Dimming the headlights...

mics pics

Hi all,

Has anyone tried the adhesive fabric petals that can be worn to quiet down the poke through issues?

Did you find that they worked? Fall off? Take half your skin when you try to take them off? :eek:

I've usually worn extra large band aids but was wondering if the petals were more elegant or comfortable. Band-aids sure are cheaper :rolleyes:

There are so, so many kinds of nipple covers out on the internet...I don't even know where to begin!

Hi all,

Has anyone tried the adhesive fabric petals that can be worn to quiet down the poke through issues? Yup, I don't like 'em.

Did you find that they worked? Yes. Fall off? No.Take half your skin when you try to take them off? :eek: Heck Yes! YEOWCH! :eek:

I've usually worn extra large band aids but was wondering if the petals were more elegant or comfortable. Band-aids sure are cheaper :rolleyes: Good golly I've never heard of such a thing! You are clever!

There are so, so many kinds of nipple covers out on the internet...I don't even know where to begin!

I wore those way back when I was in my teens and just about tore my nipples off! Maybe a little lotion "there" might help them come off a bit easier? These days at 36C my girls need a bit of support and not just nip coverage so those babies don't cut it anymore.

Good luck! I know Target has them cheap. Back in the day I could only find them at Macy's and I spent my whole allowance on them! LOL!

I can't take credit for the band-aids, a friend at my old job suggested them. She said to just use the little round ones but apparently my headlights are always on high beam because that didn't work for me! :p

I'm only a 34B so I could go braless all the time if it weren't for the constant nipple show through.

I really don't want to be stared at constantly!

I've been seeing stuff about silicone nipple covers, may look into those. I'll make a Macy's and Kohl's run soon. Good excuse to go shopping. ;)

Bras are no problem in my everyday wear, but a few of my dinner dresses are very clingy material, and the bras I've tried on leave bulges and bumps all over, looks better without one.

I was just trying to look nice, that's all.

Didn't realize I was in the minority trying to cover up the nipples poking out. :o

Bras are no problem in my everyday wear, but a few of my dinner dresses are very clingy material, and the bras I've tried on leave bulges and bumps all over, looks better without one.

I was just trying to look nice, that's all.

Didn't realize I was in the minority trying to cover up the nipples poking out. :o

You're not in the minority, at least by my standards. I tried the breast petals and they didn't stick real well. Since then I've gone back to regular bandaids. Not giant ones, just regular sized ones. I'll stick down half of it, then pull it across just enough to get "that area" flat, but not too tight to create a dent. I'd say stick with bandaids :)

Really? What "day" was that? I'm 38 and I don't remember there being a day in the last 38 yrs when bras weren't worn...enlighten me.:confused:

My guess is the "days" before some of us were even old enough to wear a bra (of course, in my day (pre-Under-roo's) we didn't wear bras until we hit 5th or 6th grade!)

My daughter and niece use the petals regularly. They both work jobs where they must meet the public regularly and it is part of maintaining a professional image - They want people to pay attention to what they are saying, not their breasts

Whenever I see them at a good discount, I pick up some for my daughter. I have had good luck at Steinmart.

BTW - Steinmart has Spanx footless hose half price too,

I googled nipple covers and found several things. But this one I thought might really work: They are called Nippets and here's a description of them:

Nippits™are unique, padless, painless to remove nipple concealment strips that are totally effective for those moments when women DO NOT want their nipples to show. Nippits™ are the first physician-designed and patented product that replaces old adhesive methods such as bandage tape, bulky glue on cups and daisy shaped pasties that are ineffective.

Nippits™ can be worn all day and are so light that you forget they are on,” according to company President and CEO, Sheila Johnson. “Another amazing quality of the product is its ability to stay on even under wet bathing suits. A costume designer from the new film Matrix II recently ordered 3,000 pairs to outfit the entire film project!”

Nippits™ are the perfect solutionfor times when you do not want your nipples to show.

Each package contains five (5) pairs of sheer Nippits™ nipple covers.

The website where I found these is www.galapagosboutique.com.

I hope this helps.:)

Thanks so much!

I really appreciate all the opinions and ideas...going to check out the Nippits. Never even thought about wearing them with a swimsuit!

This will help ease my self-consciousness - thanks! :D

I bought one of these at Walmart to wear with one of my formal dresses. I haven't actually tried it yet but will soon. I like the fact that it's washable & reuseable. Hopefully it will work out well as I need support more than coverage.

Really? What "day" was that? I'm 38 and I don't remember there being a day in the last 38 yrs when bras weren't worn...enlighten me.:confused:

The "days" were the late 60's, early 70's. :D It was all about burning the bra, maxi dresses and peace signs. Yes, I was one of them. :p

The "days" were the late 60's, early 70's. :D It was all about burning the bra, maxi dresses and peace signs. Yes, I was one of them. :p

That is when I was born :) I heard about burning bras but gosh I didn't think people actually did it, and what is a maxi dress?

Even with a bra they sometimes protrude when wearing a tight solid colored shirt, which I find embarrassing in the office. I also use band-aids in the summer because our A/C is chilly. :rolleyes:

The bandaid thing cracks me up, never heard of it and here you all are talking about your bandaids and petals and nippits LOL! I am always cold but often have multiple layers on so I guess I don't notice the beams as much as others. I'll keep the bandaid thing in mind just-in-case. We learn a lot on these boards, don't we!

I live in florida and I wear the round band aids or the petals often with certain tops. Going from the extreme heat to the freezing air conditioning can cause quite a definate reaction in the aforementioned area;) The way people dess in Florida, Petals,hollywood brand of tapes in all shapes and sizes and the under the bust "bralessbras" are everywhere. Also, just to mention, I never actually burned my bra during certain years in the 70's but i went to lots of classes in college without one on,it was fashionable to do so,especially in things like those puckered peasant tops.:eek: Now, two kids later and the girls a 36 D...I would never. Bras are my friend (most of the time):D

:D HONESTLY

I just use duct tape..

Yes you heard me, lol Duct tape when i can not wear a bra...

Ancient Fashion Industry trick:eek:

I have used duct tape to eliminate the "Chicken Cutlets" in front of your armpits...for certain dresses or gowns,works great. Models use duct tape all the time to "create" Boobs.

Archived