Mille Review 6-13 APR - Super Lonnng

CatServants

OK, as promised, here’s our Millennium review for the Carib, 6-13 April.

Let me start with disclaimers and info. I have, upon occasion, been called a X “cheerleader”, but I will endeavor to be fair and balanced in my facts and opinions.

This was our 3rd Carib cruise (twice with Disney), our 1st Mille cruise, and we had 4 family members on board with us. Our cabins were PS-6148; CC-7192; and CC-7194.

Our butler was Savio; our cabin stewards were Jorge (6148), Mario (6148), and Ben (7192/7194); our waiter was Stefan; and our asst waiter was Juan. Some of the opinions stated in this review will be as related to me by family members rather than first hand. Ready?

Hotel - We arrived in FLL on FRI, 4 April. My SIL had talked us into staying at the Comfort Suites Airport and Cruise port. It was unattractive, clean, possessed of the worlds hardest beds/pillows (when I threatened to smother Randy with his pillow he pointed out that it was an empty threat since the pillow wouldn‘t conform to his face, we‘re talking HARD!), well located as regards restaurants/shopping/airport/cruise port, has a free shuttle, and was only $139.99 per nite. We signed up for the 11:00 shuttle for the cruise port, which is located 5-10 minutes from the hotel. While the shuttle left on time, we didn’t arrive at X until around 12:15 because there were so many stops to let people off for other cruise ships, and we were last.

Embarkation - Embarkation was fast and easy, EXCEPT for the 6 bottles of wine. We had 6 wine bottles in a box and we made no effort to hide them. The security screeners were confused. I had written the 3 cabin numbers on the box and I had the written policy on hand. It wasn’t necessary. They didn’t know the policy, but decided that since there were 6 of us, 6 bottles sounded just fine. We then proceeded to actual check-in. The X rep was very nice, but she also did NOT know the X wine policy. I happily informed her.;) Honestly, the whole process took ~15-20 minutes. My FIL and his wife took the Florida shuttle bus from Melbourne, FL, and recommend it.

Cabins 7192/7194 - Randy wanted to head directly to our cabin, but I suggested we take my SIL to see her cabin (CC-7194). The cabin was neat, clean, and standard. I did NOT inspect for mold/stains/etc. I figured that if such things were prevalent in her cabin or my FIL’s cabin, I would hear about it soon enough. I can tell you her first utterance was, “Ahhhh”. As we left 7194, my FIL and his wife (7192) appeared. They were also happy with their cabin. The opinions of the in-laws would change somewhat as the cruise progressed.

Cabin 6148 - Randy finally got his way and we headed to our cabin, PS-6148. Impressive! BIG! The veranda!!! We had several immediate problems. A cabinet door had fallen off its hinges, lights were burnt out, the player piano doesn’t work, where’s the exercise equipment, can we have some beer/soda/water, OMG, the lights, how does everything work? Our butler had left his # on a piece of paper so I called him. He was adequate. Most things were handled fairly quickly. But, the piano will never again be a ‘player piano’, the exercise equipment & veranda wet bar have been removed due to damaging rough weather, we never really got the hang of playing CD’s, there‘s no longer any audio to the veranda, to use the outdoor OR indoor Jacuzzi you have to call the stateroom attendant to fill it, and there are a few missing/cracked tiles in the bath and foyer. Still, the cabin was beautiful (despite hideous slipcovers!) and we have been well and truly spoiled!!!

The Millennium - Randy and I thought the ship was beautiful. Think of the Mille as Liz Taylor in “Cat on a Hot Tin Roof” as opposed to Liz Taylor in “Father of the Bride”. A beauty with a few miles on her, no longer new and perfect, but still a beauty. I looked for, and saw some stains on carpets in the passageways. They were clearly bleach stains. The wood on some of the railings has been similarly damaged. Our cabin steward, Jorge, spoke of their unhappiness as they continually damage the ship and their hands with all the bleach. He mentioned another product they also use which does less damage, but bleach is still the ‘go to’ cleanser. My in-laws thought the Mille was beautiful…at first.

