stingraysailing.com? Anyone use?

MasonsMom

We also went to the sandbar with StingraySailing last week. We had a WONDERFUL time! There were only 6 of us on the boat, plus Chip and his dad. I ditto the information said before, and I agree that it was probably the best time we had on our cruise. And we had a GREAT cruise!

I could have stayed with the stingrays all day. They were like kittens rubbing your legs to get some milk. After that while we were snorkeling close to the reef, Chip coaxed a moray eel out of its home for a few seconds. That was really cool!

All in all we just loved the experience, and vowed that we would go with StingraySailing every time we head down to Grand Cayman!

• 3 months later...

Just came back from our cruise and we did the Stingray City excursion with Stingray Sailing on Feb 10, 2010 and This was the highlight of our trip! Chip and Mark made this tour so much fun for myself, wife and two young boys...i would recommend Stingray Sailing to anyone and everyone....What a fantastic time...Thanks for the memories guys!! 5 stars all the way

Stingray sailing are an excellent tour company, much cheaper than cruise line booking, and better value. Less crowded on board giving more personal instruction and safety.

Chip and Mark make the sailing a memorable experience, and would recommend to anyone.

Go for it, and put your trust in the crew and the Stingrays.

045.jpg.89ba3bccd055512f02593cfbbf2570a3.jpg

We tried to use them last week, but the weather didn’t cooperate. However, I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend based on the booking experience alone. Michelle was very helpful via email in advance of our trip, answering questions, etc. And, when we ended up getting cancelled due to wind, she emailed that same day and said that refunds had already been processed. That was late Thursday, and the refund hit our credit card Sunday night. We were disappointed to have to miss the stingrays, but will definitely book with Stingray Sailing again when we make it back to GC.

Received an email from Stingray, explaining time, CMT, texas time, ship time,Florida time, etc, very confusing.... Just want to ask the people who have been on Carnival Valor cruise recently - were you able to get to shore on time to make the 8:15 AM pick up? any other info very much appreciated!;)

I was booked on this last week. Unfortunately due to bad weather, all tours to Stringraycity were closed by the Cayman government. I was impressed that Chip from Stringraysailing was there to meet us at the tender spot (which was not in Georgetown, we had to go to a secondary tender spot) to tell us that the tour was canceled. He recommended a tour guide (really a taxi driver who gives tours), and she was very good taking us around the island, to the Turtle Farm and to Hell.

We were dissapointed that we didn't get to see the Stingrays, but I thought I would comment that in all my dealings with them they were very professional, and they very promptly returned the $10 pp deposit that I had paid via paypal.

Received an email from Stingray, explaining time, CMT, texas time, ship time,Florida time, etc, very confusing.... Just want to ask the people who have been on Carnival Valor cruise recently - were you able to get to shore on time to make the 8:15 AM pick up? any other info very much appreciated!;)

OK...both Miami and Grand Cayman are in the eastern time zone - that means from early November to mid March - ship time vs. local time is exactly the same. However, when we turn the clocks forward in mid-March, the Carnival Valor will be one hour ahead of local time since Grand Cayman does not observe daylight savings. If your tour starts at 8:15 am local time and you are sailing when the US observes daylight savings, the ship time will be 9:15 am. Since you'll be in port at 7 am ship time, getting off to meet your tour by 9:15 am ship time should not be an issue. (I'm doing this same tour in April)

For anyone looking for a recent review:

We just went on a tour with Stingray Sailing about a week and a half ago, and it was fantastic. It is a small family company. Chip is the owner/operator. When we went out we had Chip, his dad, and another guide. All were so friendly and chatted with us as we went along. Chip's wife handles the emails - very prompt, nice, and informative. We had a small group - only about a dozen people, so not crowded at all. The boat is nice and clean. They do provide free water and some fruit and charge for soda or beer. They also have food to feed the stingrays. Ample time at both stingrays and snorkeling. At the end of the tour, Chip will drop you off at the boat or the beach or whatever. We chose to stop at the beach for a while and then just took a taxi back to the ship later. This was our favorite excursion of the whole cruise. Partly just because of the experience itself, but also the quality of the tour. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a small, friendly, but still professional tour.

