$20.00 A Day To Park In Miami

Macfans

We had to pay $200 in January, Miami, for a 10 day cruise. But never heard of the $1.28 per person charge. Where and when do you pay that????
It is applied to your sail and sign account. Oops we just sailed on that other cruise line but it is on all persons departing from Miami. :(

Everyone is paying for the two new Carnival terminals plus they are also getting ready to renovate the old Carnival terminals to handle the new NCL 150,000 ton F3 ships for 2010. I also read that they are building a new parking garage for the new Carnival terminals.

am I just blonde or should the money be applied to carnival and ncl pax? $1.28 is not alot of money but the 20.00 per day is rather high. I am doing research now and there is an United parking lot about 6 miles away from the port for $10.80 per day. There is a limit 4 person shuttle service that is included. They suggest that any more than 4 people should be dropped off at the port and then drop the car off. Has anyone reading used this service?

One might as well fly,drive,train or take the bus to Miami.

The cruise lines are going to nickel and dime the PAX to death.

But the same thing happen in the 90's and the fare went down because PAX stop booking. I remember 7 days cruise in a suite 1000 pp

One might as well fly,drive,train or take the bus to Miami.

The cruise lines are going to nickel and dime the PAX to death.

But the same thing happen in the 90's and the fare went down because PAX stop booking. I remember 7 days cruise in a suite 1000 pp

I think this has more to do with the Port of Miami than the cruise lines. The lines need bigger terminals, true, but I don't think they have anything to do with the prices charged. I mean, have you ever heard of the hundreds of thousands of dollars it costs just for the ships to "turn around" in the Port of Miami? It is amazing.

My question is: Are there any good alternatives to parking at the port? We live about a half hour north of the port and have always parked there, but $20 is getting out of control. Does anyone have any good alternatives???

I think this has more to do with the Port of Miami than the cruise lines. The lines need bigger terminals, true, but I don't think they have anything to do with the prices charged. I mean, have you ever heard of the hundreds of thousands of dollars it costs just for the ships to "turn around" in the Port of Miami? It is amazing.

Exactly... just like the Miami tunnel project. I bet the price will go up again.

Lynn, There is the United lot about 6 miles away that charges $10.80. They are online, www.miamiairportparking.com and they have a section for Port of Miami. If you decide to do this, please let me know how you liked/disliked it. We have a grooup of 2 to 3 cars coming down from Stuart and did not want to pay $430.00 just to park our cars! Have fun on your cruise...just a little jealous over here.:D

Lynn, There is the United lot about 6 miles away that charges $10.80. They are online, www.miamiairportparking.com and they have a section for Port of Miami. If you decide to do this, please let me know how you liked/disliked it. We have a grooup of 2 to 3 cars coming down from Stuart and did not want to pay $430.00 just to park our cars! Have fun on your cruise...just a little jealous over here.:D

Hi!

You're so funny! Don't be jealous. I've had a tough year that I wouldn't wish on many people. I really need this cruise <g>.

I'll definitely check on this option for parking, and I'll let you know if we do decide to use it.

Thank you so much!!!

Lynn

Courtyard by Marriott West Airport

Pre-cruise package includes breakfast & transportation to the port

$169

...and most importantly, free parking!

Includes breakfast for two, parking and shuttle.

Actually, the room, shuttle service and breakfast are $29 and the parking at the Marriott is $140.:D

Hi!

You're so funny! Don't be jealous. I've had a tough year that I wouldn't wish on many people. I really need this cruise <g>.

I'll definitely check on this option for parking, and I'll let you know if we do decide to use it.

Thank you so much!!!

Lynn

awwww well, have a great time:)

About booking a hotel with parking...We live 1 1/2 hours away from port. For my family it would be silly to book a hotel with parking. I went to college in Miami, & would not leave my car in a hotel parking lot. I like my car! Looking for a nice secure place to leave our cars. The last thing I want to think about on a cruise is if I have a stereo left.:eek:

About booking a hotel with parking...We live 1 1/2 hours away from port. For my family it would be silly to book a hotel with parking. I went to college in Miami, & would not leave my car in a hotel parking lot. I like my car! Looking for a nice secure place to leave our cars. The last thing I want to think about on a cruise is if I have a stereo left.:eek:

We used to live in Miami until escaping last Dec. Actually, I think in Miami they leave the stereo and take the car. :)

Well, be glad you don't live in New York - it is even MORE than that to park at the Manhattan terminal.

We are sailing out of Brooklyn in September and will happily be paying whatever it costs to park because I am saving hundeds by nothaving to FLY to the port (let alone stay at a hotel).

Think of how much you are saving because you don't have to fly instead of paying $20 a day to park. I'm sure plenty of people on the boards would happily trade places with you.

Sorry folks, there's nothing worse than Floridians complaining about parking charges. How much sympathy do you think we get from people who had to fly a family in to take a cruise.:rolleyes: ;)

We're leaving in less than 3 weeks and it was hard for us to justify flying(even with the cost of gas and parking) for the 2 of us. We usually drive with the kids (4). Talked DH into flying into FLL and renting car with pick up in FLL and drop off at MIA. Staying at friends in FLL. With gas at $3.50+ people from FL should look into renting a car from their area and dropping at the airport closest to their departure. It was $ 19 for a 1 day rental from Dollar for pickup car in FLL and drop at MIA with a free shuttle to the port. Saving $$... even for Floridians

Archived