The final nite of the cruise, my SIL and my FIL’s wife spent dinner discussing the merits of various cruise lines/ships they’ve been on. The Mille, the Disney Magic, and the Carnival Pride. The Mille/X was their LEAST favorite.

The ladies felt the cabins on the Mille were smaller than the other 2 ships. My facts and figures made little impact. The Mille’s CC cabin is 191 sq ft. The Pride’s cabin is 185 sq ft. The Magic’s cabin is 220 sq ft, but it has the split bath which takes up most of the additional sq ft. I suggested that the cabin layouts may give the illusion of a spatial difference. They said “no”. They also felt that the Mille lacked “quiet hideaways” that the other 2 ships have in abundance. I can’t speak to the Pride as I haven’t yet sailed her, but the Magic does have a very nice lounge that Randy and I enjoyed every afternoon. Truthfully, we had booked the penthouse for it’s giant veranda and took full advantage of it as our, and the family‘s “hideaway“. However, as the numbers go, all 3 ships are comparable in size, while the Magic has the fewest cabins but most pax. The Pride has the most cabins and it’s pax #‘s fall in the middle of the other 2. The Mille has the mid amount of cabins and the fewest pax.

I suspect that my SIL and FIL's wife would prefer the 'action' and 'vibrancy' of RCI to the quiet of X. Both ladies stated that they felt bored on X, and they would have liked more "glitz".

Also, from what I was told the final nite, Ben was not a good cabin steward. He kept the cabins clean, but was sloppy with customer service. This may have colored the ladies outlook on their cabins, but they didn’t want to correct or complain about him.

All other service was generally considered top notch.

Entertainment - Randy and I did NOT go to any shows, but my in-laws gave the entertainment mixed reviews. The ladies wanted more variety. My FIL thought the ship was very nice, quiet, and perfect for his afternoon naps.

Food - The food got thumbs up all around, particularly the Olympic. The ice cream/sorbet/sherbet/desserts/pastry/beef/shrimp/fish/pasta/lunch buffet/sushi/cookies/fruit/cheese/salad/soufflé/etc. were big hits, the coffee was universally hated. Sorry, Texed, no mention of the waffles!

My pre-teen niece LOVED the children’s programs.

Excursions:

San Juan - Randy and I stayed on board in San Juan. It was a beautiful sight and very relaxing. The in-laws self guided, argued, split into 2 group, and came back wet (it rained), hot, and tired. One group of 2 went to the fort, the other group of 2 returned to the ship. Gee, it’s a real shame we didn’t join them!;)

St. Thomas - Randy and I X-mas gifted everyone with the Champagne Cat sail & snorkel to St. John. It was beautiful and great fun. I’m a complete idiot, however. I was careful to have everyone reapply their sunscreen for the sail back, but guess who didn’t?! Yeah, I have Portuguese/Hawaiian skin - it won’t burn. You bet!:rolleyes: I slept (NOT!) with cold, wet towels on my ankles which were swollen to twice their normal size, and propped up on multiple pillows in an effort to reduce the swelling. Owwwww!!!

Dominican Republic - Randy danced attendance on me in our cabin while I stayed on the couch with my legs elevated:rolleyes:; my FIL’s wife went to the spa for a full treatment which she enjoyed; and my SIL, niece, and FIL went on the “Duck Boat” excursion. Apparently this excursion was awful and a terrible waste of money but my SIL doesn’t want anyone to know it. She feels the local people need the $ and that X is “morally bound” to improve the economic condition of the locals. So, don’t book this excursion, but don’t tell my SIL I said so.

