9/27 Glory Sailing- Pervert on Deck Taking Pictures of Semi Nude girls/Woman

GreggV

Ladies, if you think that there aren't going to be men up on the topless deck just to see your breasts, you're crazy. If you go topless, they WILL be looking, so be prepared.

Taking pics however, is a much different story. I can't believe that security didn't take the camera, and I can't believe this guy wasn't jumped by everyone on that deck simulateously!! I remember a story here where an innocent guy went up with his wife and forgot he had his camera with his other belongings and they threatened to JAIL him! Not only that, but the absolutely confiscated his camera.

I think this is what is causing the confusion here. Let me try to explain. When he was on the topless deck security was 2 decks lower on the Lido deck. By the time they made it up there he was gone. Then later when they finally did approach him he was on the Lido deck and apparently security could only warn him since picture taking is allowed on that deck.

He was extremely sly about snapping the pictures. We only knew what he was doing since my wife encountered him on the topless deck. I do agree though that yes some men will scope the topless ladies out just the same as they will check you out in a bathing suit its human nature, just as it is for the ladies to check out the good looking men but picture taking without permission is just down right worng in my book. Moving bikini tops just to see the women get up to find it is worse!

Had this guy not been so discreet about taking pictures and more than a handful noticing, security might have acted differently. It really left us with a bad feeling inside! I agree though I felt Security should have atleast confiscated the film.

Moving bikini tops just to see the women get up to find it is worse!

Of everything that is confusing about this, THIS is the most confusing. How did he move their tops without them knowing? Was there some sort of nudist volleyball and the ladies were away from their chairs? Generally the women keep their tops either underneath them or beside them... How was he doing this?

Unfortunately I did not see how he did it. Had I then I would have stopped him right away. But on two separate occassions people we talked to about it told us that he would linger on the deck and wait for the women who would just lay their top on the ground next to them and then he would walk by after a bit and kick them under their chair or out of the way. I personally did not see this part happen so I cannot attest to it. I can say, I saw the photos being taking and him holding a ladies top and handing it to her on the deck and that is when I addressed the situation with security.

Gregg, I am getting more confused!!! You said "We noticed that he would go up on that deck most when he saw a woman go up and would if they were not paying attention move their tops as if the wind blew them"... now, if this was just hearsay, I would say the people that told you this, just on hearing this, were full of it. You not being a woman, might not understand this, but when we take our top off... we don't just throw it somewhere, it stays close enough for us to put it back on. If someone got close enough to "kick it", they would be on top of us! LOL! Someone may have been feeding you some bull on that one :D

GoinCruisin,

Unfortunately, I cannot verify this part but it does make sense since my wife and I witnessed him handing a top to a women who seemed distressed about the situation. Knowing the man, my wife later approached this girl and she told her that she laid her top on the deck next to her and she drifted off only to awake to this strange man standing near her asking her if this was her top.

Like I said we only caught the tail end of it so I personally cannot attest to the fact that he moved her top but only to the story she told my wife. What I can attest to is the picture taking since I saw it first hand.

Is it possible the couples we spoke to were feeding some bull to us, maybe but the stories and encounters interwind too much for us not to see a connection.

OK so clearly the guys a perv...

I have been known to go to the topless deck and wear a thong on the pool deck. Topless anywhere but on the topless deck is wrong on so many levels! If you want to wear a thong bikini at the pool, big woo! People have the right to use their cameras but NEVER on the topless deck. Carnival security is right up there with hall monitors in my opinion. I think you would have to be doing something violent to see what their made of and who knows...maybe not even then. But my point is....if your gonna wear a thong or go topless right or wrong these are the risks you take. Of course the guy was a perv....do ya think he is the only one thats ever been on a cruise ship? Plezzzz

He should take his camera to New Orleans, he would probably never cruise again. He'd be way too busy developing film.

One of the reasons I cruise Carnival is because of the option of the topless deck. I can promise that if ANYONE were to snap a picture of ANYONE on that deck while I was up there the camera would be useless when I finished with it. Don't they make p*rn for that??

I am offended at the thought of topless women on the lido deck where the main pool is! There are no doubt children and teens around there

I think I will complain to security about nude women on the lido deck!

Yet another reason why cruises should be ADULTS ONLY.

Hmmmm.....self righteous I see.

This is an example of passengers needing to mind their own business unless they are directly affected. If a cruise line is not going to enforce a dress code in the dining room, do you think they would do so on the lido deck?

And if you do not want your little ones exposed to such things, keep them at the kiddie pool where they belong.

I agree with you to a point about everyone minding their own business but in this case my wife and I were directly affected by this man taking pictures therefore we felt we should post this thread.

As for the topless deck, hey if you are a womand and going to take your top off, guys are going to look and you should expect it but to snap pictures of the sights is unacceptable.

I have no problem with a women topless on any deck. I agree that children should be informed that this is natural practice for women in other countries. With this knowledge it will help them understand "why" should they encounter the situation, however it will still be awkward!

Again though my main purpose was not to debate this certain individual and his photgraphy skills but to instead, throw out the information for others so they were better informed as to how some people react to a topless woman or thong wearing woman in large crowds.

I hope it served/serves it purpose.

I do appreciate you posting that this situation existened on your cruise. Obviously I'm sorry you both had to deal with it, what a world.

Honestly, the poster's who say they would either have the camera go swimming or worse should consider the fact that in the world we live in they would likely then see the Carnival Cops go in action after the guy (perv) filed charges against them and would at the very least ruin their cruise. Not that he wouldn't deserve it but that too is bahavior that you would likely not get away with. My husband is from Chicago.....nuff said. I asked him last night what he would do if I were there and that happened. He said he would say something to the guy (I'm sure the whole ship would hear it) and security but he wouldn't touch him or his camera because he would likely end up in the brigg!

