off thongs or anything like that but I'd rather hide my little pooch under a loose shirt rather than have it bulge through mommy jeans. Yikes. I am trying to shake the muffin top before cruise time, though.

Sometimes I have to watch myself because when the girls walk into a classroom in something totally revealing I just stare. They must think I'm a pervert. Young ladies are either getting bustier or those push up bras are really the rage.

My mom just about had a heart attack when I flew to visit them once and was wearing a somewhat low cut (nothing dramatic by far) shirt. No cleavage or anything and my bikini shows more. She still had a fit. I can just imagine what her reaction would be if she saw the girls I see every day. :p

Wow, look what I started! I like the mini pad idea too, especially in bras. I still haven't gone to try out the other ideas yet, during the week is hard for me since I have to study. And catch up on the boards. :D

I got these from a friend at work. Same thing just different brand. Came with instructions. lol. Omg we had a blast with me trying to put them on while another read directions. They actually stayed in place after I got them to match up. (not one lower then the other!) Well I figured I will put them on Sat. wear them around the hose while cleaning to see if they gonna stay put. God knows the face I would make if sitting at dinner and one popped off!

Mic, I find the best way to get a pic scanned is to skip the scanner, get the right lighting and take a dig pic of a print. That is how I did this one:

KissingMistyDolphinCoveOchoRiosJama.jpg

If I bothered to crop out the table you can see along the top edge you may never even know it's a dig pic of a print.

Since you said you'll be brave and post some 80's pics I'll do the same. I'll dig 'em out and try to get a couple on here in the next couple of days.

Yes, that was a warning! LOL! :p

LOL - this has been the funniest post. As a teen in the 70's, I do remember maxi dresses & caftans (my mom made several & we used to 'lounge' in them). As far as bra burning, I didn't have anything to put a bra on until almost the middle of the 70's, so I didn't get in on all that. As far as headlights, I always buy bras with a bit of padding to keep that from happening. At my age, going without is not an option.

Mic, I find the best way to get a pic scanned is to skip the scanner, get the right lighting and take a dig pic of a print. That is how I did this one:

Since you said you'll be brave and post some 80's pics I'll do the same. I'll dig 'em out and try to get a couple on here in the next couple of days.

Yes, that was a warning! LOL! :p

That's funny, that's exactly how I got my avatar photo. I just took the digital pic of the official photo I bought.

Ok, that's a deal, I will dig through and find some scary ones. They're all scary! ;) Might not be for a couple days, but I'll do it.

Archived