Labadee - While I spent another day on the sofa with my legs elevated watching DVD‘s:rolleyes:, everyone else tendered ashore. My darling Randy enjoyed the water and lunch, but found the beach to be rocky. He returned to the ship about 1:00 and REALLY appreciated the cool towel given to returning pax. My in-laws remained on shore until ~ 4:00. They felt it was “OK” but compared badly to Disney’s private island, and found the island lunch to be a disappointment.

Disembarkation - Fine for X’s part, but Customs?! The line for Customs stopped dead for about ½ hour, then it was smooth sailing. Thanks to you guys, we had chosen to take a cab instead of the X transfer. THANK YOU! My SIL thanks you too!

Randy and I loved the cruise. We were honored to dine at the Captain’s table with the wonderful Captain Taramas, and to experience a Bridge tour. We met some terrific fellow pax on board, John, Carol, Nancy, Michael, Keith, Amber, Rick, Denise, Ken, Barbie, lots of Canadians (Boy, they’re NICE!), and many others.

I’m sorry that X and the Mille weren’t everything my in-laws hoped for, and I hope our 2 week PC cruise on the Carnival Pride next March with them will be more to their liking. Although this review may teasingly indicate otherwise, my in-laws opinions are valid. They are intelligent, charming people possessed of great humor and you should give their opinions credence. As for Randy and me? Well, our opinions differ from my in-laws because we look for a different cruise experience. We would happily sail the Mille again tomorrow.

Happy Cruising!

Denise

Thanks for the review.

We had a PH on Summit a while back and never did figure out the light switches. Took a couple tries even to get the motorized drapes to open/close.

You provided some enlightment about the rails and furniture we saw when we are on Mille in December. If they are cleaning those with bleach, sure enough its going to strip the varnish off.

When we had the PH on Summit I'd say the outside bar really wasn't used that much. Its exposed to the sun and the granite top you could fry eggs on until the sun went down. We did use the excersise equipment once a day.

Now this part about not being able to use the INDOOR jacuzzi without getting a stateroom attendant? MaryBeth lived in that (thank god for the second bath). We had problems with the outdoor, but you really had to get a stateroom attendent to come into your primary bathroom to fill the jacuzzi?

I'm not questioning you, just find it kind of surprising. I've been critiquing Mille because of our RS experience in December.

Sounds like you still had a good time despite the sunburn. That champagne sail to St. Johns can do that to you ;).

Again, thanks for your honest review.

Very insightful and detailed. A lot of time and effort went into writing it. Thanks for doing so.

I am not surprised by the comments about "glitz" Many do seem to think that X is to sedate when you compare it to Carnival. I you really like the decor of Carnival, you most likely won't like the decor of X.

It sounds like everyone had a great time, and that is what is most important.

Thanks for the review.

We had a PH on Summit a while back and never did figure out the light switches. Took a couple tries even to get the motorized drapes to open/close.

You provided some enlightment about the rails and furniture we saw when we are on Mille in December. If they are cleaning those with bleach, sure enough its going to strip the varnish off.

When we had the PH on Summit I'd say the outside bar really wasn't used that much. Its exposed to the sun and the granite top you could fry eggs on until the sun went down. We did use the excersise equipment once a day.

Now this part about not being able to use the INDOOR jacuzzi without getting a stateroom attendant? MaryBeth lived in that (thank god for the second bath). We had problems with the outdoor, but you really had to get a stateroom attendent to come into your primary bathroom to fill the jacuzzi?

I'm not questioning you, just find it kind of surprising. I've been critiquing Mille because of our RS experience in December.

Sounds like you still had a good time despite the sunburn. That champagne sail to St. Johns can do that to you ;).

Again, thanks for your honest review.

raudacruise - I didn't use the indoor jacuzzi once so I'm glad to read Marybeth enjoyed it enough for all of us! The butler and cabin attendant BOTH told me the indoor/outdoor jacuzzi 'rules' the 1st day. Maybe it's a new policy. Several of us asked for clarification, but perhaps a lot got lost in translation.

