My $8,000.00 Samsonite Luggage Arrived

4x4bob

Today I found a package on the front pourch that contained a 24" Samsonite luggage, valued at $8,000.00, sent by Princess. ;) It arrived 45 days before I depart on my Free Princess Cruise. Hmmm, mabey I had better take another look at my paper work to make sure I have the prices right.:D

Any way, it arrived before I departed. I was a little concerned I would be sitting on the Lideo Deck and the luggage would be sitting on my front pourch telling the world I was not home.

Bob

Wish84;

Last year for short period of time Princess had a Promo offering a free piece of Samsonite Luggage if you booked a cruise.

However, from other posts it seems the offer was also handled by the Upgrade Fairy. Some got the offer and others did not.

Bob

Your post made me laugh - I just purchased a 5 piece set of 'non Samsonite' luggage yesterday for my son - 3 various size rolling bags, shave kit and tote for $70....guess I should have gotten the $8000 suitcase instead:p . Hope it lasts you a lifetime OR at least for your first cruise....

Don-D;

You must not have put a quarter under your pillow for the Upgrade Fairy to encourage her to ship your luggage.;) Also, you needed the control number from the promo when you booked your crusie, was this submitted?

Our Princess Personalizer stated that our luggage would ship 24 May 08 which was the day we are going to board the Emerald Princess.

However, the luggage was shipped 1 April 08 and arrived 7 April 08.

Others have also reported lack of understanding as to how this program works.

Have you called Princess to inquire about the status of your luggage?

Bob

Glad you got your luggage I think you may need it. We got back from Caribbean 6th April 08 to find we now have to replace 2 pieces of luggage as they were totally wrecked when pickied up at the airport. I think the damage ws probably done on the ship i.e. piling luggage on top of each other without due care and attention. Everthing in one of the cases was soaking wet and when we left Montego Bay it was pouring down.

I always 'line' my luggage with plastic garbage bags (cut at the seams to fit) just in case my luggage is piled on the docks and it is raining....or at an airport waiting to load etc. My 'packing' has always stayed dry that way......try it! ;)

I always 'line' my luggage with plastic garbage bags (cut at the seams to fit) just in case my luggage is piled on the docks and it is raining....or at an airport waiting to load etc. My 'packing' has always stayed dry that way......try it! ;)

Great idea -- thanks!!

Received our 24" upright piece of Samsonite luggage last week. about 40 days before we board Tahitian Princess here in Hawaii to Vancouver, BC.

We did nothing to get this. Maybe our TA did something, don't know. If I hadn't read about this offer on CC I would be wondering why we got this.

I never take new luggage with me unless I am personally carrying it. It seems like every time I check my luggage, it ends up beat to he** by either the airline or cruiseline. On my last cruise I discovered quite a large gash on the front of one piece of luggage. Luckily, I had duct tape with me, and used it on the inside of the gash to make the luggage useable. No more checking of new luggage for me. :eek: :p

Received our 24" upright piece of Samsonite luggage last week. about 40 days before we board Tahitian Princess here in Hawaii to Vancouver, BC.

We did nothing to get this. Maybe our TA did something, don't know. If I hadn't read about this offer on CC I would be wondering why we got this.

Lucky you! I had to 'fight' to get mine!! ;)

I never take new luggage with me unless I am personally carrying it. :p

We had to do just that on our last cruise flying into Rome, the old luggage just couldn't take one more trip. We decided with the sea of black and blue we wanted something different. We purchased a new set of 'copper colored' luggage (thankfully at a close out sale online). As we checked in our luggage, even security mentioned what a great idea it was because the color was so easy to spot.

Fast Forward to claiming our luggage when we arrived in Rome. :eek: :eek: We barely could recognize it, even with the copper color. It was so scared up, so dirty, it looked like it had made the trip by open trailer exposed to the elemants from MCI all the way to Rome. My DH kept bypassing it as he didn't think it was ours. What a mess.

Don-D;

You must not have put a quarter under your pillow for the Upgrade Fairy to encourage her to ship your luggage.;) Also, you needed the control number from the promo when you booked your crusie, was this submitted?

Our Princess Personalizer stated that our luggage would ship 24 May 08 which was the day we are going to board the Emerald Princess.

However, the luggage was shipped 1 April 08 and arrived 7 April 08.

Others have also reported lack of understanding as to how this program works.

Have you called Princess to inquire about the status of your luggage?

Bob

I was just wondering where you heard about the promotion, and the time frame for booking. We booked three rooms last year and never heard about the luggage offer, probably we booked the day after it ended.

The luggage promo was hit and miss. Some received it, some did not. If you booked during the specific time frame, and you were targeted for the promotion, then normally you got the offer. But many did not receive this promo, as said, it was a targeted promotion which doesn't include everyone.

The luggage promo was hit and miss. Some received it, some did not. If you booked during the specific time frame, and you were targeted for the promotion, then normally you got the offer. But many did not receive this promo, as said, it was a targeted promotion which doesn't include everyone.

Thanks for the information. We booked in July, probably before the promotion. I was just going through some old mail received from cruise lines and realized I don't get anything from Princess even after all the cruises we have been on with them. I will have to call and inquire about mailings. Thanks again, Susan

Thanks for the information. We booked in July, probably before the promotion. I was just going through some old mail received from cruise lines and realized I don't get anything from Princess even after all the cruises we have been on with them. I will have to call and inquire about mailings. Thanks again, Susan

I called Princess and we had been somehow taken off the mailing list two years ago. We are back on now, that explains why we not have heard about the luggage. I was told the luggage promotion was for people that had one cruise but not as many as we do, so that cancelled the three roooms we booked.

Archived