9/27 Glory Sailing- Pervert on Deck Taking Pictures of Semi Nude girls/Woman

GreggV

[quote name='karenh1127']Is the funnel deck the same as topless deck? Because my kids wont be up there! I was really talking about the pool with the slide....that is where they will be swimming. Of course I am sure they will be too busy having fun to notice if someone is tanning topless there. Now my DH on the other hand????[/QUOTE]
Yes they are one in the same. FWIW....I do believe the slide is above the level of the funnel deck. Please correct me if I'm wrong....anyone?

[quote name='livtojump']Yes they are one in the same. FWIW....I do believe the slide is above the level of the funnel deck. Please correct me if I'm wrong....anyone?[/QUOTE] On most ships it is exactly that. One can be at the top of the slide and look across the lido and down onto the funnel deck.

[size=3][color=red][b]GreggV...bet you had a hard time enjoying your cruise while playing "rent a cop" and "confidential informant".[/b][/color][/size]

[b][size=3][color=#ff0000]Remember, nobody likes a snitch![/color][/size][/b]
[b][size=3][color=#ff0000][/color][/size][/b]
[b][size=3][color=#ff0000]Pittsburgh is a great football town...ever been there GV??[/color][/size][/b]

[quote name='tef43']One can be at the top of the slide and look across the lido and down onto the funnel deck.[/QUOTE]As much as I would have liked that, you cannot see onto the topless area from the slide on the Destiny class. There's a white vinyl something draped around it. On the Spirit class, the funnel is in the way. And the Fantasy class and smaller, the slide goes into the main pool.

I do not know about the Conquest class.

[quote name='MrPeteLI']As much as I would have liked that, you cannot see onto the topless area from the slide on the Destiny class. There's a white vinyl something draped around it. On the Spirit class, the funnel is in the way. And the Fantasy class and smaller, the slide goes into the main pool.

I do not know about the Conquest class.[/QUOTE] The top of the slide is significantly higher than the railing above which the white tarp is attached. Same with the Fantasy-cless, regardless of which pool one is sliding into, you are above the funnel deck, far enough so that you can easily see over the railing.

I understand "slide attendant" on those ships is a highly sought-after job.

[quote name='peanutprincess1977']This whole thing makes me a little leery. People like that freak me out and I am traveling with just my sister. I want to "try" new things and having some freak up on the topless deck sneaking pictures of me isn't one of them. But I do want to try the topless deck, just for the sheer fact of being able to say I tried it if not for the tan. Hopefully there will be some guys watching out for us like you on our ship. Thanks for proving not all guys are pervs![/QUOTE]

And what cruise will you be on??!! J/K!! I'll watch your back :)

I know there will be some unkind answers to this. But....I don't think it is a necessary thing and acutally believe it should stop. What's the point? If you want to get an allover tan, you can do it at a tanning bed...or on your own balcony...or at Orient Beach. There are many children on the ships... Also, I don't think that you have to be an adult to go up there...personally, I would not want my teenage children up there gawking!

What's everybodys opinion on this?
Do you feel that the topless deck should be done away with?

Children are NOT allowed on the topless deck. Personally the presence of the topless deck is one of the reasons I prefer carnival. Not nearly as uptight as other lines. Appropriate behavior is expected, I have never had a problem that offended me.

[quote name='cruzn buckeye']I know there will be some unkind answers to this. But....I don't think it is a necessary thing and acutally believe it should stop. What's the point? If you want to get an allover tan, you can do it at a tanning bed...or on your own balcony...or at Orient Beach. There are many children on the ships... Also, I don't think that you have to be an adult to go up there...personally, I would not want my teenage children up there gawking!

What's everybodys opinion on this?
Do you feel that the topless deck should be done away with?[/QUOTE]
In a word......NO.

[quote name='cruzn buckeye']I don't think that you have to be an adult to go up there[/QUOTE] Yes, you do.
[quote name='cruzn buckeye']Do you feel that the topless deck should be done away with?[/QUOTE] Why? This is simply another example of people not minding their own business. If it does not directly affect *you,* what is the big deal?

It doesnt bother me that there is a topless deck. I just would like the topless sunners to go up there instead of the main deck. This would include thong bikinis too. As you said there are many kids on the ship and out of respect for them...use the topless deck. I tend to say bad words occasionally but I never do in front of kids...out of respect for them and their innocence. So I say "go topless" just do it on the funnel deck!

Mrnobody,

If you are trying to single me out, then yes, Pittsburgh is a great place, I live there! Actually, we enjoyed our cruise tremendously! Thank you very much. The only downer was this gentlemen who confronted my wife and other innocent people! Guess you wouldn't understand that though since you don't give a CHIT! Fortunately others do here!

[quote name='karenh1127']It doesnt bother me that there is a topless deck. I just would like the topless sunners to go up there instead of the main deck. This would include thong bikinis too. As you said there are many kids on the ship and out of respect for them...use the topless deck. I tend to say bad words occasionally but I never do in front of kids...out of respect for them and their innocence. So I say "go topless" just do it on the funnel deck![/QUOTE]
So you're saying that if I wore my thong poolside you'd be offended?:D

[quote name='karenh1127']:D LOL! So funny! It's odd that you and I seem to be on opposite ends of the spectrum but I could see us having fun together just laughing![/QUOTE]
No doubt, but I'm sure you wouldn't want your kids exposed to my sense of humor LOL.

Tom - The problem with the nekkid cruise from what I've been told is that "most" of the people those cruises you wouldn't want to see nekkid in the first place.

[quote name='Tom-n-Cheryl']LIV : so true... but hey, imagine how good some of us would look in comparison...:cool:

If I went to a nudist place, I do not think I would want to go where everyone is a hardbody/model!:o

Tom (and Cheryl!) :D[/QUOTE]
Valid on both counts ;) I went this adults only travel site once and was seriously thinking about one of those cruises :D, but then I looked at some of the pics and decided NOT.

I would be severely disappointed if Carnival did away with the topless sunbathing deck. Again - kids should not be up there - only adults. Though I am originally from NY and did the big cheer when NY became a topless state too. But I am of the humble belief that the US is too uptight about nudity in general.

[quote name='Tom-n-Cheryl']For those really wanting to bare all... do not forget the NUDE CRUISE on the LEGEND in a few months....

Do you think any of them will bother with the FUNNEL DECK ? (no pool... no bar..lol)

Tom[/QUOTE]
I guess the only thing you have to worry about on formal night is weather your purse matches your shoes. No ironing needed! :)

[quote name='Sweetcharlotte30']I guess the only thing you have to worry about on formal night is weather your purse matches your shoes. No ironing needed! :)[/QUOTE]
Unless they could "iron out the wrinkles" :p LOL...

Archived