I had the outside jacuzzi repeatedly filled for my niece, but the indoor jacuzzi lost all appeal when I realized that I would have to call someone to fill it for me. I guess I should have seen it as someone drawing my bath.;)

Happy cruising!

Denise

......I am not surprised by the comments about "glitz" Many do seem to think that X is to sedate when you compare it to Carnival. I you really like the decor of Carnival, you most likely won't like the decor of X. .....

Truer words were never spoken. I think a lot of us 'talk' about choosing the cruise line that suits your taste/requirements. My in-laws are a perfect example.

Randy and I prefer more subtle decor and a quieter, more relaxing cruise. My in-laws want "glitz" and non-stop activities. Thankfully, there's a cruise line to suit everyone. The trick is finding 'your' cruise line, and having them NOT change on you!;)

Happy cruising!

Denise

I thought many of you might be interested in dress code compliance on our cruise. Randy and I thought it was pretty good. That being said...

At the Captains table the 1st formal nite, Randy was the only man in a tux, and, I Think, I was the only lady in a full length gown. But everyone was in suits/cocktail dresses and looked and WERE absolutely charming.

The 2nd formal nite I was mostly focused on my swollen feet/ankles (why didn't I take dressy black FLATS?!?), but I purposely noticed the other pax as we entered the DR. I saw one man leaving the DR in a polo shirt and khakis. A crew member was walking with him, but I suspect they just happened to be in the same place at the same time. I saw many, many black tuxes (Randy was a rarity in a white dinner jacket, but he looked yummy), many dark suits, quite a few sports coat/tie combos, some open collar/sports coat combos, a few shirt/tie/slacks, and a very few shirt/slacks combos.

When Randy and I went to the "Olympic Elegant Tea", the required dress code on the invitation was coat and tie/skirt, dress. We were the 1st ones to arrive, and immediately after greeting us with a "Good afternoon" Randy and I were THANKED for complying with the requested dress. We were told of the staffs frustration with pax noncompliance with the requested dress codes throughout the ship and for special events. The staff at the Olympic said they, and the rest of the crew, actually feel "no respect" and "insulted" by pax because of the noncompliance to the requested forms of dress. Their words, not mine.

Happy cruising!

Denise

Thanks Denise - your review was not super long... I want more details!

Could you clarify for me your comment on your in-laws having an attandant who had poor customer service skills? Our last cruise, we only saw our attandant once, and didn't think of asking for anything... are there things we could ask for??

Did you or your family visit the spa? If so, what was it like?

Did you or your family have breakfast on your verandah? If so, what was it like?

Thanks for your additional comments in advance!

Mark.

Thank you for reporting your cruise, it was a great read!

I have a question,

My FIL and his wife took the Florida shuttle bus from Melbourne, FL, and recommend it.

Can you elaborate on this for me please? We always drive and would love to ditch the car here (Melbourne) and take a bus down.

Thanks Denise - your review was not super long... I want more details!

Could you clarify for me your comment on your in-laws having an attandant who had poor customer service skills? Our last cruise, we only saw our attandant once, and didn't think of asking for anything... are there things we could ask for??

Did you or your family visit the spa? If so, what was it like?

Did you or your family have breakfast on your verandah? If so, what was it like?

Thanks for your additional comments in advance!

Mark.

Mark - My goodness! You're a glutton for punishment!;) Ask and you shall receive.... but be careful what you ask for!

My in-laws didn't mention their stateroom attendant to us until the last day/nite, but I have some examples for you. NO CC extras were offered to them except the fresh flowers and afternoon canapes. I told the in-laws about the pillow menu, but they didn't request any info from Ben, and he wasn't offering any! My FILs cabin received their tote bag the next to last nite of the cruise, they had to ASK for the tote bag for my SILs cabin which she received the final nite. Luggage tags were delivered to cabins with a debarkation information sheet which stated that Continental Breakfast WOULD BE SERVED IN CABINS ON DEBARKATION DAY. Their stateroom attendant REMOVED the breakfast menu cards from their cabins the final evening so they couldn't order breakfast in their cabin. When they asked for extra towels/glasses throughout the cruise, he said yes, but never brought them. When he was asked more than once, he nearly cried, making my in-laws feel so guilty, they never pressed him again. But to be fair, they said the cabins were kept clean.

