Dimming the headlights...

mics pics

:p :p Ha! Don't forget the white lipstick! :D

Omigawd... that stuff! Hehe... we all thought it was so cool. What it really looked like was first aid for a burn. :rolleyes:

And remember Nehru jackets? Blue-crayon eyeshodow? White fishnets? Funky flowers? Shiny vinyl dresses? And those silly porkpie hats with the sunglasses attached?

Those were the days... yikes!

White gogo boots & don't forget the head band, Indian style with your long hair parted down the middle your head band holding it all just so & your roach clip with feathers dangling from the head band. Thought we looked just like Buffy St. Marie. Haratchi sandals too! And huge tie dyed mens tee shirts over your hardly there bikini. Boy were we cool. I'd just die if anyone ever seen some of the pictures that are floating around.

White gogo boots & don't forget the head band, Indian style with your long hair parted down the middle your head band holding it all just so & your roach clip with feathers dangling from the head band. Thought we looked just like Buffy St. Marie. Haratchi sandals too! And huge tie dyed mens tee shirts over your hardly there bikini. Boy were we cool. I'd just die if anyone ever seen some of the pictures that are floating around.

I had to google Buffy St. Marie for a pic. WOW. Who was she?

Roach clip with feathers!!! :p

You guys are cracking me up! Growing up in the 70s, I had tons and tons of hand me downs that just made me groan. Guess I was kind of a bratty kid. :rolleyes: But now reading your posts kinda has me nostalgic for some of those clothes. Of course, wearing 60s and 70s clothes as a 7 year old is a lot different than wearing them when you were a cool twenty-something and those clothes were actually in style. :)

Wish you had a pic too! This is definitely entertaining...

Oh, and now I know what my mom meant all those years ago when she said one day I'd be grateful I was flat as a board. As a bit of weight piles on, the ability to go without support is dwindling. Owie.

Of course my go-go boots were white! With tiny little mini skirts and long falls (fake hair) with eyelashes pasted on that went up to your eyebrows and enough eye make-up to sink a battle ship. Darn . . . were we ever cute! NOT . . . but we sure did think we were with the strobe lights and Janice singing "Me and Bobby McGee." Ahhh . . . those were the days my friend! :D

Yeah man here we were....:D

http://www.sarget.com/Watclip9.html

You know you've made a dent in our culture when the kids of today are asking to dress up as hippies for halloween. It either means that they think we looked great or we looked weird, but most definitely halloween material. Now I just have to hope that my granddaughters don't ask for my nipple tape. :)

You know you've made a dent in our culture when the kids of today are asking to dress up as hippies for halloween. It either means that they think we looked great or we looked weird, but most definitely halloween material. Now I just have to hope that my granddaughters don't ask for my nipple tape. :)

Thanks for the laugh!! :p :p

wearing 60s and 70s clothes as a 7 year old is a lot different than wearing them when you were a cool twenty-something and those clothes were actually in style.

You must be right around my age then...38? That is exactly how I felt! LOL!

Really? What "day" was that? I'm 38 and I don't remember there being a day in the last 38 yrs when bras weren't worn...enlighten me.:confused:

I too am 38 and I remember that my mom had a pin that said "ban the bra". She often did not wear one. Must have been one of those 60's and 70's thing.

Come on Jungle Jane... you mean to tell me you never saw any pictures of the 60 and 70's...impossible,.... the most famous era EVER!!! We were cute and cool, all those baby boomers who spoke of peace and love and dressed accordingly are now dyed in the wool Repuplicans for the most part. White eye shodow, white lipstick and a little bit of white eye shadow under the eye,like a racoon! Remember ironing your hair on the ironing board?:p 55 years old and I can still wear a mini... not that I would, My daughters would have a coronary..I think I'm much "younger " than they are anyway.:eek:

Yep, 38! Wow, where did the time go? But they must be right about 40 being the new 30 because I sure don't feel/act 'older.'

And I plan on being that way forever.

