Ship on a stick?

mics pics

Fred posted on his Live from the Freedom thread that the red, white, and blue color game was out. So, are the solid gold plastic trophies coming back?

I won one way back in '94 and who knows where it ended up. :( I've read in past threads that people were winning them in trivia contests. Are they still going that or is it the medals now?

Are the color games still happening on other ships?

Trying to let a friend of mine who is going on her first cruise know what kind of fun games they do. :D

TIA

Mine is proudly displayed on my desk!! I went through a divorce and this was the one thing I demanded I get. We actually won it playing a music trivia game. Told the ex we weren't going to do anything else until we won one. So, he saw that, we went, won the treasured prize and enjoyed the rest of the day by the pool. Mind you, the Ship on a Stick went with me wherever we were the rest of the cruise. Yeah, I'm a few fries short of a happy meal when it comes to cruising!! :rolleyes:

A ha! I'm thinking in my divorce that it ended up with him. :rolleyes: I won it on our honeymoon cruise and beat him in the limbo. He was so ticked off, since I beat him for it. He swore I cheated.

Hmmm, that must have been a sign. :p

Fred posted on his Live from the Freedom thread that the red, white, and blue color game was out. So, are the solid gold plastic trophies coming back?

I won one way back in '94 and who knows where it ended up. :( I've read in past threads that people were winning them in trivia contests. Are they still going that or is it the medals now?

Are the color games still happening on other ships?

Trying to let a friend of mine who is going on her first cruise know what kind of fun games they do. :D

TIA

I was on the Pride last October and the Elation in February. Both were still giving the "14 Carat Gold Plastic Ship On A Stick" for 1st prize winners of events. The medals were for 2nd and 3rd prize winners. I hope they don't stop giving those out.

I was on the Pride last October and the Elation in February. Both were still giving the "14 Carat Gold Plastic Ship On A Stick" for 1st prize winners of events. The medals were for 2nd and 3rd prize winners. I hope they don't stop giving those out.

Me neither...that's one of the reasons I sail Carnival!! :D

How many do you want??? :D :D

This was from our last cruise on Pride, we went with my BIL and his wife, and the 4 of us are really competitive....

WOW!! I guess you are competitive. What "games" did you play to win all of these?

Let's see...

The 4 of us won the Amazing Race & each got a ship, BIL won Fear Factor & DH came in second in that.... I won rock & roll trivia, BIL came in second in Survivor, SIL won some kind of trivia... I can't remember the rest, but it was a lot of fun! I think we competed in just about everything. That's what it's all about, getting out there & having fun! The 4 of us are going again in Sept together so we're out to get more of them!! :D

Let's see...

The 4 of us won the Amazing Race & each got a ship, BIL won Fear Factor & DH came in second in that.... I won rock & roll trivia, BIL came in second in Survivor, SIL won some kind of trivia... I can't remember the rest, but it was a lot of fun! I think we competed in just about everything. That's what it's all about, getting out there & having fun! The 4 of us are going again in Sept together so we're out to get more of them!! :D

Note to self...don't cruise when SandyToes is cruising...chances of me winning prized possession would be slim to none!! ;)

You're right....that's what it's all about....having fun!

Note to self...don't cruise when SandyToes is cruising...chances of me winning prized possession would be slim to none!! ;)

You're right....that's what it's all about....having fun!

LOL _ That is just what I was thinking! :D

We're a competitive bunch too - we can't wait! 70 days!

Why is it when I saw this thread I thought of Jeff Dunham's José Jalipeño?

We actually had the pleasure of seeing one of his shows on a Carnival ship years ago. Sorry, I can't remember which one. He is a hoot.

We have 28 Ships on a Stick (at last count)! :eek:

(plus about 8 medals)

We are just back from the Valor - they had the color game (I noticed it more than any other cruise I've been on), Ships on a Stick AND the medals! DH won a ship on a stick and a couple other people with us won medals.

On our Sensation cruise a month ago, they were still playing the Red and Blue game with points for each team. Also I won a 24 kt plastic ship on a stick for "name that tune" on that cruise last month. I sat it next to my other ship I won in trivia back in 2004 on the Elation. So as far as I know they are still awarding the 24 kt plastic ship on a stick trophy. BTW, last June I won a medal on a red, white and blue ribbon for trivia. I guess it depends on whatever they feel like awarding.

We actually had the pleasure of seeing one of his shows on a Carnival ship years ago. Sorry, I can't remember which one. He is a hoot.

We have 28 Ships on a Stick (at last count)! :eek:

(plus about 8 medals)

WOW, 28!!! And I thought I was doing good with 7 in 4 cruises. WTG!!!

The best chances to win are on port days, 1PM on the Lido deck for the trivia contest. Hardly anyone is there and the trivia is not that hard for 40+ year old people. :D

Good Luck!!

WOW, 28!!! And I thought I was doing good with 7 in 4 cruises. WTG!!!

The best chances to win are on port days, 1PM on the Lido deck for the trivia contest. Hardly anyone is there and the trivia is not that hard for 40+ year old people. :D

Good Luck!!

Hey, I resemble that 40+ remark!! That's my problem, I never stay on the ship on port days. :(

I just got back from the Freedom ship. They gave out ships on a stick for 1st place and medals for second. There were a lot of different trivia games and they varied in difficulty. One was all about world geography. One was 25 questions where they would give you a sound clip and you had to answer a question. I found that the first day or two is the best since not too many people catch on initially. They also had Win, Lose or Draw and Scattergories which were fun. My sister and I earned ships on a stick, a bottle of Campagne and a duffle bag from Brandon (member of Carnival entertainment staff) because I drove him in a jeep throught Mexico on an excursion we took. He sent it all to our room with a nice thank you letter.

On the Freedom ship, we had one night after dinner where they did the Red, White and Blue thing. It was fun but a lot of people were complaining because they just about eliminated it. It was explained to us by a staff member that they do not do it on the Freedom since it spends most of its time in the Mediterranean and they don't do it over there.

Awesome! Thanks for all the answers. I'm not going on my cruise until July but my friend Jessica is going next month and it's her first time. She's also a trivia whiz so maybe she'll come home with a prize! :D

Of the 28, the most treasured one was obtained on the Fantasy when it sailed from Port Canaveral in 2003.

Since 1998, when we started sailing as a family, we would always get at least 2 Ships on a Stick. One for me singing in the Talent Show and oldest son would always win "something" at Camp Carnival. Well, our youngest son has Autism and of course would never win any of the Camp Carnival games.

One afternoon, when I was talking with the CD Mark Price after one of his Q and A sessions, our oldest son came bouncing up with yet another Ship On A Stick that he had won at Ping Pong. My youngest son was standing beside me and said " I guess I won't ever win one". I commented that he would one day and continued my conversation with Mark.

That evening was the Captains' Cocktail Party and as we were leaving the Party, Mark asked our youngest son to come to the stage. He presented our youngest son with his very first ship on a stick for being Mark's "favorite Jr cruiser"....complete with a picture of our son holding his SOAS being kissed on each cheek by the two beautiful Social Hosts. Our son was beaming.

The last SOAS (and the only one we got on the last cruise) was earned by our youngest son on his own. He is now 16 and he earned it by being the youngest Platinum member with the most cruises at the Past Cruisers Party.

And folks wonder why I am a cheerleader for Carnival???? This is just two of the many many stories I could tell of how they have always gone above and beyond for our son.

Archived