I think your cabin attendant and/or butler can make or break a cruise. They're your first line of service. If you're unhappy with them or your waiter, nothing is ever really good on the cruise. If they're great, the smiles never stop.

My FILs wife went to the spa on a port day. She loved it! Apparently, the spa gives discounts on port days, so she took full advantage. For $119.00 she got a full work up/massage. Toes through scalp. She said it was clean, professional, a lovely atmosphere, and well worth the $. She called it "refreshing", "wonderful", "heaven". She was amused because they told her she was "highly toxic" and needed, I don't know, some other treatment, which she declined. The spa is known for their attempts to sell additional products, but she said it wasn't too hard a sell.

My in-laws never had breakfast in their cabins, but that's the ONLY place we have breakfast when cruising. We didn't have breakfast on our veranda because the penthouse veranda gets a lot of sun/wind, but we didn't feel cheated while we sat at the dining table in our cabin, gazing out our windows/doors at the beautiful Carib! We DID have canapes, cheese platters, fruit platters, cookies, wine, beer, soda every evening on our veranda. Sun/wind be darned! Now THAT was Heaven!!!

Anything else? I'm happy to answer questions. It gets me out of housework!;)

Happy cruising!

Denise

My in-laws didn't mention their stateroom attendant to us until the last day/nite, but I have some examples for you. NO CC extras were offered to them except the fresh flowers and afternoon canapes. I told the in-laws about the pillow menu, but they didn't request any info from Ben, and he wasn't offering any! My FILs cabin received their tote bag the next to last nite of the cruise, they had to ASK for the tote bag for my SILs cabin which she received the final nite. Luggage tags were delivered to cabins with a debarkation information sheet which stated that Continental Breakfast WOULD BE SERVED IN CABINS ON DEBARKATION DAY. Their stateroom attendant REMOVED the breakfast menu cards from their cabins the final evening so they couldn't order breakfast in their cabin. When they asked for extra towels/glasses throughout the cruise, he said yes, but never brought them. When he was asked more than once, he nearly cried, making my in-laws feel so guilty, they never pressed him again. But to be fair, they said the cabins were kept clean.

I think your cabin attendant and/or butler can make or break a cruise. They're your first line of service. If you're unhappy with them or your waiter, nothing is ever really good on the cruise. If they're great, the smiles never stop.

Denise

Denise, great review and much of what you reported was what we found true on our Millie sailing in January. We had a CC cabin just one cabin away from the PH on the port side.

Our cabin service parallels that of your in-laws almost to the letter. The CC perk we most enjoyed on past Celebrity sailings was the breakfast served on a white table cloth with on the veranda in the morning. On Millie although we attempted this 3 times, never was a table cloth brought by room service or would they do anything other than place the tray on the table in the cabin despite my request to have it on the veranda. Hot food served was always cold so we give up and eat in the lido or aqua spa café from then on. We also made repeated requests for things like wine glass’s and reminded our stateroom attended daily and it wasn’t until mid cruise before we finally got them.

We had issues as well with our service in the dinning room for dinner that had us asking if we were really on a Celebrity cruise. We could tell that staffing was an issue and our table attendant had to my DW counting at least 16 tables to attend to. Many times during our cruise my DW had a course cleared from the table before she had finished without pausing to ask. We never were presented with the pepper mill or a desert tray has had always been the case with past Celebrity cruises.