Although the lady at the Lancome counter insulted me indirectly the other day when she told me I needed to be more diligent about wrinkle cream. Hey! :(

Come on Jungle Jane... you mean to tell me you never saw any pictures of the 60 and 70's...impossible,.... the most famous era EVER!!! We were cute and cool, all those baby boomers who spoke of peace and love and dressed accordingly are now dyed in the wool Repuplicans for the most part. White eye shodow, white lipstick and a little bit of white eye shadow under the eye,like a racoon! Remember ironing your hair on the ironing board?:p 55 years old and I can still wear a mini... not that I would, My daughters would have a coronary..I think I'm much "younger " than they are anyway.:eek:

Of course I've seen pics, but that's not the same as experiencing it. It's much more foreign to me b'c my parents were 10-15 yrs older than all my friend's parents so they were stuck in the 50's when it was the 70's! No 70's trends in my upbringing other than my double knit polyester bell bottoms in every color, my Easter "maxi" dress, and a few mini dresses.

I am a child of the 80's. You want to talk about trends to remember?? mics pics back me up here! DHW too! Nothing better than high waisted pegged skin tight jordache or vidal sasoon jeans, either super dark or acid washed, or parachute pants! Neon colored shirts that said RELAX on them, across-the-forehead headbands with crimped hair, maybe in a banana clip or with some barrettes with ribbons hanging off them in the early 80's or HUGE permed teased hair out to < there > in the late 80's! My Members Only jacket or Michael Jackson thriller jacket with a lace "crop top" with bra showing underneath, praying my mom or dad didn't see it on me as I snuck out of the house! My Reebok high tops or Capezios with my socks scrunched, my jelly bracelets and my Swatch watch, screaming bright wet n wild eyeshadow/liner mascara in blue, purple or green, neon nail polish and Love's Baby Soft...my boyfriend with his pastel Izod shirt with the collar popped, white painters pants or cavaricci's and chuck taylors, and a 6 inch rat tail that he'd let me braid. Ahhhh, those were the days :)

Yep, 38! Wow, where did the time go? But they must be right about 40 being the new 30 because I sure don't feel/act 'older.'

Although the lady at the Lancome counter insulted me indirectly the other day when she told me I needed to be more diligent about wrinkle cream. Hey! :(

Same here!

Lacome lady was just trying to sell you something. You look mahvelous dahling! :D

I'm seeing a lot of polyester dresses out ther that look strikingly like ones from the 60's-70's. Didn't like them then and wouldn't wear the now.

20ee_2.JPGlpre.jpg fd82_1_sbl.JPGcc95_1.JPG

Ghastly! Am I allowed to say "ick"?? ;)

Come to think of it I had some older cousins that we saw a few times a year, they dressed like this when I was a kid. I just thought they were weird! LOL!

When I was about 8 or 9 we had a teenage babysitter that wore skimpy see thru white eyelet halter tops and short shorts and Dr Scholls, I wanted to wear clothes like her soooooooooooo bad...my mom said she was a "tramp." LOL! I got the Dr Scholls, but the rest was out of the question.

Ghastly! Am I allowed to say "ick"?? ;)

Come to think of it I had some older cousins that we saw a few times a year, they dressed like this when I was a kid. I just thought they were weird! LOL!

Two of them are actually CURRENT dresses.:p

Two of them are actually CURRENT dresses.:p

No WAY! :D

Actually I am not surprised, the way trends come back all the time.

Can you believe ppl are wearing high waisted jeans (aka mom jeans) again? Dunno if I can do it...

I usually live by the rule that if you wore a trend the first time it came around, by the time it comes around again you are too old to pull it off. I have broken the rule a few times...

Hmmmmm...

I too am 38 and I remember that my mom had a pin that said "ban the bra". She often did not wear one. Must have been one of those 60's and 70's thing.

:eek: Whew, I am too young to have a 38 year old daughter. Thank goodness. Had to be a 60's thing.

:)

Ignore her...You have the right mindset and will be forever young. :D

Archived