Just one more thing thats not fair in this world!

I guess you just never Know...a few years ago on a diving trip two of our traveling buddies decided it would be fun to take their cameras onto a nude beach near Tulum, Mexico.

When they got the pictures back they were like the end of Austin Powers..ya know something exactly in the right place...A bike tire, a water bottle, a beach towel. Any way they spent a ton on having these developed in mexico and not a MONEY shot in the bunch. Serves them right...when we found out what had happened...the rest of the group almost took away there cameras.

Needless to say they are no longer on our A-list of diver parterns. Keep you eyes open and your heads up :)

While the guy shouldn't have been taking pictures, the replies to threads like these never cease to amaze me.

BIG DEAL. It's a picture. And what exactly makes the guy a "perv"? Yes, it was wrong for him to do - again it's only a picture and to speculate that the picture will be put on the internet.....please.

[quote name='livtojump']While the guy shouldn't have been taking pictures, the replies to threads like these never cease to amaze me.

BIG DEAL. It's a picture. And what exactly makes the guy a "perv"? Yes, it was wrong for him to do - again it's only a picture and to speculate that the picture will be put on the internet.....please.[/QUOTE]If you were a woman, you might look at this differently. As women, we are looked at as sex objects more times than not. As men, you wish you were looked at as sex objects so your picture on the internet might not offend you but you can bet that most women don't want a picture of them, especially one they did not pose for, floating around on the internet for everyone to see. As a woman, I like to keep certain things personal, just for my S/O. Try looking at it in the same light as someone airing your laundry.

Poolgal,

Trust me I have a pretty good temper and don't think it didn't cross my mind to take his camera forcefully or start a huge scene but as you noted we were on vacation and it wasn't worth me getting entangled in a legal battle for the rest of my trip.

Livtojump, I agree with you in that it is only a picture but its where that picture might end up that is the point here. Since permission was not being given to take such pictures to us it was wrong.

Now you ask what makes the guy a perv, well here is my simple answer. Any guy on the topless deck that stands infront of an unsuspecting woman he doesn't know holding her bikini top while she wakes up and is frantically looking for it well to me that is a perverted act.

To boot here is another to back my assessment; that same guy moves to the Lido deck within minutes and singles out his next target and within 4 feet of his target he bends down to snap a picture af a girl wearing a thong that he does not know is simply perverted especially when all he took the picture of was her bottom.

We watched him for the next hour stand on the deck below the topless deck and with each woman that went up he would go up and check her out fro minutes on end and sometimes he would even pull up a lounge next to them. Since he took these actions to such an extreme to me he is perverted.

Those are my thoughts and feeling and I am sticking to them!

So now we have a political debate. I am VERY VERY VERY much a republican, and have ZERO problem with nudity... ZERO. MANY conservatives do not share the same view that it is "taboo". But I also don't think anyone has the right to tell a GROWN woman what they should or shouldn't do. The "skin baring" as stated many :rolleyes: times, was very inconspicuous and not done in plain view of children... children see FAR worse on TV, at the beach, etc. Let's save the political debating for the candidates :D

Here's the difference. Funnel deck - pics prohibited. Anywhere else, you are fair game. If they are not taking pics of *you,* then ignoring what others are doing is the appropriate response.

[quote name='GreggV']Livtojump, I agree with you in that it is only a picture but its where that picture might end up that is the point here. Since permission was not being given to take such pictures to us it was wrong.

Now you ask what makes the guy a perv, well here is my simple answer. Any guy on the topless deck that stands infront of an unsuspecting woman he doesn't know holding her bikini top while she wakes up and is frantically looking for it well to me that is a perverted act.

[/QUOTE]
I still doubt that it will end up on the net.

Ok, I missed that part in the original post. I agree, that's a little out there:rolleyes:

[QUOTE]I have read other posts by you and definitely get the impression that you live on the far left. Liberals tend to see everything in gray........no black or white,,,,,,,,not right or wrong. You say it is only skin but it is more than that...it is a persons body. No one has the right to photograph it without permission however, women shouldnt show private areas of the body in public. A women's body used to be sacred and respected but now, thanks to liberal minded folks.....attitudes have changed. If you are not a liberal then I apologize for my remark. As you can tell I am a conservative and I have trouble with those who take issues such as skin baring in front of kids so lightly.

[/QUOTE]
Well I hope I've kept you entertained:p Trust me....I do see in black and white on certain issues. Why shouldn't one be able to show their body in an approved place....i.e., the funnel deck? I completely agree about attitudes changing, some good some bad but this is what happens when we become a kinder, gentle and more politically correct society:rolleyes: If one has issues with the "little sailors" seeing skin, then they should be kept away from the funnel deck. I've said it before and I'll say it again.....yet another reason cruises should be adults only.

My apologies to everyone! I didnt mean to turn this into political debate.

Host...thanks for removing my post, I was tryin to do it but ya beat me to it.

GoinCruisin........you are right. I tend to impose my view on others and I need to just keep quiet. I get alot out of these boards and I sure dont want any ememies here.

Livtojump.......my apologies to you too...youre allowed your opinions too.

[quote name='karenh1127']Livtojump.......my apologies to you too...youre allowed your opinions too.

[/QUOTE]
No apology necessary - I wasn't offended in the least bit. That's the wonderful thing about these boards. We come to gather information and discuss things and we all have our own opinions.

GC - I'm completely onboard with your last post.

Is the funnel deck the same as topless deck? Because my kids wont be up there! I was really talking about the pool with the slide....that is where they will be swimming. Of course I am sure they will be too busy having fun to notice if someone is tanning topless there. Now my DH on the other hand????

Archived