We did enjoy our cruise on Millie but it was clearly not up to past sailings we have had with the line. I know the crew is working very hard and many are having too cover more ground that what they are use to so the effects on crew attitude were in many cases apparent to us. I felt bad for those onboard sailing with celebrity the first time and coming away with a less than stellar service onboard and thinking this is what the Celebrity cruises are like.

We noticed the veranda partition on the port side of the PH blew open in high winds the first night of the sailing and was swinging lose the rest of the cruise. I hope you didn’t have the same on your sailing?

By the way we just got off a short Century sailing and had a wonderful time with great service and yes the full Celebrity treatment was present.

Thanks again for your review.:)

Joel

Thank you for reporting your cruise, it was a great read!

I have a question,

Can you elaborate on this for me please? We always drive and would love to ditch the car here (Melbourne) and take a bus down.

Muushka - Here's a link to the site. In case it doesn't take it's http://www.connect2cruise.com They caught the bus at the Waffle House off of I-95. They said it was comfortable, clean, easy, convenient, no hassle (as opposed to Florida traffic/driving), and ultimately cheaper than gas/parking fees.

http://www.connect2cruise.com/home.php

Hope this helps!

Denise

.....much of what you reported was what we found true on our Millie sailing in January. We had a CC cabin just one cabin away from the PH on the port side.

By the way we just got off a short Century sailing and had a wonderful time with great service and yes the full Celebrity treatment was present.

Thanks again for your review.:)

Joel

Joel - I remember your Mille review. I have to tell you, I'm thrilled to hear that I came across as fair in my assessment of the Mille. Beauty marks AND warts!;) I'm always thankful to and for this forum. I learn so much from my many anonymous friends. And the laughter? Priceless! But we all have to remember how subjective reviews can be. I wouldn't want to lead anyone astray by painting a picture of cruise ship perfection or one of a garbage scow. I thought the lobster sucked (as I had expected), but the other 3 people in our party who ordered it LOVED it. I LOVED the mango sorbet, my DH not so much.... he found PLENTY of sweets to substitute for the mango sorbet!;) So THANK YOU for letting me know that I painted a fair picture. That means a great deal to me!

I'm sorry you had difficulties on your Mille cruise. And, as you can imagine, I'm REALLY sorry that my in-laws didn't adore every minute of their cruise. Why couldn't fate give me the bad cabin steward (I could deal) and give them the very best?!?:rolleyes: There should be a law against having problems with a cruise. We all go into them with such joy and anticipation, it's a shame to be disappointed. We didn't have any problems with the veranda partitions. And all of our room service was great!

I'm happy to read that your Century cruise was wonderful. But... have you seen where some people, who were probably on the cruise with you, write that the food, ship condition, etc. were bad?

Happy cruising! And thanks!

Denise

My parents were on the Millenium this summer with me and hated it from the word go. They had decided ahead of time that they only like small intimate ships. So I knew that Celebrity would have to do alot to woo them. They loved the Olympic restaurant but my Dad didn't like having set meal times, having to wear a jacket and tie in August, etc. Their stateroom was lovely but they had petty compliants- like "the Butler asked if he could unpack for us". As if this was absurd and I suppose they thought he was looking for things to steal.

My father doesn't like large crowds and so he hated the tours, etc. The list goes on and on.

All I can say is that I had a wonderful time and had no complaints whatsoever. You'd never know we were on the same cruise.

Incidentally they love Oceania, which was dead boring IMO. However, Oceania does have a fantastic afternoon tea that I would sail them for in the future.

My parents were on the Millenium this summer with me and hated it from the word go. They had decided ahead of time that they only like small intimate ships. So I knew that Celebrity would have to do alot to woo them. They loved the Olympic restaurant but my Dad didn't like having set meal times, having to wear a jacket and tie in August, etc. Their stateroom was lovely but they had petty compliants- like "the Butler asked if he could unpack for us". As if this was absurd and I suppose they thought he was looking for things to steal.

My father doesn't like large crowds and so he hated the tours, etc. The list goes on and on.

