Kid bashing

Kineticoh20

Wrong!! The behavior of kids anywhere directly relates to how their parents are raising them. Bad parenting makes for rotten kids.

It's not the ships fault that Mr. and Mrs. Boobus has raised a bunch of rude' date=' smart-alec, loud-mouthed brats who have never been taught manners or respect. The parents turn these untrained, unmannered social misfits loose onboard and hope they stay away.

Mannered behavior is a "learned" skill. If the parents are riff-raff, the children will also be.[/quote']

Good point....

Bob

Future: Diamond Princess Aus/Nz 01/09

Future: Emerald Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/08

Constellation British Isles/Norway 07/06

Summit Alaska Repositioning 05/05

Summit Panama Canal 10/02

Rhapsody Of The Seas Alaska 09/01

Spledour Of The Seas Baltic 09/99

Veendam Eastern Caribbean 07/96

Holiday Western Carribean 07/93

I really don't notice the roudiness or maybe I'm not looking for it. My kids are 14 and 10. We purposly did not do these type of vacations while they were younger, instead waiting till they understood how to be good vacationers.. Princess really does a great job with the kids. My two really enjoy the teen and kid centers. On sea days the spend most all there time there. I know it's a compliment but it kind of irritates me when 10 or more people per cruise tell the wife and I how well mannered our kids are. I know it's a compliment but it still hits a nerve. How would it look if I went up to complete strangers and said how well mannered your husband is tonight:eek: I have never heard an announcement like the one you commented on, not even last year on the Diamond durring Easter when there were 900 kids on board. Actually it was a great cruise.

Theoretically you would be responsible for having taught your children good manners. Your husband, presumably an adult, would either have expected manners or be beyond help by the time you acquired him. This is why the former is a compliment, and the latter is strange.

If you don't like talking to well intentioned strangers, it's funny cruising is your vacation choice, since people do seem to interact more than in other venues :rolleyes:

Personally I'd be very happy with a kid free cruise. We normally travel with 30 yr old couples all of us do not have kids. Why a kid free zone... it's simply kids are louder, the small ones cry, some parents don't even seem to know where their kids are, and just in general we don't have them so why would we want other people's kids around.

My friend at work just had a baby and he said he has to admint that his thoughts on kids in public changed a lot in just this 1st 4 months. He used to hate kids in public, but now is so much better at handling their antics. I think a lot of parents especially those who had kids young don't remember how it is to not "love" having kids around.

We all have to get along on the topic, I really just wish parents would do the parenting and not have everyone one on the boat having to watch their children because they're sleeping in their cabin while their monster is at the pool. Its those sistuations that would have me as one of the 1st to sign up for cruises that were 21+

Archived