Ship on a stick?

mics pics

Dh and I won the Trivia contest on the Valor. They had it on the three sea days and then added the scores up for the three days. Funny thing, DH got a ship that said Carnival Valor, no surprise but mine said Carnival Liberty:rolleyes: Both the same ship and neither one was designed like the Valor. I did bring it to school though since we had a Brain Bowl and I was trying to drum up student participation. The fact that their teacher won a SOAS was a real motivator.

Fred posted on his Live from the Freedom thread that the red, white, and blue color game was out. So, are the solid gold plastic trophies coming back?

I won one way back in '94 and who knows where it ended up. :( I've read in past threads that people were winning them in trivia contests. Are they still going that or is it the medals now?

Are the color games still happening on other ships?

Trying to let a friend of mine who is going on her first cruise know what kind of fun games they do. :D

TIA

I won a ship on a stick trophy on the Inspiration March 20th cruise. I won the music trivia with the piano bar singer guy picking the songs and playing them. No words. Got 17 out of 20. Yaaaahoooo.....

They were still doing the red and blue thing also....

Oh yes...for other trivia games they were giving medals.....;)

Of the 28, the most treasured one was obtained on the Fantasy when it sailed from Port Canaveral in 2003.

Since 1998, when we started sailing as a family, we would always get at least 2 Ships on a Stick. One for me singing in the Talent Show and oldest son would always win "something" at Camp Carnival. Well, our youngest son has Autism and of course would never win any of the Camp Carnival games.

One afternoon, when I was talking with the CD Mark Price after one of his Q and A sessions, our oldest son came bouncing up with yet another Ship On A Stick that he had won at Ping Pong. My youngest son was standing beside me and said " I guess I won't ever win one". I commented that he would one day and continued my conversation with Mark.

That evening was the Captains' Cocktail Party and as we were leaving the Party, Mark asked our youngest son to come to the stage. He presented our youngest son with his very first ship on a stick for being Mark's "favorite Jr cruiser"....complete with a picture of our son holding his SOAS being kissed on each cheek by the two beautiful Social Hosts. Our son was beaming.

The last SOAS (and the only one we got on the last cruise) was earned by our youngest son on his own. He is now 16 and he earned it by being the youngest Platinum member with the most cruises at the Past Cruisers Party.

And folks wonder why I am a cheerleader for Carnival???? This is just two of the many many stories I could tell of how they have always gone above and beyond for our son.

That is the sweetest story ever! I'm so glad your son got his very own SOAS. How wonderful!

My wife and I enjoy playing the triva games and have been fortunate to win it a few times. We would have 3 SOS but there were a brother and sister on 1 of our cruises who played triva every time we did and only got 1 question right. They were trying so hard and were so happy when they got 1 question finally right I gave them the Ship on Stick for there effort. Needless to say they were very happy and waved at us the rest of the cruise. Their mother pulled me aside on the next to last day to say thank you that it made their cruise. That felt 10 times better than winning :)

My wife and I enjoy playing the triva games and have been fortunate to win it a few times. We would have 3 SOS but there were a brother and sister on 1 of our cruises who played triva every time we did and only got 1 question right. They were trying so hard and were so happy when they got 1 question finally right I gave them the Ship on Stick for there effort. Needless to say they were very happy and waved at us the rest of the cruise. Their mother pulled me aside on the next to last day to say thank you that it made their cruise. That felt 10 times better than winning :)

What a great gesture, I have been LUCKY enough to win one. I do continue to play the trivia games and if LUCKY enough to win another I plan to pass it along to a good home.

i won my ship on a stick and medal by absolutely owning two older people at trivia. if i could take back all the brain space that i've filled w/ useless pop trivia, i could be a rocket scientist.

l_165ff496bfaa4db798fd6cef2543431b.jpg

Archived