What "extra" fun/helpful things to bring with you?

suzyed

This has nothing to do with organization of a cabin. I bring a few things to personalize the cabin. I've brought framed pictures of our grandchild and pets along. Sometimes I've brought self-stick window decals. I've also brought a magnet or two (small) to put on the door if someone wants to leave me a note.

Already mentioned but definitely Downy Wrinkle Release, Off insect repellent wipes (they have bugs even in Alaska), A good hat, and with the towel issues I have actually brought my own beach towel.

Febreeze X-Strength room spray -makes everything smell like oranges especially important when traveling with a husband, two boys and you're the only female in the cabin.

that's hilarious!!! hahahahahah!

"honey...pull my finger!"

Clorox disinfecting wipes to wipe down remote controls, phones, desk tops, door handles, etc. I take them with me every time I travel on cruise ships or when staying in hotels.

I may be overreacting but it just gives me that extra peace of mind - last thing I want is to get sick with a cold or worse, get E.Coli or Norwalk...

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Health/story?id=1507794

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/05/29/earlyshow/living/travel/main2862817.shtml

I like to bring my I-Pod with some traveling speakers so we can listen to some music as we get ready to go out or relaxing on the balcony. I am also bringing a LSU flag to hang on our balcony rail. This helps us find our cabin when we are docked in port. GEAUX TIGERS !!!

Ditto the iPod and portable player. I have this one- bought it at TJ Maxx for less than $30. Lighted alarm clock that also plays and charges my iPod.

10137_75_2.jpg

I also take a few travel-sized games because we love to play tham and they fill time at airports, hotel in the evening, while we watch the ocean in the afternoon. We especially like Blokus and Sequence.

Barb

I bring along my DH so that HE can bring his Gold Card!

Seriously, I bring along WAY too many clothes that I won't wear, a positive attitude that I WILL have WAY too much fun and last but no least, by BFF who happens to be my DH:D .

And a bunch of good books!

Top 10 items (other than the obvious):

1.Ipod with speakers

2.Shawl / Wrap

3.Aleve (For the many bars on board)

4.White Vinegar (Especially to the Caribbean - kills germs, fire coral, sea urchin, bug bites - all true story)

5.Mini-Lysol

6.Mini-Air Freshner

7.Mini-Lint Roller

8.Hand Sanitizer

9.Trail Mix

10.Travel Journal (for notes on cruise reviews)

I looked for those blankets. They had them at Costco once but they say it is a seasonal item.

I tried to find one on the internet, but all I could find were 12 volt. They were ones designed to plug into a car's cigarette lighter, not a regular electrical socket.

we got back last week and my favorite thing was the pop-up hamper for dirty laundry. kept it out of the way. i also loved having my laptop. every night i wrote about the day's events because i have a horrible memory and i cataloged the pictures because i knew i might forget where they were taken! it was worth unpacking it at the airport 4 times!!

one thing i will take next time is a lighted alarm clock. i hated not having one.

Somewhere, someone mentioned having an electric travel size blanket for using on his balcony in Alaska. Does anyone know where to find one in this size? TIA.

Look in Penney's under Blankets and Throws. On sale, $34.99. :)

Look in Penney's under Blankets and Throws. On sale, $34.99. :)

I found them!! Thank you so very much!!:D:D I just keep finding more things to keep warm...it was 86 in Dallas today and I had my good old brown sweater on. I bet they're taking bets at work (behind my back) as to when I'll take that darn thing off!

Somewhere, someone mentioned having an electric travel size blanket for using on his balcony in Alaska. Does anyone know where to find one in this size? TIA.

Is an electric type blanket allowed to be used on the ship? Wouldn't that be considered a "fire hazard"? You would need a long extension cord to fit from the cabin to the balcony.

We take a power strip for our cell phone chargers, camera chargers, my hot rollers. You can get one that reaches from the plug to the balcony with no problem; the cabin isn't that big, unfortunately! I'm using one now, here at home sitting on my outside screened porch listening to the thunderstorm. Larger space than in a cabin.

Archived