All I can say is that I had a wonderful time and had no complaints whatsoever. You'd never know we were on the same cruise.

Incidentally they love Oceania, which was dead boring IMO. However, Oceania does have a fantastic afternoon tea that I would sail them for in the future.

:D:D:D Now if only you and I ruled the world and could tell people what to think!;) Especially FAMILY!!!!;):rolleyes:

Denise

Muushka - Here's a link to the site. In case it doesn't take it's www.connect2cruise.com They caught the bus at the Waffle House off of I-95. They said it was comfortable, clean, easy, convenient, no hassle (as opposed to Florida traffic/driving), and ultimately cheaper than gas/parking fees.

http://www.connect2cruise.com/home.php

Hope this helps!

Denise

Thank you, Denise. I think if we ever do a long cruise, we will go ahead and book this. We would probably go from WPB come to think of it. Again, thank you/:)

Mark - My goodness! You're a glutton for punishment!;) Ask and you shall receive.... but be careful what you ask for!

My FILs wife went to the spa on a port day. She loved it! Apparently, the spa gives discounts on port days, so she took full advantage. For $119.00 she got a full work up/massage. Toes through scalp. She said it was clean, professional, a lovely atmosphere, and well worth the $. She called it "refreshing", "wonderful", "heaven". She was amused because they told her she was "highly toxic" and needed, I don't know, some other treatment, which she declined. The spa is known for their attempts to sell additional products, but she said it wasn't too hard a sell.

My in-laws never had breakfast in their cabins, but that's the ONLY place we have breakfast when cruising. We didn't have breakfast on our veranda because the penthouse veranda gets a lot of sun/wind, but we didn't feel cheated while we sat at the dining table in our cabin, gazing out our windows/doors at the beautiful Carib! We DID have canapes, cheese platters, fruit platters, cookies, wine, beer, soda every evening on our veranda. Sun/wind be darned! Now THAT was Heaven!!!

Anything else? I'm happy to answer questions. It gets me out of housework!;)

Happy cruising!

Denise

Wow.... okay, we are in the cc cabin in the suites, two down from your "old home" and I will be very disappointed if our cabin attendant is sloppy.

Did you speak to guest services about not receiving the cc perks? If not, why not? If so, what was their reply?

For all other people reading this thread - what should I do to ensure that we get all advertised amenities... remember, you pay extra for them, so I assume that we will get them WITHOUT having to ask. If I ask, then it will make me feel like I am being demanding! I appreciate your tips!

Mark.

Wow.... okay, we are in the cc cabin in the suites, two down from your "old home" and I will be very disappointed if our cabin attendant is sloppy.

Did you speak to guest services about not receiving the cc perks? If not, why not? If so, what was their reply?

For all other people reading this thread - what should I do to ensure that we get all advertised amenities... remember, you pay extra for them, so I assume that we will get them WITHOUT having to ask. If I ask, then it will make me feel like I am being demanding! I appreciate your tips!

Mark.

You'll have GREAT cabin attendants!

I never spoke to Ben or Guest Services because I didn't find out how sloppy Ben was until the last nite of the cruise. The in-laws didn't want to make it an issue.

Take a printed copy of your amenities with you and smile but be assertive. Don't think of it as being demanding, think of it as getting what you paid for.

Happy cruising!

Denise

I thought the lobster sucked (as I had expected), but the other 3 people in our party who ordered it LOVED it. Denise

Denise, if there is an ugly overcooked lobster tail in the galley it will most often find it’s way on to my plate.:p My DW however always seems to have “luck of the lobster”. ;)

What always amazes me is the fact that most people feel that their onboard experiences differs so much sailing on the same ship at the same time. For me I would wonder who was in my cabin and at my dinner table and had such a different impression then me.:rolleyes:

One thing you can count on is that each sailing and each experience will vary.

I guess in your case the butler really did it.:D

Happy sailing,

Joel

Archived