For anyone looking for a recent review:

We just went on a tour with Stingray Sailing about a week and a half ago, and it was fantastic. It is a small family company. Chip is the owner/operator. When we went out we had Chip, his dad, and another guide. All were so friendly and chatted with us as we went along. Chip's wife handles the emails - very prompt, nice, and informative. We had a small group - only about a dozen people, so not crowded at all. The boat is nice and clean. They do provide free water and some fruit and charge for soda or beer. They also have food to feed the stingrays. Ample time at both stingrays and snorkeling. At the end of the tour, Chip will drop you off at the boat or the beach or whatever. We chose to stop at the beach for a while and then just took a taxi back to the ship later. This was our favorite excursion of the whole cruise. Partly just because of the experience itself, but also the quality of the tour. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a small, friendly, but still professional tour.

Thanks for the info.! Did you tip them in addition to the price for the trip? We also asked them to drop us off at the beach when we go in June. What beach did they take you to, and how much time did you have? Was the ship time the same as the time in Grand Cayman when you went? How did you get back to the ship? (Sorry for all of the questions.)

This may be a silly question.

On their website, they pick up from George Town and Seven Mile Beach. Which one is used by Carnival or will I need to get transportation to one of those spots to meet the tour?

You will tender into George Town...and if they know that you're coming in on a Carnival cruise ship, they'll likely know exactly where to pick you up... :D

I emailed them yesterday and got a reply within 12 hours. Michelle explained all I would need to know about the time, pickup, etc.

One question. She stated that the tour would pick us up at Royal Watler (I assume that was a typo for Walter) Ship Terminal. She explained that there are 3 ship terminals in George Town, all within a 5 minute walk.

Does anyone know if carnival uses a specific terminal or if it is pretty much just which ever one has an opening?

Her email was very helpful. We will be booking. She did say that spaces fill up quickly.

My wife and I were on the excursion last week. Chip and his dad were GREAT. Michelle (Chips wife) handles all the reservations and is very efficient. We have snorkle equiptment but didnt take it on the trip. DONT miss out on this great excursion. I will do it again!

Royal Watler Is the correct spelling for the wharf area. Not a type-o.

As far as tipping, there is a tip box on board the boat. If it was a great trip, throw in a little something. I cannot imagine not tipping on this wonderful outing no matter what denomination.

Hi all...

I booked this tour with Stingray sailing and I'm very excited. Looks like all the reviews are great and the communication with the co is very fast and thorough.

We're sailing on RCI on Freedom of the Seas and I'm a little concerned about the early pick up time. Has anyone had a problem not making 8:15a time? We get into port at 8am.

Thanks in advance,

OK...this ship time vs. Cayman time has gotten me all mixed up. We are on the Valor which arrives in port at 7 am...which I think will be 1 hour ahead of Cayman time. Our excursion says to meet at 8:15...is this enough time? I guess that means we arrive at 6 am Cayman time which will give us a little over 2 hours??? Can someone please straighten me out :confused:

OK...this ship time vs. Cayman time has gotten me all mixed up. We are on the Valor which arrives in port at 7 am...which I think will be 1 hour ahead of Cayman time. Our excursion says to meet at 8:15...is this enough time? I guess that means we arrive at 6 am Cayman time which will give us a little over 2 hours??? Can someone please straighten me out :confused:

You are correct. Local time will be 6 a.m. We are on the Valor as well and have this excursion planned. We should have plenty of time to meet them by 8:15

You are correct. Local time will be 6 a.m. We are on the Valor as well and have this excursion planned. We should have plenty of time to meet them by 8:15[/QUOTe

I have this same excursion booked for May. Please come back to this thread and let me know how everything went.

Have a wonderful trip! (u too, disney.....)

Archived