Grill Questions

avalon1025

A few questions regarding Princess vs. Queens Grill on QM2. Looking to see what is the best for me to book...

As a single pax, how does dinning work? I assume gettting a table for two would work, otherwise you would have to sinc up with others at your dinner table as you can eat at various times.

Can Princess Grill pax utilize the Concierge lounge, and Grill sundeck?

Thanks!

Last three times in the QM2 PG my wife and I were at a table for six. No attempt was ever made to sync arrivals for dinner, but we got along so well with our tablemates (all three times!) that usually we all did leave at the same time.

Yes you may use the Concierge Lounge and the Queens Grill Lounge, not sure about the deck area because we found so much more to savor on that grand ship than sitting on deck.

We saved info, menus, programmes, etc. from our trips here.

Bon Voyage!

PG passengers may use the Grill Lounge, the concierge lounge, but NOT the reserved deck. That is for QG only.

According to the brochures, the QG deck is now for both QG & PG passengers.

Sharon

A few questions regarding Princess vs. Queens Grill on QM2. Looking to see what is the best for me to book...

As a single pax, how does dinning work? I assume gettting a table for two would work, otherwise you would have to sinc up with others at your dinner table as you can eat at various times.

Can Princess Grill pax utilize the Concierge lounge, and Grill sundeck?

Thanks!

I was single in Queens Grill. Unless you prefer to dine alone, choose a large table. I chose a table for 8 and wound up with 2 couples and another single. There seems to be a misunderstanding on many posts regarding grills dining. There is no obligation to be in sync with other table mates. As a grills passenger you can come to breakfast, lunch, and dinner, any time between the opening and closing hours of the dining room for the particular meal. I prefer to dine later and many times I did not ever see the other single who preferred to eat earlier. Congratulations on choosing a Q6, which is what I had. As far as Queens vs Princess, I do believe that Queens is better. I was in Princess Grill on the Queen Victoria for the tandem crossing, and while the experience was excellent, there is more choice in the Queens Grill, particularly in the a la carte menu. Have a great time!

Cinta,

If that is the case, it is new. When I was aboard PG was not allowed on the deck. I know on the QV PG and QG passengers are allowed on the deck.

We are in QG in June, the brochure & website says PG are allowed to use the deck. That's all I've seen.When were you on QM2?

Sharon Yep, just checked the Cunard website. In 'accommodation' on QM2 it gives the info for PG to use the Queens Grill deck.

We are in QG in June, the brochure & website says PG are allowed to use the deck. That's all I've seen.When were you on QM2?

Sharon Yep, just checked the Cunard website. In 'accommodation' on QM2 it gives the info for PG to use the Queens Grill deck.

Hi all.

I just checked both sites. UK says yes to PG on the QG sundeck. The USA site does not. I wonder why. When I was on in January, I did not try to use that deck. When I am on in July I will give it a try. I can't imagine that they limit use based on your citizenship.

Jeanne

Hi all.

I just checked both sites. UK says yes to PG on the QG sundeck. The USA site does not. I wonder why. When I was on in January, I did not try to use that deck. When I am on in July I will give it a try. I can't imagine that they limit use based on your citizenship.

Jeanne

Just be sure to talk with a British accent when on the QG deck (or, for our UK readers, talk without an American accent). ;)

Hi all.

Jeanne

LOL, I'm sure even Cunard wouldn't do that Jeanne.:)

Sharon

Archived