Do you put your "smalls" in the laundry special?

british betty

...and also, I always separate my "darks" from the "coloured" and "whites"...does the ships laundry do that too????..and if they do...how do they do it??? :confused:

I don't think they are that bothered about your washing...they offer to wash a bag full for a certain amount..so anything in there will be subject to the usual wash routine..the bags they offer are not that large from what I recall!

We just returned from a 29 day B2B and made frequent use of the laundry specials to keep our luggage weight reasonable. The service was excellent. However they separate the laundry (I didn't) it worked well. Everything came back clean, ironed, on hangers or folded neatly, and by the end of the next day. I only wish they'd come and do the same for me at home :)

I loved the one-bag-one-price deal when I sailed the Century in the Med. We were gone 14 days so it was great to get all the personals, workout clothes, t-shirts, etc cleaned to take home. Everything came back so neatly folded. I even had to laugh, they put my workout pants on hangers!

Unless you are a Captain's Club member and have a coupon for a "bag" price, the all you can stuff in a bag special is offered on the next to last full day (laundry returned on the last full day so you can pack it) only.

We were on the same B2B with Sheila, and also used the "stuff the bag" service 4 times. As Sheila said, everything came back just great. Golf shirts were on hangers...undies folded...and everything accounted for. If you are Elite, this service is $15.00 per bag.

this is the first i have heard of, or become aware of, the bag of laundry service, so if i may have you repeat any answers, i would appreciate it.

If i wanted this service mid-cruise on a 2 week panama canal cruise on infinity, would they do it when our supply of socks, undies, etc...is running low?...and how can i be sure this service is available, wouldhate to run short assuming we would need less to bring?

thanks for any info...:o

You can send out laundry any time during the cruise--your choice. Most posters are speaking of a bag they give you and they will wash as much as you can cram inside for a price varying between $15 and $25, depending. If you roll the clothing very tightly you can fit a lot in, but as someone mentioned we were given the bag on the next-to-last day so we were able to pack clean clothes.

However, the prices are very reasonable for the regular laundry and I think when I added it all up we saved about $5.00 using the stuffed bag technique.

They also have a reduced price for ironing only--and they do a nice job. We had to send out DH's suit because it was so wrinkled after the trip and it came back looking lovely. I wouldn't hesitate to use the service as often as I needed it--but I am grateful that my next cruise has laundry facilities on board--which I love!

We have used many of the services of laundry and dry-cleaning on the X ships we have sailed. I think it is very reasonable--no more expensive or less than land based dry cleaners.

The ironing service is perfect to touch up wrinkles. We have sent out shirts, tuxes, suits, etc. and they came back in pristine condition. The last time, they actually looked like accordions because our luggage was lost by AA for 2 days. X got them back looking great.

Now the "small" wear: We used this service on the last cruise. Mind you, we have a new washing machine machine at home (the one with the "whitest whites" function) and never have the undergarments come out looking as white as when we got them back from the ship laundry. Whatever they do works very well!

We have used many of the services of laundry and dry-cleaning on the X ships we have sailed. I think it is very reasonable--no more expensive or less than land based dry cleaners.

The ironing service is perfect to touch up wrinkles. We have sent out shirts, tuxes, suits, etc. and they came back in pristine condition. The last time, they actually looked like accordions because our luggage was lost by AA for 2 days. X got them back looking great.

Now the "small" wear: We used this service on the last cruise. Mind you, we have a new washing machine machine at home (the one with the "whitest whites" function) and never have the undergarments come out looking as white as when we got them back from the ship laundry. Whatever they do works very well!

Sea Salt as water softener and whitener me thinks....

this is the first i have heard of, or become aware of, the bag of laundry service, so if i may have you repeat any answers, i would appreciate it.

If i wanted this service mid-cruise on a 2 week panama canal cruise on infinity, would they do it when our supply of socks, undies, etc...is running low?...and how can i be sure this service is available, wouldhate to run short assuming we would need less to bring?

thanks for any info...:o

There is a coupon in at least the select and elite captain's club members' coupon book for all you can stuff in a bag of laundry for $20 (select) or $15 (elite). Not sure about classic members. This you can do anytime during the cruise.

For those that are not captain's club members and do not receive the coupons, I know that at the end of my 14 night cruises, they had an all you stuff in a laundry bag for $24.95 on the next to last full day of the cruise (clothes are returned the next day which is the day before debarkation). This was available to everyone on the ship. If you weren't a captain's club member with the coupon, this is the only time that you could take advantage of stuff a bag.

However regular laundry service is available every day for a per item fee. You can find the pricing info on Celebrity's website under FAQ's.

We are on a 12 night cruise this coming summer. Perhaps they will not offer this stuff-a-bad special on this shorter cruise. If they don't then I have a $15 (Elite) coupon I did not use on my last cruise. Do you think I would be able to use the coupon about mid cruise?

Sheila.

Archived